Quest 2 DCS VR

Viciam1

Actually looking at it, I have a 3070, those drivers aren’t for my card...

Oh sorry, I didn’t realize you have a 30 series card.
Yeah I can open steamvr as well, but when i launch dcs it launches it using oculus software not steamvr...
Maybe you have the steam version of dcs

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Good morning all.

Quite frankly guys, I don't know how you get 45 or 90 fps with DCS and the Quest 2.

Here is my config:

i9-9900KF
Gigabyte Z390
RTX 2080 Super 8Gb
32 Gb Ram

I read and reread all the messages in this post, I tried all the solutions offered, I watched tutorials on YouTube and despite that I barely manage to get 29 fps with my Quest 2 with the Link.
When I look from the front, no problem, the image is fluid. But if I look to the side, the image have latency. The lower we are, the more it shows. At altitude the effect is reduced and it is acceptable.

I installed OTT and applied the recommended settings, but the question I'm wondering is whether to change the settings in the Quest control panel on Oculus Link as well, or just leave all settings on "Recommended".

I come to regret my CV1 which even if it had a not very clear image, it had excellent fluidity.

When I try the Quest 2 with another game such as Elite Dangerous, I have no problem and all is very fluid. With MSFS it is better even some latency on the side but certainly due to the fact that for the moment VR is not well optimised in MSFS. 

Your tips are welcome.

Chris

Edited by ChrisFlying

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ChrisFlying

Chris "Tiger" Modave

EASA ATPL(A) 737 NG TR

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 1:03 AM, ChrisFlying said:

When I look from the front, no problem, the image is fluid. But if I look to the side, the image have latency. The lower we are, the more it shows. At altitude the effect is reduced and it is acceptable.

That's clearly "Vsync" problem, You have to open nVidia control panel, graphics settings, find DCS settings and set vsync = Fast there, should eliminate latency while looking to the side.

With best regards, Albert R. Valiev

----

Oculus Rift S, i7-8700, RTX-2070, 32Gb RAM, M2 SSD (X4 PCI-E mode).

On 1/8/2021 at 12:54 AM, darkstarRAF said:

That's clearly "Vsync" problem, You have to open nVidia control panel, graphics settings, find DCS settings and set vsync = Fast there, should eliminate latency while looking to the side.

Already done that before but without any change. But recently I change in OTT the Default ASW mode from adaptative to 30 hz, and it's works. I try 45hz or 45hz Forced but there again I have the latency on the sides. So come back to 30 hz. Simulation is smooth, almost no latency. Only a CTD after a 15 minutes of playing (very low flight on PG map with the F-14).

I continue to investigate. The Quest 2 is a very good VR headset but still need to be optimised for DCS as with other sims it works very well.

Chris

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ChrisFlying

Chris "Tiger" Modave

EASA ATPL(A) 737 NG TR

On 1/11/2021 at 12:22 PM, ChrisFlying said:

Already done that before but without any change. But recently I change in OTT the Default ASW mode from adaptative to 30 hz, and it's works. I try 45hz or 45hz Forced but there again I have the latency on the sides. So come back to 30 hz. Simulation is smooth, almost no latency. Only a CTD after a 15 minutes of playing (very low flight on PG map with the F-14).

I continue to investigate. The Quest 2 is a very good VR headset but still need to be optimised for DCS as with other sims it works very well.

Chris

Good news I have found how to have a smooth image and no CTD.

I have just use the recommended settings for the Quest 2 in the Oculus App (72hz and 1.0) and put in OTT the ASW mode to 30 hz. 

No more CTD. Smooth image but (there is always a but), don't begin to use F2 view to see all other planes. You will have a head latency while coming back in the cockpit.

Chris

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ChrisFlying

Chris "Tiger" Modave

EASA ATPL(A) 737 NG TR

I have the same problem with my Quest 1. Not only if I use F2 but sometimes there is an extreme stuttering. To eliminate I have to change from ASW „disabled“ to „Auto“ and back. Sometimes I also have to enable the Bypass proximity sensor option for a few seconds. After that all runs perfekt. Still didn’t found the cause for that behaviour. 

