F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

1 hour ago, Jerec said:

I´ve a crash to desktop when flying the mission.

Former Grinelli version works. 

So you're saying you have a mission with the F22 and after installing my modified files it crashes to desktop?  I don't see how that would happen.  If there was something missing, then a part of the mod wouldn't work, like certain displays or even the entire F22.  In which case you'd get a message in the mission that the F22 mod was missing and it wouldn't load.  But it shouldn't just CTD.  What does your log file say the cause of the crash is?  And what version did you use?  And how did you install it?

Is anyone else having issues with it crashing?

Testing things in night mode (I haven't flown the raptor much at night since it doesn't have NVG's.) I found a few of things of interest.

First, the maps are way oversaturated at night and even attempting to dim them down doesn't really work.  Hey, it's night anyway....you can't see the ground very well.  So I created a night "map" that just says OFF.

I also found that the ICP code doesn't support day/night mode.  And the ICP systems lua is encrypted.  So if the ICP text is too bright at night the only solution I could come up with was to create a new material to use for a night version.  In the .\Cockpit\Scripts\ICP folder there are now two folders Day and Night, each has a version of the page_1.lua.  If you're going to be flying at night I recommend copying that one into place at \Cockpit\Scripts\ICP.  It's perfect at night but not visible in the daylight.

Another interesting point.  For some reason, the warning messages won't display on the PMFD when in night mode.  I don't know why that is.  They still display fine in day mode and in the UFD's in day or night.  So....we'll call it a "feature" to keep from distracting the pilot at night. /shrug  At night the UFD warning tend to get your attention pretty well anyhow.

I also added the blank page for the center and right MFD's and changed the PMFD so that all of them read "AVIONICS OFF" until the avionics are in fact on.  The UFD doesn't have a blank page.  Unfortunately additional pages can't be added because of the file encryption.  Ideally I'd be able to integrate the different maps into the map page from inside the cockpit but again, I can't add additional pages.

I found that the Raptor logo on the menu pages was a bit distracting at night even though it's barely visible in day.  So I removed it from all pages except the CFG "config" page on the PMFD.

I've updated both versions with these changes.  Same links.  Just re-download.

Single Player:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0iahwuoozbqk5t/F-22A Single Player.7z?dl=0

Multi Player:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47d2gu21874torf/F-22A Multi Player.7z?dl=0

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I "reworked" the external textures, by making small improvements and adding more details all over the airframe. The major change you notice is due to the RoughMet textures I adjusted, in order to replicate the RAM coating more accurately.

I still want to tweak these a little bit more, make it lighter. I think it's too dark right now under certain lightning conditions.

If there is enough interest I can share these with @Nightstorm so he can include them!

Some preview screens.

Spoiler

K2Aersa.png

Spoiler

0mbJ7m9.png

• Like 3

beautiful. would love to see both you collaborating on this awesome mod  . Looking forward to it 😉

32 minutes ago, Texac said:

I "reworked" the external textures, by making small improvements and adding more details all over the airframe. The major change you notice is due to the RoughMet textures I adjusted, in order to replicate the RAM coating more accurately.

I still want to tweak these a little bit more, make it lighter. I think it's too dark right now under certain lightning conditions.

If there is enough interest I can share these with @Nightstorm so he can include them!

Some preview screens.

Hide contents

K2Aersa.png

Hide contents

0mbJ7m9.png

Edited by FoxHoundELite

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hace 4 horas, Nightstorm dijo:

Probando cosas en modo nocturno (no he volado el raptor mucho por la noche ya que no tiene NVG). Encontré algunas cosas de interés.

Primero, los mapas están sobresaturados por la noche e incluso intentar atenuarlos no funciona realmente. Oye, de todos modos es de noche ... no puedes ver muy bien el suelo. Así que creé un "mapa" nocturno que solo dice APAGADO.

También descubrí que el código ICP no admite el modo día / noche. Y el lua de los sistemas ICP está encriptado. Entonces, si el texto ICP es demasiado brillante por la noche, la única solución que se me ocurrió fue crear un nuevo material para usar en una versión nocturna. En la carpeta. \ Cockpit \ Scripts \ ICP ahora hay dos carpetas Day y Night, cada una tiene una versión de page_1.lua. Si va a volar de noche, le recomiendo que lo copie en \ Cockpit \ Scripts \ ICP. Es perfecto por la noche pero no visible a la luz del día.

Otro punto interesante. Por alguna razón, los mensajes de advertencia no se mostrarán en el PMFD cuando esté en modo nocturno. No sé por qué es eso. Todavía se muestra bien en el modo diurno y en los UFD durante el día o la noche. Entonces ... lo llamaremos una "característica" para evitar distraer al piloto por la noche. / encogiéndose de hombros Por la noche, la advertencia de UFD tiende a llamar bastante su atención de todos modos.

También agregué la página en blanco para el MFD central y derecho y cambié el PMFD para que todos leyeran "AVIONICS OFF" hasta que la aviónica esté realmente encendida. La UFD no tiene una página en blanco. Lamentablemente, no se pueden agregar páginas adicionales debido al cifrado de archivos. Idealmente, podría integrar los diferentes mapas en la página del mapa desde el interior de la cabina, pero nuevamente, no puedo agregar páginas adicionales.

Descubrí que el logotipo de Raptor en las páginas del menú distraía un poco por la noche, aunque apenas es visible durante el día. Así que lo eliminé de todas las páginas excepto de la página de "configuración" de CFG en el PMFD.

Actualicé ambas versiones con estos cambios. Mismos enlaces. Simplemente vuelva a descargar.

