Autorotation Video

Nice flying but poor FPS spoils alot. Especialy that it's all about physics->animation here. The latest SimHQ's video is more fun to watch. Could you please make following videos with higher FPS?

Huh? Do you mean higher resolution and bitrate? If yes, I`m with you.:)

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Huh? Do you mean higher resolution and bitrate? If yes, I`m with you.:)

I meant FPS as frames per second. I don't know what you need high resolution slideshow for :P Compare this video to the latest Extended CUT.wmv or SimHQ's movie I mentioned before. I'm not talking about few nearly 100FPS (which btw does make a difference) movies but decent FPS would be nice.

• ED Team
Nice flying but poor FPS spoils alot. Especialy that it's all about physics->animation here. The latest SimHQ's video is more fun to watch. Could you please make following videos with higher FPS?

Please consider it as a mobile phone camera footage taken in the right place. :)

It was not specially designed video just interesting working moment during autorotation testing.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Please remember that this is still WIP and ED shared this video with the community for demonstration purpose of the flight model, not high fps.

And I'm grateful but Producer's Notes are also rather low FPS vids so I kindly asked for slightly higher FPS.

• ED Team
I'm all blown away by the physics that's modeled in game! And by the way...Did the rotor blades stop rotating just before touch down?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do1VYW6rKFM

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Please consider it as a mobile phone camera footage taken in the right place. :)

It was not specially designed video just interesting working moment during autorotation testing.

I pay You my respects then! :thumbup:

I thought about you've just snap it (with fraps for example) in a hurry during your work but too late, sorry.

Very cool video. It's amazing how you can actually see the little movements and adjustments in AoA with this little effect.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• ED Team

That looks pretty much spot on gents! As long as the rotors didn't actually stop IN game, I think you've nailed it. Just to clarify, on approach and certainly during the flare, the rotor should be spinning at 100% of it's regualr RPM. After you settle through the flare and begin applying collective, the rotor will bleed off to below 80% within about 2-5 seconds depending on the aircraft and weight. Once you are that low on RPM, the rotor isn't really efficient anymore...so you don't want to balloon up on your flare. Otherwise, thats a long fall from 30 or so feet!

Edit: Oh I am basing all this info on single rotor airframes. Now that I'm thinking about it, having 6 main rotor blades may actually speed up that rotor RPM loss by a ton! Now I've got 1 more thing I can't wait to try in this sim.

• ED Team
That looks pretty much spot on gents! As long as the rotors didn't actually stop IN game, I think you've nailed it. Just to clarify, on approach and certainly during the flare, the rotor should be spinning at 100% of it's regualr RPM. After you settle through the flare and begin applying collective, the rotor will bleed off to below 80% within about 2-5 seconds depending on the aircraft and weight. Once you are that low on RPM, the rotor isn't really efficient anymore...so you don't want to balloon up on your flare. Otherwise, thats a long fall from 30 or so feet!

Coaxial rotor helo has its own disadvantages while autorotating that are the reverse side of a medal of its counterrotating. One of them is yaw control.

Due to this reason you must not try to maintain normal rotor rpm because you can get lack of rudder or even rudder reversed. The flaring is harder to do because of the same reason and you have to apply collective as you begin to flare so rotor can not be accelerated while flaring. Otherwise you cannot prevent right yawing while the speed is bleeding.

So then, autorotation technique for the apache will be different!

Nice GGTharos, thinking ahead :joystick:

I think I'll be ready for the Apache in 3-5 years, considering it will probably take that long for me to become proficient in the Ka-50!

So then, autorotation technique for the apache will be different!

I'm really looking forward to compare the different types of helos in one simulation. Considering the level of physical detail modeled, this could be really interesting. :thumbup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD