Help!! Unable to increase power on Thrustmaster WH throttle without going fully to afterburner

Ive had the TM WH  throttle with AB detention installed for past 8 months. I am unable to increase throttle in air past 70% unless I go in full AB first on the F-18. Ive researched the DCS forums, tried recommended  curve settings,axis controls and slider,  adjust control options, installed de installed the TARGET Software. Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated. I do understand the ground and air idle set up for the F-18.

Thanks!

On 12/31/2020 at 2:44 PM, Jvector70 said:

Ive had the TM WH  throttle with AB detention installed for past 8 months. I am unable to increase throttle in air past 70% unless I go in full AB first on the F-18. Ive researched the DCS forums, tried recommended  curve settings,axis controls and slider,  adjust control options, installed de installed the TARGET Software. Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated. I do understand the ground and air idle set up for the F-18.

Thanks!

Did you sort out your issue with the throttle percentages or still experiencing it?

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The issue doesn't make much sense as described. You can't go 'full afterburner' (or any afterburner) without being able to select 100% dry thrust.

Presumably 70% refers to the physical throttle position? Is it a case of the warthog detent not matching the afterburner position in-sim?

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

I’m still having the issue.  Ive checked all my Axis bindings to ensure  no duplication/conflict. Using Sim mode and checked to make sure no conflicts with game mode. 

I’m unable to increase my throttle  power unless I advance all the way past the afterburner detention.  I am able to increase the throttle in increments with the keyboard.  Throttle is a TMWH with the detention from shapeway. Ive removed the TM target software and have recalibrate the joystick in Windows.  Sorry, I’m still a NOOB and am struggling with this one

On 1/17/2021 at 8:31 AM, Jvector70 said:

I’m still having the issue.  Ive checked all my Axis bindings to ensure  no duplication/conflict. Using Sim mode and checked to make sure no conflicts with game mode. 

I’m unable to increase my throttle  power unless I advance all the way past the afterburner detention.  I am able to increase the throttle in increments with the keyboard.  Throttle is a TMWH with the detention from shapeway. Ive removed the TM target software and have recalibrate the joystick in Windows.  Sorry, I’m still a NOOB and am struggling with this one

Is it possible that you have installed the AB detent incorrectly (180*) ?

Have you removed the AB detent and checked the throttle percentage movement without it - if simply to verify full movement / tracking of input?

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

6 hours ago, SlimShady said:

Hello, Having the exact same Problem. Go full throttle and can't maintain Flight, Keeps saying check Landing gear when there retracted, Have cleared all settings and reset them, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the same results.

What is your takeoff weight?

Carrier or airfield?

STAB setting is what?

Speed brake extended or retracted?

Flaps settings?

Game mode enabled or disabled?

Cheers,

Ziptie

Have you tried re-calibrating the axes in Windows Control Panel?

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 8:38 AM, SlimShady said:

Hello, Having the exact same Problem. Go full throttle and can't maintain Flight, Keeps saying check Landing gear when there retracted, Have cleared all settings and reset them, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the same results.

Im having this issue also I have to fight FIGHT to stay in flight.  Nothing i do besides going into full afterburn with trim all the way to 23 and still pulling back on the stick just to stay level flight
I have taken off in this mission im doing 15 times or so with ZERO issues . Even if i setup trim all wrong i can still get out and get to level flight. There is something wrong after that last update this happens no matter what I do

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.01.29 - 14.49.07.38.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.01.28 - 21.44.19.33.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.01.28 - 21.25.00.40.png

49 minutes ago, Rooster7755 said:

Im having this issue also I have to fight FIGHT to stay in flight.  Nothing i do besides going into full afterburn with trim all the way to 23 and still pulling back on the stick just to stay level flight
I have taken off in this mission im doing 15 times or so with ZERO issues . Even if i setup trim all wrong i can still get out and get to level flight. There is something wrong after that last update this happens no matter what I do

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.01.29 - 14.49.07.38.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.01.28 - 21.44.19.33.png

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.01.28 - 21.25.00.40.png

Your flaps are down (full).

This is indicated by "FLAPS" in yellow to the left of the IFEI, the RUD both 30* "in" on the FCS (and visually with your MK I eyeballs outside the cockpit.

Try setting the flaps to AUTO after you are off the deck, I typically put the gear up and then toggle the flaps in one movement of the hand.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

1 hour ago, Ziptie said:

Your flaps are down (full).

This is indicated by "FLAPS" in yellow to the left of the IFEI, the RUD both 30* "in" on the FCS (and visually with your MK I eyeballs outside the cockpit.

Try setting the flaps to AUTO after you are off the deck, I typically put the gear up and then toggle the flaps in one movement of the hand.

Cheers,

Ziptie

I did that I haave tested this many many times with diff settings and it still pulls down. This isnt an issue of not setting up correctly

2 hours ago, Rooster7755 said:

I did that I haave tested this many many times with diff settings and it still pulls down. This isnt an issue of not setting up correctly

Oh, ok - I was just going off the pictures you included (both in which the FLAPS were in FULL).

Really not sure what it could be - I use the TMWH and have zero issues with it (for any aircraft).

I've taken off from the carrier and from air bases (as recent as yesterday) - no issue whatsoever.  Possible that a double bind in the general "tab" has occurred with the last update and causing a ghost double bind that isn't super obvious?

General=>Axis=> check throttle axis bind.  Clear it (if one is present).  Try again.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

5 minutes ago, Rooster7755 said:

hmm ill check that out. I mean My throttle should be  because I can see the massive jets from full afterburn

Weirder things have happened in DCS.......  I promise.

Honestly though, I really think it's flaps related sir/ma'am.  I just tested it, and when I have FLAPS FULL (on launch and during flight) - I experience the same issue you describe.  Also, in the photo you report that everything is "fine" - the flaps are at HALF rather than FULL.  Honestly, the flaps should only be in FULL upon landing, not even in take off, and as soon as you clear the deck on launch from the carrier - you should move the gear lever up and then immediately move the flaps to AUTO (or once you've got positive rate from an airbase runway and move the gear lever up).

Try that if the key bind check doesn't produce any result(s).

Again, I launched with FLAPS in FULL and left them there - I experienced the exact same thing as you report (which would be expected).

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

13 hours ago, Rooster7755 said:

Setting flaps to half did not help in anyway. I also tried a different campaign and there was no issue at all taking off.

Sounds like an error with that particular mission/campaign.  Which one is it?

Cheers,

Ziptie

21 hours ago, Rooster7755 said:

mission 8 the one where you fight the fast movers

Copy, hopefully I will get time to try it next week.

Cheers,

Ziptie

On 1/17/2021 at 5:31 PM, Jvector70 said:

Have you ever tried to put the Controls indicator on screen to see if and how the in game controls (in your case the throttle) follow your physical controller inputs? I think it would be a good starting point...

Have you made sure the Finger Lifts Option under the Hornet options is disabled?

Tried recalibrating the Throttle (and please do NOT use windows calibration for this. This should work -> Thrustmaster Throttle Calibration tool V1.07)

Edited by Gruman

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

There is an excellent Youtube video by Overkill (Pacman on this forum) which explains how to calibrate the Warthog throttles such that the afterburners cut in exactly as you push past the detent in a particular aircraft

Takes a bit of effort and involves using the user curve sliders but well worth the effort. I've calibrated all my jets with this method.

Video below, Skip forward to the 15 minute mark and watch from there

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards