F16 and aim120c. unable to get hits anymore in multiplayer.

DoctorVixen

Hereby the tacview file. all missiles are fired in range. first 2 or 3 don't track. one start tracking an ally for no reason (missiles all fired in slave tws), but fortunately misses. i need to get in gun range before my missiles work. This happens the entire time. all my missiles do weird stuff, i am 100% sure this is not how the real missiles work. this is not a good similation of how the missiles work. i know pre-patch the aims have problems too but it wasn't this bad. plz rollback the work done on the aim120c so we can get half decent missiles until the problems are fixed. i have the track files but they are 90 mb and from a multiplayer server. i can add screenshots of the missiles fired if needed. 

i've been looking at my track files, and i notice in the replay there is not the lock i been getting when i play. i just see myself firing aims without a lock, in reality i did get a lock obviously. i have about 100 ms lag on the growling sidewinder server.

But i may assume the server handles the missile not the client so lag should be a real issue. at least not for missiles.

buggedaim120.zip.acmi

I checked offline mode, and i have no issues with the aim120 whatsoever. 

It only seems to happen in multiplayer where it feels something is not right.

Evading missiles seems much simpler too.

The track file is missing because it's a multiplayer .trck file. 

I know we are expected to post a track file.

But I can't because it's too large.

I could post it via 3rd party but the track file is not how things went down.

Do not expect me to first have to buy the software and then spend hours on reproducing bugs and make that fit in a 5 min trck file, that often is corrupt anyway.

I like DCS but not that much.

I just hope it's either not a bug or it's get fixed, that's about it.

Edited by DoctorVixen

You want to think about the shots you take, regardless of any bugs with the 120.

Right before the first launch the Hornet is notching and close to the ground to hide in ground clutter. In this kind of situation you have to expect to loose lock, meaning your 120 won't get mid-course updates and miss. It's one of the worst shots you can take at this kind of range.

Missile #4 had me crying. The friendly Viper turned in to face the Hornet in a dogfight. This should have been clearly visible on the FCR and HSD (assuming datalink on and proper alignment, as it should be) and you shoot an active radar missile in that direction anyways. The missile tracks the Viper instead but luckily has to make a sharp turn, otherwise it might have been a teamkill. Please avoid doing that in the future.

• ED Team

Make sure you are supporting your missiles until they go active.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've shot a lot of 120Cs since the last update, and have been most satisfied with their kinnematics, guidance, and overall Pk. Pk is better than .8 against bandits that don't kinnematically defeat the missile.

Remember, the enemy gets a vote, and you should be using these missiles to present the enemy a choice: they enter the area you are defending and probably die, or they stay out of the area you are defending and live. If your goal is to just shoot down bandits, you will be disappointed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

1 hour ago, TheBigTatanka said:

I've shot a lot of 120Cs since the last update, and have been most satisfied with their kinnematics, guidance, and overall Pk. Pk is better than .8 against bandits that don't kinnematically defeat the missile.

Remember, the enemy gets a vote, and you should be using these missiles to present the enemy a choice: they enter the area you are defending and probably die, or they stay out of the area you are defending and live. If your goal is to just shoot down bandits, you will be disappointed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

+1 agree

Have you checked if the server you are playing on is maybe intentionally messing with the AIM's failure probability? The guys at Just Dogfight use this to make sure people do not use BVR weapons for example (https://justdogfight.com/map/)

It's the server by glowing amraam, do you know how i can check?