12700k | 3090 | 64GB DDR4 | WD SN850X | Quest 3

On 1/12/2021 at 5:25 PM, ChrisFlying said:

Good news I have found how to have a smooth image and no CTD.

I have just use the recommended settings for the Quest 2 in the Oculus App (72hz and 1.0) and put in OTT the ASW mode to 30 hz. 

No more CTD. Smooth image but (there is always a but), don't begin to use F2 view to see all other planes. You will have a head latency while coming back in the cockpit.

Chris

Have you tried switching off MSAA in DCS and setting the Link to the highest resolution at 90Hz? I have a very similar system to yours, and I am getting very fluid, stutter free gameplay. No super sampling needed at this resolution and I am not dipping below 45fps at all. 

• Like 1

I'm having problems with the Oculus Link dropping and DCS locking up. I've tried most of the setting adjustments mentioned earlier (some I was unable to do), but no luck. Am starting to wonder if my computer is just not good enough. I don't have a USB Type C port, so couldn't use the Oculus Cable and got a USB A to USB C cable using a USB 3.1 port. Here is what I'm using:

Motherboard = MSI Z170A Gaming Pro (MS-7984)

Processor = Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 4 Core

GPU = NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

RAM = 16 GB

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I have been working on settings since I got the Quest 2 about 10 days ago. I was about to give up reasoning that my hardware was not enough for the Quest 2. For my Rift S it is fine. Then today I saw the video by VR Flight Sim Guy https://youtu.be/29zJa9e_rG4 He has been trying for 2 weeks for MSFS202 and made great strides. I followed his directions for MSFS2020 and saw an improvement buit MSFS2020 is hard on systems. I decided to start DCS just to see how his settings looked and I have to say I am blown away. The clarity in the cockpit is amazing compared to the Rift S. and I am getting 30+ FPS in the air which is fine for me and about 20-25 on the ground. I tried it first with the Sandy CSAR mission for the A10II and it ran fine for the duration of the mission. After that I ran the winter Instant mission on Caucuses and I had a link disconnection twice. I lowered the link bit rate to 450 from 500. But still have a disconnect. I have had 2 DCS crashes not sure why as mentioned the first mission ran fine for over 30 minutes. So I will have to tinker some more but to finally see the crew on the carrier deck completely clear was amazing. It does run at 14FPS on the deck but that is not a big problem for me as I am starting up and taxiing. As soon as I was airborne I got 30FPS.  

System: Ryzen 7 2700 OC 3.45 32 GB @2866mhz. 2070 @1950ms ~70% load

Here are my settings:

https://imgur.com/gallery/nKfPv6a Sorry I can't seem to get the images in as normal.

One interesting setting Mirror FOV. I have it set to 0.70. When hovering over this setting it states that it has not effect on the image in the headset. But I do see an effect. I am blind in my left eye and decided to reduce the left FOV to 10% as it improves performance. The Q2 has a wide FOV and reducing it to 0.70 or 0.80 is fine and you don't see the edges. But when I went into DCS with the 0.10 for the left eye I only saw a small vertical bar as a result in my VR view. So it does affect it. I have to do some more testing to see how this parameter works.

I will still plan on a Ryzen 5 5600x with a 3070/3080Ti or a 6900 GPU in the future but for now I can use my Quest2. Just need to figure out is causing the link disconnections. Has onyone tried the wireless link with DCS?

PS I have PD in DCS at 1.5.

Peter

Edited by DutchCoolHand

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

What helped a lot for my setup was to set the process priority of the OVRSer er_x64 to “above normal” If this won’t help you also could try the setting  “real-time” instead of “above normal”.

But you have to set it every restart again, or use a tool like Process Lasso.

12700k | 3090 | 64GB DDR4 | WD SN850X | Quest 3

I thought I'd post my settings with my legacy rig + Quest 2 VR headset in the event that its of help (hopefully the images post). The game changer for me was the lastest NVIDIA driver hotfix (461.33) - https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5152

M/B

MSI X99S Gaming 7 (MS-7885)

CPU:

Intel Core i7-5930K @3.5GHz, 6 Cores (OC to 3.9 GHz)

RAM

48GB 2100MHz

GFX

NVIDA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 (461.33 Drivers - HOTFIX)

SSD

Samsung EVO 1TB's (Multiple)

OS

Windows 10 Pro (Latest OS patches)

VR

Oculus Quest 2

Oculus Software

Graphics > Devices > Graphics Preferences

image.png

GRAPHICS PREFERENCES

image.png

Oculus Tray Tool

GAME SETTINGS > VIEW & EDIT > CREATE NEW PROFILE

image.png

image.png

QUEST LINK

image.png

SteamVR Settings

Settings > General (I set this to the closest Oculus Quest 2 per-eye resolution - 2232x 2252)

image.png

• Render Resolution: Custom
    • Set to 150% (or closest per-eye resolution of your VR Headset as a minimum)

Settings > Video

image.png

• Resolution per eye (This is set via the 'global screen')
  • Advanced Supersample Filtering: On (Will also set this in-game)
  • Overlay Render Quality: Low

Setting > Video > Per-Application Video Settings

image.png

• Select 'DCS WORLD STEAM EDITION' (DCS STEAM, yours may vary if non-steam)
  • Custom Resolution Multiplier: 44% (Your mileage may vary) = Add SS
    • Note: You'll be increasing DCS settings, so there's no needs to go crazy here
  • Motion Smoothing: Disabled (This adds another 50% to SS)

DCS Game Settings

SYSTEM TAB

image.png

VR TAB

image.png

NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL

Manage 3D Settings > Programs Settings > Digital Combat Simulator

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Dodge
  • Like 1

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, VPC WarBRD-D Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, VPC ACE Interceptor PedalsVKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset, Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset, & TrackIR

Group: DCAF (Now Left, but a great group to be apart of - UK Based)

I mentioned that had some link disconnections and crashes but only after one flight. Yesterday I did a mission on the Nevada map where you have to stop the tank column. Flew 20 to 30 minutes flawlessly. For my second flight I decided to reboot just to see if that would make a difference. It is did not second flight 5 minutes in  the link disconnected. Although I can reconnect and DCS continues I don’t see the image. 
I upgraded to 461.33 as people reported it fixed their micro stutters. I hav not seen a difference. Next step, I will reboot the headset after my first flight. It is must strange how the first flight goes perfect no matter how long it is but the second one gives problems.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

It might be the placebo effect but I have noticed that when exiting a mission, and sometimes DCS, that the graphics card RAM wouldn't always clear/flush (used fpsVR when I witnessed this happening). It random and doesn't 'always' occur. Performance would be terrible if I attempted to continue. The only workaround I found sufficient was to shut the game, shut SteamVR, and Steam. Then open DCS from within the Oculus (which opens Steam, SteamVR and DCS automatically for me). 

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, VPC WarBRD-D Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, Thrustmaster HOTAS Throttle, VPC ACE Interceptor PedalsVKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset, Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset, & TrackIR

17 hours ago, Dodge said:

It might be the placebo effect but I have noticed that when exiting a mission, and sometimes DCS, that the graphics card RAM wouldn't always clear/flush (used fpsVR when I witnessed this happening). It random and doesn't 'always' occur. Performance would be terrible if I attempted to continue. The only workaround I found sufficient was to shut the game, shut SteamVR, and Steam. Then open DCS from within the Oculus (which opens Steam, SteamVR and DCS automatically for me). 

Yes that has been mentioned as a problem so no placebo! I do it every time now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1. WTF guys, why do you use SteamVR at all when you have Oculus? Do not do that, SteamVR in this case will just lower your performance, as it will act as "middleware" between Oculus and DCS, eating your memory and VRAM. DCS supports native Oculus SDK, so use that.

