New AIM54 model

Skyron

hm ,

Have you tried multishoting?

Missle has strange flight path....

There is still guidance bugs. I reported about this yesterday. It's an ED thing, to an extent.

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

I found that AIM-54 is still under “Kichiku” status, especially it dropping from TWS lock randomly and "going up and down", not homing to maneuvering target correctly.

In short, it's still unreliable in BVR/Long-range Attack scenarios, only to be used as short range missile(up to 15nm).

Why does Desync matter? Is it really pooling the client of both the pilot AND Rio to find a Server Solution? Shouldn't Radar guided always be weighted fully to the RIO's Client?

I don’t know exactly how ED does it, but right now it’s a sloppy mess. I believe it should be the pilots client.

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

I just watched a tacview from GS server and saw a Phoenix doing 180° manouver chasing its target. Not judging it right or wrong but it was really hillarious :D

The meme level missile modeling will continue until morale improves. :)

I recently saw a track where a dude fired an aim-7, then pullet a 360 circle, reacqed the target and it still hit.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The meme level missile modeling will continue until morale improves. :)

I recently saw a track where a dude fired an aim-7, then pullet a 360 circle, reacqed the target and it still hit.

Did you send said track to ED instead of complaining about it here? To reiterate for the millionth time: we have no control over behaviors like that! We dislike this behavior as much as you do.

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

Did you send said track to ED instead of complaining about it here? To reiterate for the millionth time: we have no control over behaviors like that! We dislike this behavior as much as you do.

It was a vid posted on discord, I hope the guy with the actual track did. And I know you guys don't, and it wasn't a criticism of you guys, I think it was a hornet doing it (though there is still alot to do on the phoenix). Frankly ED needs to triple down on the missile modeling IMO, and then do it across the board for ALL the missiles so they are consistently modeled (i.e. not just improve the AAMRAM, or Aim7, but every Fox3, fox1, fox2), and then priorities bug fixes for anything that does come up which will IMO eliminate most of the griping. And yes, I know its alot of work, but they gotta do it if they want people to stop complaining. The complaints are 100% legit, as these are CORE problems and they are systemic. And if it means some new fancy feature for the latest module gets delayed or "clouds" or "cows" on account of that so be it.

• Like 2

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It was a vid posted on discord, I hope the guy with the actual track did. And I know you guys don't, and it wasn't a criticism of you guys, I think it was a hornet doing it (though there is still alot to do on the phoenix). Frankly ED needs to triple down on the missile modeling IMO, and then do it across the board for ALL the missiles so they are consistently modeled (i.e. not just improve the AAMRAM, or Aim7, but every Fox3, fox1, fox2), and then priorities bug fixes for anything that does come up which will IMO eliminate most of the griping. And yes, I know its alot of work, but they gotta do it if they want people to stop complaining. The complaints are 100% legit, as these are CORE problems and they are systemic. And if it means some new fancy feature for the latest module gets delayed or "clouds" or "cows" on account of that so be it.

Agreed 100%.

• Like 1

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

Agreed. I basically stopped any kind of PvP flying because of this. Missiles are broken, wonky and inconsidtent all the time. Should have stayed on the old API across the board, at least those worked.

Agreed. I basically stopped any kind of PvP flying because of this. Missiles are broken, wonky and inconsidtent all the time. Should have stayed on the old API across the board, at least those worked.

I mean the missiles need to all work, or be modeled at the same level so you have a level playing field for PvP flying. Sure missileX is gonna be better than Y or Z just like IRL, but it should be better cuz its on one API vs another or performs worse or better because one has the new aero and the other has the old one etc. Thats the frustration.

And while its a big task, just get the near-peer missiles on the same level. I.e. Aim120 and SD10 and R77 at least, and the phoneix at some point. Or all the fox1's. Or 2's.

• Like 1

I mean the missiles need to all work, or be modeled at the same level so you have a level playing field for PvP flying. Sure missileX is gonna be better than Y or Z just like IRL, but it should be better cuz its on one API vs another or performs worse or better because one has the new aero and the other has the old one etc. Thats the frustration.

And while its a big task, just get the near-peer missiles on the same level. I.e. Aim120 and SD10 and R77 at least, and the phoneix at some point. Or all the fox1's. Or 2's.

They should all be CFD'd and use the same guidence API and abide by the same physics. Like the fact that the Sparrow has been broken for longer than it worked on the Tomcat and the 54C goes for a single small bundle of chaff is just annoying at this point. Same applies to all other missiles.

• Like 1

At least things are on the move. I've been around for only 5 years (3 of actually flying), but by looking at older threads, it seams like the missile state was in a state of limbo for a long time. Possibly a decade or more. The last year was bumpy, yes, but at least it's bumpy because they are working on it. The downside is, by doing it, they appeared to have stirred the hornet's nest of some of the old competitive elite, that enjoyed the established status quo (WVR missiles, wonky guidance, simplistic tactics).

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache