F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

43 minutes ago, RaptorFighter said:

No. Works. Perhaps you have a conflict with the files A2A_Missiles.lua or A2G_Bombs.lua

Ok, could you pleas explain better, is there a workaround I can apply, maybe I missed something? Please notice I am using the latest single player version you posted. Thanks

1 hour ago, Fab8ball said:

Ok, could you pleas explain better, is there a workaround I can apply, maybe I missed something? Please notice I am using the latest single player version you posted. Thanks

Try to commenting out the lines in the entry.lua file one by one:

dofile(current_mod_path.."/A2A_Missiles.lua")    --NIGHTSTORM 
dofile(current_mod_path..'/A2G_Bombs.lua')       --NIGHTSTORM Added here for F-22A A2G capability.

And alternately start the game with the mod. To begin with, this will allow you to understand in which of these files you have a conflict.

Безымянный.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RaptorFighter said:

Try to commenting out the lines in the entry.lua file one by one:

dofile(current_mod_path.."/A2A_Missiles.lua")    --NIGHTSTORM 
dofile(current_mod_path..'/A2G_Bombs.lua')       --NIGHTSTORM Added here for F-22A A2G capability.

And alternately start the game with the mod. To begin with, this will allow you to understand in which of these files you have a conflict.

Безымянный.jpg

nope - I've commented out both lines but the game crashes anyways - please notice in the mission editor I cannot see the plane in the loadout window, see attachment

DCS.openbeta 02_12_2022 16_20_27.png

4 hours ago, Fab8ball said:

nope - I've commented out both lines but the game crashes anyways - please notice in the mission editor I cannot see the plane in the loadout window, see attachment

DCS.openbeta 02_12_2022 16_20_27.png

Send me a screenshot of the contents of the Shapes folder too. You can in a personal, so as not to litter the branch.

Безымянный.jpg

Edited by RaptorFighter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

Can you send me a screenshot inside the cockpit?

I can't, DCS crashes when I try to start the mission

3 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

Send me a screenshot of the contents of the Shapes folder too. You can in a personal, so as not to litter the branch.

Безымянный.jpg

PM sent, thanks

7 hours ago, Fab8ball said:

I can't, DCS crashes when I try to start the mission

PM sent, thanks

Please note that the issue is due to an incorrect installation of the upgrade released by Nightstorm for the main mod by GrinnelliDesigns. You were not supposed to replace folders, but go into each folder and already in these folders replace and supplement file by file. The reason for the lack of necessary files in the Shapes folder is precisely the replacement of the folder, and not the files inside it.

Edited by RaptorFighter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2022 at 10:14 PM, Arkid77 said:

Hi, this mod is awesome but I have 1 problem with it. In the Single player version, all of my DCS module's/aircraft's, besides the A-10, cannon/gun has this mod's cannon fire sound effect. Also I don't know is this is a issue but I seems to black about/pass out much more easily when dogfighting with this mod compared to the original mod.

The reason for this is that several aircraft use a common sound effect for guns and engines.  If you look in the F-22A mod folder, you'll find this path with four sound files in located in it:

.\F-22A Single Player\Sounds\Effects\Weapons\Automatic 

Those are the sound effects you're talking about.  In your saved games directory the path would just be:  \Sounds\Effects\Weapons\Automatic.  If you delete those four files from your saved games you'll have the original sound back, but the F22 will also use that sound.

As to the blackout issue, I've adjusted the performance and engine output to be as close as possible to the public figures released for the F22.  The orignal mod's values were adjusted to balance the F22 for mulit-player.  I wanted it to be as accurate as possible, so the G onset is more sudden with the single player version depending on your speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SilentSparrow said:

@Nightstorm The real F-22 now has a Link 16 datalink and a Scorpion HMD. Do you plan on adding these features to your F-22 or are there technical difficulties to it?

That's cool to hear that the F22 is getting these long overdue upgrades. 

I want to reiterate that the F22 mod is not my mod.  It's a mod by Grinnelli Designs that I have made modifications to and added to.  Despite my best efforts to make that clear, I still get accused of stealing the F22 mod.  In fact, I was recently banned from the F22 Discord for speaking out in my own defense when I was very recently accused yet again, by one of the team members of stealing and repackaging the mod.   You may not have meant to suggest it was "my" mod but all of this has made me extra cautious.

I still enjoy flying the F22 and will do what I can to maintain compatibility with DCS should something break it.  However, with all the drama that surrounds this I don't plan to spend much effort on any significant changes even if they were possible.  Considering that I just wanted to share my changes with the community, and have nothing to gain from it, the stress just isn't worth it. 

Additionally, the F22 mod is based on the F15C avionics.  The F15C doesn't have an HMD or Link16 in DCS.  I don't know of a way to integrate those features even if all of the F22 mod systems files were open, but they are not.  Many of the systems files were encrypted in the original mod.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nightstorm said:

That's cool to hear that the F22 is getting these long overdue upgrades. 

I want to reiterate that the F22 mod is not my mod.  It's a mod by Grinnelli Designs that I have made modifications to and added to.  Despite my best efforts to make that clear, I still get accused of stealing the F22 mod.  In fact, I was recently banned from the F22 Discord for speaking out in my own defense when I was very recently accused yet again, by one of the team members of stealing and repackaging the mod.   You may not have meant to suggest it was "my" mod but all of this has made me extra cautious.

I still enjoy flying the F22 and will do what I can to maintain compatibility with DCS should something break it.  However, with all the drama that surrounds this I don't plan to spend much effort on any significant changes even if they were possible.  Considering that I just wanted to share my changes with the community, and have nothing to gain from it, the stress just isn't worth it. 

Additionally, the F22 mod is based on the F15C avionics.  The F15C doesn't have an HMD or Link16 in DCS.  I don't know of a way to integrate those features even if all of the F22 mod systems files were open, but they are not.  Many of the systems files were encrypted in the original mod.

Don't worry, I was not suggesting that your F-22 was stolen. It was borrowed with permission to make a few changes to make it more realistic. Also, yes, I know they are based on F-15 avionics, it's sad to hear that you can't add those IRL features. I think that TVC is also not implemented in the F-22. Could there be a way for you to implement it?

image.png

There are also these new underwing pods that each hold 1 AIM-120 AMRAAM. Is there a way to integrate this on the external pylon that the DCS F-22 has?

Edited by SilentSparrow

22 hours ago, SilentSparrow said:

Don't worry, I was not suggesting that your F-22 was stolen. It was borrowed with permission to make a few changes to make it more realistic. Also, yes, I know they are based on F-15 avionics, it's sad to hear that you can't add those IRL features. I think that TVC is also not implemented in the F-22. Could there be a way for you to implement it?

image.png

There are also these new underwing pods that each hold 1 AIM-120 AMRAAM. Is there a way to integrate this on the external pylon that the DCS F-22 has?

Thrust vectoring would require an EFM with a compiled DLL.  I'm not entirely sure that it could be accomplished with the systems LUA files being encrypted.  I suspect you'd need access to at least a few of them.  Those pods are cool.  It might be possible to implement those in similar way to the recent AIM-152 mod did.  Using AIM-120's as the ammunition to come out of them.  Someone would need to model and texture the pods, but I think I could implement them.

On 12/12/2022 at 9:43 AM, RotoFly said:

Hope you don't mind, I'm just enjoying this shape, so what do you think in terms of shape, it's not far from f22 at the  same plane

thank you

by 3d max  import  export.EDM😍

roto.jpg

It's nice. Also, @Nightstorm will you make a new F-22 EFM to replace Grinnelli's? His doesn't have TVC, and we are all baffled at why he hasn't released his TVC-equipped one yet.

21 hours ago, SilentSparrow said:

It's nice. Also, @Nightstorm will you make a new F-22 EFM to replace Grinnelli's? His doesn't have TVC, and we are all baffled at why he hasn't released his TVC-equipped one yet.

You ask the question like it's the simplest of things.  From what I understand, EFM's are extremely complex and take a lot of time to develop.  And as I stated previously, I'm fairly sure you would need access to the existing F22 mod's systems files which are encrypted.  That means we don't have access to them.  FCS.lua, Avionics.lua (Maybe) Engine_System.lua, those are all encrypted.

Some folks have made EFM.dll's for other mods but they were the developers of those mods.  Unless someone knows of a way, I don't expect we're going to get thrust vectoring for the F22 unless Grinnelli sees fit to release the version he made.  And if someone with that knowledge wants to take a crack at it, I'd love to test it out myself.

1 hour ago, Nightstorm said:

You ask the question like it's the simplest of things.  From what I understand, EFM's are extremely complex and take a lot of time to develop.  And as I stated previously, I'm fairly sure you would need access to the existing F22 mod's systems files which are encrypted.  That means we don't have access to them.  FCS.lua, Avionics.lua (Maybe) Engine_System.lua, those are all encrypted.

Some folks have made EFM.dll's for other mods but they were the developers of those mods.  Unless someone knows of a way, I don't expect we're going to get thrust vectoring for the F22 unless Grinnelli sees fit to release the version he made.  And if someone with that knowledge wants to take a crack at it, I'd love to test it out myself.

Got it. I think Grinnelli thinks the F-22 with TVC would be too OP in DCS, so didn't release it. I'd love to have a Thrust Vectoring F-22 in-game for everyone, even those not named Growling Sidewinder.

hi nightstrom,

i am having an issue with A2A_Missiles.lau as below:

1294:     ret.Weight = lau115_weight + lau127_weight * 2 + var_mass * sz

ERROR: Mods/aircraft/F-22A/A2A_Missiles.lua"]:1294: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'lau127_weight' (a nil value).

these vars are not initialized as local or global as far i find.

its crashing while starting the mission.

please advise.

thanks.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:02 PM, gman066 said:

hi nightstrom,

i am having an issue with A2A_Missiles.lau as below:

1294:     ret.Weight = lau115_weight + lau127_weight * 2 + var_mass * sz

ERROR: Mods/aircraft/F-22A/A2A_Missiles.lua"]:1294: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'lau127_weight' (a nil value).

these vars are not initialized as local or global as far i find.

its crashing while starting the mission.

please advise.

thanks.

This could be caused by two versions of that file being in place.  This is the type of crash I talk about on the first post if you're wanting to use the external hard points or CATM mod.  The path shows the one crashing is located in your saved games file. "Mods/aircraft/F-22A/A2A_Missiles.lua".  Relocate that A2A_Missiles.lua to your main install folder here:  .\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\AircraftWeaponPack\A2A_Missiles.lua and test please.  If you already have one there, that's definitely the problem.  It can't have two copies.  They should have the same time stamp.  Use the one in the Main Install folder.

Worst case:  You can edit the LUA file and remove everything below this line:  --*********************************************************CATM-9M/CATM-9X/AIM-9X-2/AIM-9X-3 External***********************************************************************

You won't be able to use external missiles on the wing pylons but that's where the reference is that's giving you the error message.

Let me know, thanks.

From the first post:

Single player external stores changes.  This requires changes to one main install folder but allows missiles on wing pylons.  USE THIS IF YOU ALSO HAVE THE CFT MOD OR THE CATM WEAPONS MOD INSTALLED.  There is a common file A2A_Missiles.lua that you can't have two copies of.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zia323bvadtkznl/F-22A External Weapons.7z?dl=0

I updated that mod/patch for compatibility with DCS 2.8.1.34437 as of 12/16/22.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 8:13 AM, Nightstorm said:

This could be caused by two versions of that file being in place.  This is the type of crash I talk about on the first post if you're wanting to use the external hard points or CATM mod.  The path shows the one crashing is located in your saved games file. "Mods/aircraft/F-22A/A2A_Missiles.lua".  Relocate that A2A_Missiles.lua to your main install folder here:  .\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\AircraftWeaponPack\A2A_Missiles.lua and test please.  If you already have one there, that's definitely the problem.  It can't have two copies.  They should have the same time stamp.  Use the one in the Main Install folder.

Worst case:  You can edit the LUA file and remove everything below this line:  --*********************************************************CATM-9M/CATM-9X/AIM-9X-2/AIM-9X-3 External***********************************************************************

You won't be able to use external missiles on the wing pylons but that's where the reference is that's giving you the error message.

Let me know, thanks.

From the first post:

Single player external stores changes.  This requires changes to one main install folder but allows missiles on wing pylons.  USE THIS IF YOU ALSO HAVE THE CFT MOD OR THE CATM WEAPONS MOD INSTALLED.  There is a common file A2A_Missiles.lua that you can't have two copies of.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zia323bvadtkznl/F-22A External Weapons.7z?dl=0

I updated that mod/patch for compatibility with DCS 2.8.1.34437 as of 12/16/22.

Hi NightStorm,

thanks for support.

The "delete lines" procedure worked. 

• Thanks 1

Updated 12/19/22.  Added AIM-120D-2 AMRAAM variant to simulate ongoing development with this missile.  Slightly extended range, nothing too crazy.  Adjusted a few parameters for improved performance.

Adjusted HUD glass texture to darken the tint slightly.  Inside the HUD textures zip file is a sub-folder with different levels of tint from none to 200% of original.  The default is now 150%.

Updated the missiles parameters in the A2A_Missiles.lua as well.  All mods that contain this file were updated.

• Like 1