2. Dodge posted his settings and that's quite wrong way to do with DCS with his hardware. Now I have to post mine, just tp rectify that. Also settings are applicable for GPU like 2070 or higher. Well it worked fine for me when I had RTX 2070, with 3080 it even better. Those who has weaker GPU's I'm sorry I don't know what should be set for you. Anyway:

2.1: Oculus software -> Oculus Quest 2 graphics preferences:  set it to 90Hz / 1.7
2.2: Oculus Debug tool: Encoding bitrate at least 350 (with new V.25 update it would become recommended as v.25 has problems with it set to 400+), Encoding resolution width: at least 3664, if you have RTX30++ GPU - set it to 4080. Distortion curvature - set it to low to have max fidelity in center of view. It would slightly distort edges, but center picture would be greatest. ASW - better disable it, as it works in mysterious ways and sometimes causes lags. Same with adaptive performance scale for GPU - turn it off.
2.3: DO NOT USE STEAMVR AT ALL
2.4: DCS settings: well, I have all textures and water set to high, max visibility. If you have 2070 - MSAA/SSAA should be set to off. 3070+ =  MSAA/SSAA set to 2X 
2.5: As mentioned earlier - in nVidia control panel set DCS profile with vsync = Fast.

2.6: I REPEAT FOR THIRD TIME: DO NOT USE STEAMVR 🙂

Edited by darkstarRAF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

----

Hi guys
So I really appreciate this topic and have found it quite useful. I have spend hours and hours and hours and hours trying to get the "smooth spot", but to no avail so far. 

I find that my micro stutter issues is not entirely resolved. When I fly 1 mission (just instant free fly), everything can be fine and experience is good. Then, when I start the next, it pixelates and shit. Why is this?

I have tried so many of the things you have mentioned. Reducing Oculus refresh rate to 72 or 80 hz, but this just makes quality bad and doesnt solve the issue.

Right now I have it at 90 hz, but should I increase this to max and do the changes in either OTT or DCS?

I cant seem to know how to do this right. I have the OTT, should I change my PD/SS here or in DCS? And what do I put the value to in the program, where I wont make my adjustments (0 or 1.0)? Do I have to make a profile in OTT? I have tried many of the different settings, but I cant seem to find any consistency in what is good or bad.

Found that the bitrate inflicts it more thought, Ihave put it at 350 now. But have tried 150-500 and the microstutter still appears.

How about the NVIDIA settings? Sorry that its in danish. I have changed the VSync setting to fast.

Its like really frustrating. Hope you can help me in any way, thanks. 

Specs:

RTX 3060 Ti

I7 10700 2.9 GHz, 32 gb ram.

billede.pngbillede.pngbillede.pngbillede.pngbillede.png

Klaus, hey!
Ok, let's go through steps with you. First: what cable do you use and does Oculus link USB test shows at least 1.3 GBPs throughtput?
Second: no need to set PD in sim or OTT, leave it as default. Also check that you have Oculus software version v.23 minumum on PC and on Quest 2 device. 

I cannot translate what you have in nvidia settings, but you should set vertical sync to "fast" there, as shown in picture below.

nvidia_settings.png

Also your Quest 2 settings in Oculus PC software should look like this:

quest2_settings.png

I think that 3060 is on par with 2070, so this should be enough.

In DCS you should set textures to high, MSAA/SSAA off, probably disable shadows too (they're huge FPS eaters). I found that textures settings don't have huge impacts on FPS but you could play with that too. Also disable motion blur, set reflections to low or disable it too (I don't remember if you can do that). Set PD 1.0 in sim as default, you don't need that.
In OTT only set default ASW mode to OFF, Adaptive GPU Scaling OFF, link settings: set encode resolution to 3664, not 3648. Should be enough for your setup. 

----

Weirdest thing ive got going on with the Quest 2 is how slowly it takes for performance to become good. It's eventually fine, stabilizing comfortably around 45fps but for the first few minutes of a mission-especially on or near the ground-frames average somewhat lower, like lower 20s. I've screwed with a lot of settings and systems like OTT and DCS different settings. Interestingly I may have had a better performance average at higher settings for textures and terrain Pre-Loading than when I set those items low fearing they'd impact performance. I still get some stuttering but its highly intermittent and again, only near the ground. PD in DCS set to 1.0 but I found it was better to just ask max performance from the Oculus App (90hz over 5408 x 2736) than ask it from DCS. 

Core i7 9th Gen 2.6 Ghz (< Suspect this one is causing the problem)

RTX2060 

16gb RAM 

Would not be surprised to hear i've got a CPU bottleneck going on because when I loaded up the GPU and RAM more performance seemed to improve. 

Edited by DocHawkeye

3 hours ago, DocHawkeye said:

Weirdest thing ive got going on with the Quest 2 is how slowly it takes for performance to become good. It's eventually fine, stabilizing comfortably around 45fps but for the first few minutes of a mission-especially on or near the ground-frames average somewhat lower, like lower 20s. I've screwed with a lot of settings and systems like OTT and DCS different settings. Interestingly I may have had a better performance average at higher settings for textures and terrain Pre-Loading than when I set those items low fearing they'd impact performance. I still get some stuttering but its highly intermittent and again, only near the ground. PD in DCS set to 1.0 but I found it was better to just ask max performance from the Oculus App (90hz over 5408 x 2736) than ask it from DCS. 

Core i7 9th Gen 2.6 Ghz (< Suspect this one is causing the problem)

RTX2060 

16gb RAM 

Would not be surprised to hear i've got a CPU bottleneck going on because when I loaded up the GPU and RAM more performance seemed to improve. 

interesting you say that, I followed someone's suggestions and it set it to much higher values than I thought would be good. The image quality was much better than I had before. no more shimmers in the cockpit. It did push my system to its limits. After upgrading to the 5600X I am good again. Now I am fine if my FPS is 25 on the supercarrier while I start up and taxi to the cat. The moment I am of the deck I am back up to 35 - 40 fps. It used to be 17fps with my Ryzen 7 2700.

Shaders are a major burden and it seems to a lesser extent terrain textures are too, but that seems odd. It's also worth pointing out that most of my problems are in one airplane, the F-14. Performance is no issue in the F/A-18 for instance which is covered in displays. 

On 2/7/2021 at 11:19 AM, darkstarRAF said:

1. WTF guys, why do you use SteamVR at all when you have Oculus? Do not do that, SteamVR in this case will just lower your performance, as it will act as "middleware" between Oculus and DCS, eating your memory and VRAM. DCS supports native Oculus SDK, so use that.

2. Dodge posted his settings and that's quite wrong way to do with DCS with his hardware. Now I have to post mine, just tp rectify that. Also settings are applicable for GPU like 2070 or higher. Well it worked fine for me when I had RTX 2070, with 3080 it even better. Those who has weaker GPU's I'm sorry I don't know what should be set for you. Anyway:

2.1: Oculus software -> Oculus Quest 2 graphics preferences:  set it to 90Hz / 1.7
2.2: Oculus Debug tool: Encoding bitrate at least 350 (with new V.25 update it would become recommended as v.25 has problems with it set to 400+), Encoding resolution width: at least 3664, if you have RTX30++ GPU - set it to 4080. Distortion curvature - set it to low to have max fidelity in center of view. It would slightly distort edges, but center picture would be greatest. ASW - better disable it, as it works in mysterious ways and sometimes causes lags. Same with adaptive performance scale for GPU - turn it off.
2.3: DO NOT USE STEAMVR AT ALL
2.4: DCS settings: well, I have all textures and water set to high, max visibility. If you have 2070 - MSAA/SSAA should be set to off. 3070+ =  MSAA/SSAA set to 2X 
2.5: As mentioned earlier - in nVidia control panel set DCS profile with vsync = Fast.

2.6: I REPEAT FOR THIRD TIME: DO NOT USE STEAMVR 🙂

Hi darkstarRAF,

I've not kept tabs on this post since my last post. However, I have changed my system setup to something much more 'capable' and also found that I didn't have to use SteamVR. I'm actually already using your suggestion of '2.1'  for several days, and which I have to say is much better for me (I don't need to use OTT/Debug Tools). I might try your '2.2' point to see if it helps even further (and with the recent 'Q2 'link' disconnection I'm experiencing). However, although another matter in itself, since my Oculus Quest 2 updated from v23 to v25 I have been experiencing regular 'link' disconnections. This was not happening at all with v23 (either old system or this new upgrade). Thanks for you post, very useful and I wish I had read that sooner 🙂

At this current time I am doing the following:

M/B

ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming

CPU:

AMD 5800x (OC 4.8GHz)

RAM

64GB 3600MHz

GFX

NVIDA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 (461.40 Drivers)

SSD

Samsung EVO 1TB's (Multiple)

OS

Windows 10 Pro (Latest OS patches)

VR

Oculus Quest 2

Oculus Software

Graphics > Devices > Graphics Preferences

null

GRAPHICS PREFERENCES

null

• Render Resolution: 5408 x 2736 (1.7x)
  • Here's why: Here, Here, here

DCS Game Settings

This is very much still being tweaked and is subject to change!

SYSTEM TAB

null

VR TAB

null

• Pixel Density: 1.6

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Dodge

Regards,
Paul "Dodge / LondonLad" 

I found I had better performance running the Oculus Quest 2 at the higher refresh rate than the lower ones. But i'm starting to narrow down my problem to the hard drive i've got the game on. It's on an HDD which I had originally thought was an SDD. In spite of that all of the game's airplanes aren't giving me performance problems in VR save for one, the F-14-which i'm experiencing massive stutters and micro-freezing in. 

The trouble is my computer's built in SDD is too small for DCS, it's only got around 90GB free while the HDD it's on has plenty of space but has to be crippling the F-14's VR performance. I wonder if there's a way to allow the game to run F-14 from that drive ie: split the install. Probably not...

I think you'd be better off just buying a new SSD and transferring everything onto that. It made a big difference for me, not just in how the modules ran but everything is better, the boot up time of your PC and DCS loading times are dramatically faster. It you get a Samsung SSD, for example, they come with their own software that makes data transfer from your old drive really easy. Other brands might do also but I know the Samsung one I got definitely did.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

That's just the one I grabbed Alpine. I'm now 99% certain my issues in VR are coming from that hard drive. F-14 and Syria both have huge texture maps and they're both performance hogs in VR. This is consistent with some stuff mentioned on r/hoggit and Heatblur's side of the forum that F-14 and Syria place heavy performance loading on system memory. Caucasus and every other airplane in the game are smooth playing in VR. When I turned textures and terrain textures all the way down? Stuttering disappeared in F-14 and Syria. Hard drive has gotta be the culprit. Easy to fix with an external SSD purchase. 

I was focused way too much on the big 3 it seems, CPU, GPU, and RAM. I only just learned last week that HDD vs SDD is a significant factor too but since it wasn't an issue for every module or terrain it was hard to narrow down. 

Edited by DocHawkeye

Hi Dodge!

V.25 currently pretty much bugged, I give you that, having had problems with it myself (though I don't have disconnect problem). As I mentioned in previous post - set encoding bitrate to >= 350, it helps with sound distortions / flickers and other stuff. For link disconnections - that's really random from what I've read over in OculusQuest subreddit, some people have this problem, some not. Also setting PD in DCS become nearly pointless, as it gives little difference in picture quality (though it still gives that, but at cost of FPS, so I'd play with that to see  what's more comfortable). But that got me curious and I will compare pictures to see the difference between yours and mine settings of PD (which is default in mine), that way we could decide more/less ideal settings for us too. Hopefully with the next update FB/Oculus will fix that link so it would work normally again.

Edited by darkstarRAF
  • Like 1

----