HMS Invincible & HMS Illustrious V1.3 Mod UPDATE 19/01/2021

1 hour ago, VFGiPJP said:

Yup. But I still it is a little bug which can be fixed.

Agreed, but it sounds like you have a temporary workaround.

• Thanks 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Thanks, I really love all these ships.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Same issue exists with the broken spawn position.

The hot start locations in single player are inside the ski ramp and this location is also used when other planes are on the deck. This makes this mod unreliable for usage. Given its so damn good, it would be great if the spawn issue could be fixed.

Many thanks.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

11 hours ago, Pikey said:

Same issue exists with the broken spawn position.

The hot start locations in single player are inside the ski ramp and this location is also used when other planes are on the deck. This makes this mod unreliable for usage. Given its so damn good, it would be great if the spawn issue could be fixed.

Many thanks.

It's been many months since I last used DCS so all this has been without an update. Tried spawning on carrier and had no issue though. Maybe some other lua interfeering and causing problems ? will have a check if i can find the original file however since razbam is preparing to release the invincible as a free assect pack by the end of the month , unless it is something easy to fix , I propably wont update it and just wait for Razbam. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2022 at 10:04 PM, T-Pap said:

It's been many months since I last used DCS so all this has been without an update. Tried spawning on carrier and had no issue though. Maybe some other lua interfeering and causing problems ? will have a check if i can find the original file however since razbam is preparing to release the invincible as a free assect pack by the end of the month , unless it is something easy to fix , I propably wont update it and just wait for Razbam. 

Sorry to hear that, your work was exceptional. The same issues exists on Invincible and HMS Ocean you just fall off the back.

The easiest way to 100% reproduce is to take a cold start on Illustrious and then swap to a second slot on the same ship. Thereafter no matter how you spawn in, you are inside the ramp.

With Invincible, Illustrious and Ocean out of the game I guess all hope is on Razbam for a carrier, I know nothing about that. Tarawa works fine sadly.

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 1 year later...

The seacat.edm file in shapes is breaking the seacat launchers on the leander class models that come with dcs - also on hermes i believe. Picture shows whats happening. After doing several tests I found simply deleting the secat.edm file from the shapes subfolder for illustrious and invincible fixed the issue.

Screen_240331_180828.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@T-Pap are you planning on any furtther updates to illustrious / invincible. The routing seems off when flying from runway (harrier hanging over the left edge left support wheel in space) and with 4 harriers, they all seem to spawn on the same spot even if you put each on 1-4