Virtual reality gloves?

VS461

Hi evyone,

I'm thinking about the fully clickable panel of our Ka-50. I don't know is it easy to handle the things with the mouse or the mouse emulator on the X52 (not the simple clicks but the ABRIS for example). On MSFS2k4, Nemeth Bros' Mi-24P was fully clickable, but the mouse ain't the ideal input device :cry:.

Will the full clickable panel be usable with keyboard commands (and, with this, full vouce command)?

If not, I found an interesting thing: virtual reality glove:):)

http://www.vrealities.com/P5.html

With this, the clicks, knob turns etc. might be easier:D. And cheaper than a touchscreen and the TouchBuddy.

If it is compatible.

Or another useless gadget?

What are Your opinions?

Thanks!

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

Well, well, well..if the glove can move the cursor inside the cockpit and click it, that's all you need. Interesting device, would be nice if someone tried this out? Maybe ED could try one and let us one if it works or not?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

That's exactly what I was thinking about when I came up with the idea of a 1024X768 goggle. Actually I was thinking about the implementation of a fingertip force feedback glove which delivers the feelings of your fingers touching nubs and switches. Problem is, with such a glove it might be weired to grab the joystick.

The way I see things, such an idea is totally feasible today. The person who tries this out has got to be very familiar with electronics and computer driver programing. I'm just familiar with hardware design and a little about PC programing, but I'm always willing to try out new ideas. Can't promise that I'll start working on this, but if I do, I will let you know.

Looks kind'a stupid wearing that :D If it looked like regular glove I might consider it... I look crazy enough with gadgets I have already :)
Kuky! LOL! I'm thinking same about me. Some ppl like to show their every new gadgets to friends. But me? I abash to invite friends of mine to my house - 27 years old boy in his "neverland ranch".

But whole thing with electronic glove sounds good. I was thinking about it when I first time heard about 6DOF full clickable cockpit in DCS.

• Like 2

I was thinking about this myself, might be even better than a touch screen - you get to use all the screen space i.e. don't need multiple touch screens if you were to use a multiple monitor setup. So it's gonna be much cheaper, and perhaps more convenient too.

This glove looks more interesting: http://www.dg-tech.it/vhand/eng/index.html

Comes both in USB and Bluetooth flavors, and comes with an SDK (good in case there is no generic mouse emulation or it doesn't work well).

Left hand version available so you can keep your right hand on the stick. :D

This glove looks more interesting: http://www.dg-tech.it/vhand/eng/index.html

I checked this one out. By its price, I can buy 2 or almost 3 touch screen kits for my displays, if I want 17" ones.

But I don't want. I want 22" wides:D

Urze's LLTM setup is veeeery interesting. A vertical dual display with touch screen kit on the lower one... good as a rookie kit:D

Bye!

Urze's LLTM setup is veeeery interesting. A vertical dual display with touch screen kit on the lower one... good as a rookie kit:D

Bye!

Does anyone know which touch screen Urze used in the LLTM video? Or can you post some links to others that might be useful. I might start building a Blackshark rig very soon...

The I-Glasses seems to be nice as well. Pricey but nice. Military uses them as you can see if you click around a bit. Think its 800x600 res that gives you an 80inch screen in front of your eyes. Dual screens gives stereo (3D) effect. Combined with TrackIR and your inside the sim completelly.

http://www.i-glassesstore.com/iglassespc-3d.html

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

Very nice indeed. I also found these yeasterday, the eMagin z800: -

http://www.3dvisor.com/

They have the same resolution as the i-glasses and appear to have head tracking too, but I think it is only 3 dof and not 6 like trackIR 4.

I found a link to some touchscreen overlays, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a 22" widescreen version :(

http://www.touchscreens.com/products-addon.html)

Urze' touchscreen setup can be seen on the LLTM video here:

http://www.leftside-limited.com/index.html)

VR gloves

Hi,

ain't it possible to set up a 22"W and a 19" display vertically and add a touch kit to the lower 19"? I dunno if the DualHead2Go can handle it. Maybe as two 22"W and forget the side stripes cause of the 19"?

THX!

Hi,

ain't it possible to set up a 22"W and a 19" display vertically and add a touch kit to the lower 19"? I dunno if the DualHead2Go can handle it. Maybe as two 22"W and forget the side stripes cause of the 19"?

THX!

You can usually connect 2 monitors to one video-card. Dunno about ATI/AMD, but with nVidias nView it is also easily possible to arrange a vertical array.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• 4 weeks later...
These glasses look interesting--I'll bite when they can bump the resolution to 1024X768.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the next step up in resolution and also integrated 6-DOF head tracking. I remember when I was in Tokyo about 5 years ago and they had glasses then with 800x600 resolution :blink: They weren't cheap though...

Still tempted by the touchscreen films though. And I have Two GTX8800's so I could effectively run 4 monitors (I think). Two 22" and two 19" (vertical) with touch screens would be sweet :D

Yeah, I'm waiting for the next step up in resolution and also integrated 6-DOF head tracking. I remember when I was in Tokyo about 5 years ago and they had glasses then with 800x600 resolution :blink: They weren't cheap though...
I have the eMagin z800 from more than a year. It has a 3DOF head tracker that doesn't work very well, 800x600 and narrow FOV. Despite all that, it has changed they way I enjoy simulation permanently. There's nothing like looking around naturally in a stereoscopic 3D cockpit. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! I hope the future will bring a better experience, with HMD's or whatever.

That device from emotiv.com looks like science fiction. Have you tried it, or anyone?

I have the eMagin z800 from more than a year. It has a 3DOF head tracker that doesn't work very well, 800x600 and narrow FOV. Despite all that, it has changed they way I enjoy simulation permanently. There's nothing like looking around naturally in a stereoscopic 3D cockpit. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone! I hope the future will bring a better experience, with HMD's or whatever.

That device from emotiv.com looks like science fiction. Have you tried it, or anyone?

Thanks for the info on the eMagin z800. I'll stall well away ;) I have confidence that there will be something much better that will be avaiable soon. I wish I could afford to go to Tokyo again and go down to Akihabara - check out all the cool new toys! :thumbup:

Yeah, certainly looks like 'one-of-a-kind' ;):D