Un solo jugador:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0iahwuoozbqk5t/F-22A Single Player.7z? dl = 0

Multi jugador:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47d2gu21874torf/F-22A Multi Player.7z? dl = 0

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

Edited by sanc2775

21 minutes ago, sanc2775 said:

Hello, very impressive and I love this mod but now when I try to put these new files every time I try to load the weapons the game takes me out. What am I doing wrong? since I have followed the instructions I only put the file of a single player something else that I do not know? Thank you!!!

If you're having issues with the single player version of the mod crashing, please try the new version I just uploaded.

I replaced the weapons.lua file with the stock mod version only edited to rename the AIM-9XX to AIM-9X3 and the GUI icon files for the weapons loadout screen were also renamed to the original versions.

The missiles will operate exactly like an AIM-9X and an AIM-120C without drag to simulate internal carry but will have the new textures and name.

@sanc2775 Please let me know if this resolves the issue.   Thanks!

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sanc2775 said:

No unfortunately it doesn,t work.

@sanc2775Can you read in your log file and see why it's crashing?  You can search for F-22A.lua (There are two used, the main and the unitpayloads one) or weapons.lua.

With the use of the stock weapons.lua I can't see why it would be crashing.  At worst, the AIM-120D wouldn't have any textures applied.  So I don't know that the modified weapons.lua was a problem at all.

I need to see your log file.  Can you upload it here?  It's located in your DCS Saved games folder under Logs\dcs.log.  Make sure it's one from right after the crash.

Thanks,

Can anyone else confirm that the single and/or multi versions are working?  And if so, what version?  And if not, where is it crashing?  At start?  When you try to load weapons?  Thanks.

Edited by Nightstorm

I've made some minor changes to the fuel pages and UFD fuel displays.  They didn't match each other and I thought they should be consistent.  So both displays now use a five digit readout for total and external fuel quantities and the external is displayed in white.

As most would know the default fuel usage is external first when tanks are present.  The fuel % bar on the UFD only shows the internal fuel.  The external fuel is only displayed as the numerical readout.  That fuel % bar will not start to decrease at all until the external fuel is exhausted.  On the main fuel pages, I changed those readouts to five digits as well and added a couple of text strings on the left side to indicate that fuel select is normal/external.  That can't be changed that I know of, but it explains what happens when tanks are present with fuel in them.

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

• Thanks 1

Updates for today don't require pictures yet.  However, with the assistance of Nero and Grinnelli over on the DCS Modding Hub Discord I've added some code to the map page that determines what map your on and sets the map accordingly.  Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf or Syria.

I haven't found a solution as yet for the night mode issues that affect both the map page and the ICP page.  So...I did the same thing I've done for the ICP and created a night friendly map page (with the map off) and added a day and night folder here:  .\Mods\aircraft\F-22A\Cockpit\Scripts\PMFD_CENTER.  Just copy whichever one you want into that folder.

If you leave it on day and fly at night, the ICP displays will be bright and map won't be useable but it won't hurt anything.

I'll continue to see what else I can do to improve functionality.  More to come.

Updated the same links with the new versions:

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Texac Beautiful looking!  Go ahead and steal the show 😉

And just to be clear, I'm just making changes to the main mod by Grinnelli and team 😄

I think most know that, but for the new folks that may come across this, the main mod link is on the first page of this thread and I wasn't involved.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

Some minor updates today;

Adjusted the "Map OFF" code to use the same OFF graphic as the other MFD's and added the MAP code above it so that it reads "MAP OFF" in night mode.  (Still required a manual copy of the files as mentioned above.)  Adjusted the SFM page spacing to even it out.  (My OCD requires symmetry wherever possible.)

I enabled the three bottom SMFD button on each side.  Currently they only swap the SMFD's left/right like the top swap button does.  However they may do something more down the road.  Adjusted the keyboard and joystick input files to support them.

47.jpg

48.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Based on a few other cockpit screenshots, I've made some changes to some button labels and added some to the top row of the PMFD.  I changed the canopy unlock to red and bingo fuel to fuel low.  I also set COMM 2 to show a VHF freq as it makes more sense to me to have UHF/VHF radios for COMM 1/2.  The cockpit picture isn't great but I could make out that it says FUEL LOW in yellow and CANOPY UNLOCK in red.  

I also added some "hash" marks to the ADI indicator so that it can also serve as a bank indicator.  The marks are in 15 degree increments from level 0 to 90 degrees of bank.

F22Cockpit.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm calling the textures final now. Here is a list of what changed or got improved compared to the default textures.

- New RoughMet textures

- Added RAM coating effect

- Matt panels, nose cone and airframe surface edges

- Engine air intakes cast more shadows

- Added wavy bumps in front of the intake overpressure doors

- Overall normal map strength reduced

- Reworked engine nozzles with more details and dirt

- New engine fan textures

- New colors 

- Reworked exhaust ducts

- New landing gear wheel textures

- Lightning protectors on the nose cone reworked with normal maps

- Reworked canopy glass material

- Details to the canopy frame

- Added multiple helmet visors (black, blue, orange)

- New rivets

- Improved navigation lights

- Fixed black gap lines between the texture parts

- Adjusted HUD glass

- Added HUD projector into the cockpit

Some screenshots to top it off.

mnf64BR.png

hBaCr6h.png

VfP4tLX.pngMehGQ5A.pngPl6TJkU.pngLsF5Zpj.png

• Like 3

Alright, I'm sorry if this question has been answered or if the answer is painfully obvious, but I was wondering if those new textures are already included in the mod (I just installed it, they don't seem to be there but I'm asking anyway) or when they will be included in the mod, because they look absolutely stunning and I need them.

Gib.

• Like 1