Walmis' F-15C model is not correct for ICMS ^^

It seems that Walmis was wrong when modelling the F-15C :music_whistling:

I find that he made a mistake at the position of AN/ALQ-135 Internal Countermeasures System (ICMS) while he was corrected for AoA sensor and Pitot tube (for aircraft's velocity measurement) :D

AN/ALQ-135 ICMS on Walmis' model:

LockOn2008-05-2809-49-20-31.jpg

...and on the real F-15C:

1350986.jpg

• Like 1

There may be some mistakes with Walmis' F-15 but don't forget that his F-15 was one of the first 3D models created by end user/player of LOFC.

It's our obligation to credit all of his work and his pioneering sprit that influenced others to start upgrading this flight sim with all these beautiful mods and models!

BTW Walmis' F-15 in combination with that weathered skin from your SCShot looks really great, almost real!

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my personal stand on models is don't let the poly count limit you down that much. Of course there's a limit, but technology is only going to get better. So build it detailed now, because you don't want to look back from the future and say, damn I wished it was higher poly. Because by then, you are already past the unwrap, skinning...etc that there's no going back. I believe that's what ED is doing, look at their apache model, that's about 100K poly.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There may be some mistakes with Walmis' F-15 but don't forget that his F-15 was one of the first 3D models created by end user/player of LOFC.

It's our obligation to credit all of his work and his pioneering sprit that influenced others to start upgrading this flight sim with all these beautiful mods and models!

BTW Walmis' F-15 in combination with that weathered skin from your SCShot looks really great, almost real!

I totally agree. I think Walmis's F-15 is just awesome.

I don't think any model can withstand the magnifying glass criticism's... bottom line is that no one really needs to model another Eagle becasue the new one by Walmis is that good. However if someone wants to take a model to another level of detail then I'm all for that too :thumbup: .. Just remember when you're looking under the hood for misplaced rivets that some of us are still living with the default Sukhoi's :( / ;) .

my personal stand on models is don't let the poly count limit you down that much. Of course there's a limit, but technology is only going to get better. So build it detailed now, because you don't want to look back from the future and say, damn I wished it was higher poly. Because by then, you are already past the unwrap, skinning...etc that there's no going back. I believe that's what ED is doing, look at their apache model, that's about 100K poly.

Absolutely right.

We're going to be flying Lockon for the next 5 years, at least, before DCS release a fighter module and by then we're, most likely, going to complain that the Black Shark model isn't detailed enough ;) .

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

well walmis f-15 is not bad, i just know the eagle very very good, and everytime i look at walmis modell or screens of it i see all the shape mistakes. sevear is the nose, but also the gun area etc etc, there are so many mistakes, thats why i decided to remodel the "ALBINO"

I have no doubt that you're going to produce an amazing model of the F15 and I also have no doubt that someone will find some small detail that's not absolutely right and basically declare it unflyable. That's really the gist of my post, that I think we are sometimes far too demanding of modders like yourself and we look at the inconsistencies rather than the over all model.

When I look at Walmis's F15 I see a highly detailed model that we're luckily to have and to read some of the posts lately suggests that some see his efforts as something to just begrudgingly live with until something better comes along which, IMO, is just the attitude of a spoiled brat. I think constructive criticism is a great thing but I've seen it turn into complaints far too often on these boards which shows no respect for the time and effort others have made to improve our simming experience.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

^^^^ Agree. If something so subtle and minor in detail ruins it for you, well then perhaps you should talke a good long look at what the F-15 looked like before the Walmis Model. I am so grateful that we now have both the Walmis F-15 model and the New SimMod teams A-10. Outstanding work. These new models and skins make the immersion factor much greater for all IMHO. Big thanks to all involved in both of those projects. Good work!

Out

• Like 1

For what it counts,Walmis, I think you did a amazing job and hope to see further work by you. Good luck in your next project what ever that may be.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

hey SKF

thanks for posting.

the airshow was ok, but i think next year i will travel to england to watch the international royal air tattoo.

the german government was not so pleasent to the people who went to the ILA at the 1st of june, but well i nearly got all the pictures i wanted to get.

and the best is, i have had some walk arounds, also the eagle ;-)

i saw somw details on the jet you will not obviously see on fotos, but now i see the details that were not obvious

no worry,

walmies model is nice but i do not like it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree with you..

Walmis is the pioneer of modding community..

He should be credited when ever subject comes up..

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

well i do not want to jump to far ahead what concearns the new f-15, but it is getting further and further.

wings are done.

i m working on the cockpit still now, cause there are many many details that i have to take a look at.

i will post some new pictures when i have solved a few problems that occured right now with some ugly edges

greets boom boom