F-35 A/B/C Community Mod

On 7/28/2022 at 2:24 AM, Hawkeye60 said:
  •  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zwkl7cbypd1z5y/F-35_Lightning_II.zip?dl=0

Never say never!

Max inside. A cad nav model.

Needs someone to assemble a mod and add these files to it.

FYI, there is no gear at present.

flight surfaces animation is done. Cockpit opens.

Air brakes need to be animated. Better cockpit and pilot needed.

I leave this in the communities hands.

I am here to assist, but NOT finish it.

Good luck, and good hunting!

I’m not entirely sure what this is, but I was thinking of either modifying the VSN mod with their permission or making a basic one of my own. Is this a cockpit or a mod?

• Like 1

It is a basic low poly model.

Not very good IMHO

which is why I did not finish it.

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

7 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

It is a basic low poly model.

Not very good IMHO

which is why I did not finish it.

Would you mind elaborating? I'm new to this. Also, if you wouldn't mind, can I ask you things from time to time to help me make a basic realistic F-35 mod? Just ask you things.

Edited by F-35 Guy

Of course!

I am hear to help if I can.

First of all,
What app are you using to create the edm?

Max, or Blender?

You do know the VSN team have just released a new F-35?

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

9 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Of course!

I am hear to help if I can.

First of all,
What app are you using to create the edm?

Max, or Blender?

You do know the VSN team have just released a new F-35?

Yes but it isn’t that good, in flight or looks. And I also want to make a custom cockpit, maybe clickable. I’m currently using Blender, because from what I understand 3D Max is $500 a month. If it’s free I’ll use that instead

Edited by F-35 Guy

OK, Fair enough

We always need new modders.

However, I use Max,

and do not know Blender.

Tobi, the guy who made the edm exporter for Blender has a discord

I suggest you join.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

OK, Fair enough

We always need new modders.

However, I use Max,

and do not know Blender.

Tobi, the guy who made the edm exporter for Blender has a discord

I suggest you join.

Discord name? There is also a new F-35 being made by A51 tech. It will have all the systems that are public. But it’s a year or more out. I’m just going to make an F-35 with an “accurate” EFM, custom cockpit, and realistic weapons. That’s what I’m after, and yes I’m aware that’s going to be a while.

Edited by F-35 Guy
  • Like 1

@Hawkeye60 It appears that there is a private F-35 mod that is very close to completion. All that’s left on it is avionics, weapons and an EFM. If I can persuade them to post it, would you be willing to work on it, or at least help me work on it?

Edited by F-35 Guy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, F-35 Guy said:

@Hawkeye60 It appears that there is a private F-35 mod that is very close to completion. All that’s left on it is avionics, weapons and an EFM. If I can persuade them to post it, would you be willing to work on it, or at least help me work on it?

If avionics and EFM is left, then it's not "close to completion", rather the opposite. 

5 minutes ago, Copprhead said:

If avionics and EFM is left, then it's not "close to completion", rather the opposite. 

Avionics as in the pages. It has the HUD and FCS already and an SFM similar to the F-22 so no hurry on that. Radar page fuel etc. Also needs weapons. RWR is in.

16 hours ago, Copprhead said:

Avionics as in the pages. It has the HUD and FCS already and an SFM similar to the F-22 so no hurry on that. Radar page fuel etc. Also needs weapons. RWR is done.

NO ONE join A51Tech Discord server. The lead developer asked for a 13 year old girl to do you know what with him. I only put it that way because I don’t know DCS forum rules

Edited by F-35 Guy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, F-35 Guy said:

Yeah, I really want a flyable F-35 though…

How are you planning on validating the FM, displays, sensors and weapon functionality? EVERYTHING about this jet is classified, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ST0RM said:

How are you planning on validating the FM, displays, sensors and weapon functionality? EVERYTHING about this jet is classified, 

Not everything. There are plenty of videos that SHOW the displays and some that goes over sensors. Maybe I couldn’t get it exact but I could get it close.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, F-35 Guy said:

Not everything. There are plenty of videos that SHOW the displays and some that goes over sensors. Maybe I couldn’t get it exact but I could get it close.

Are you in any way affiliated with the F-35 program? So you'd be able to get some start on an FM? Or plan on just making something up?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ST0RM said:

Are you in any way affiliated with the F-35 program? So you'd be able to get some start on an FM? Or plan on just making something up?

Dude do you complain like this about the F-22 mod by Grinnelli? Also the plane flight model is available out of videos regarding AOA

Edited by F-35 Guy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Thanks for all you do @F-35 Guy.  I so badly want to do some BEO STUFF in a F-35A in DCS...

2MP_of_CLOUDS, VAPE AND BeoBurner_20230930-1554-DSC_0042.jpg

2MP_of_FLARES UP FROM THE F-35A BELLY_20230930-1553-DSC_0002.jpg

2MP_of_MAJOR BEO DROPPING THE FLARES AGAINST A DARK SKY_20230930-1605-DSC_0465-Enhanced-NR.jpg

2MP_of_Major Beo Flares While Upside Down - 16-9_20230930-1557-DSC_0182-Enhanced-NR.jpg

What do you mean all I do? I’m just sticking up for the aircraft. F-22 gets a shot, and the F-35 is arguably better. So why is it not represented?