FRENCHPACK V4.9.1 Update on 27/04/2022

17 hours ago, Lt.Turbo said:

Would it be possible to release the new update with an option for each model to be its own independent mod?

The Swedish Military Assets pack uses that approach and it’s the only aspect of it that I didn’t like, as most of the time I have Mods deactivated until I want to fly a mission that uses them … having to remember which specific units are used on it is a major turn off.

It also clutters the module manager list:

HzGOnu9.jpg

17 hours ago, Lt.Turbo said:

The whole pack is quite large and I find I don't use all of the items on my increasingly full hard drive. 

I update my drive every couple if years, it’s the least expensive component  of my PC so it isn’t a great deal. 

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi All, well, my main SSD drive is very small (256 GB, 190 GB used), and I shifted all my Mods to a secondary 1TB HDD (700 GB used), which is of course much slower, but at least, I have no problems with the superb Mods from Admiral, Currenthill and Dimitriov that I use on a daily basis 👏 It takes quite a bit of time to load the game and the various terrains and missions, but, well, it's worth it, isn't it ? They are expert Modders that have tremendously expanded the versatility and playability of DCS, and they deserve respect and consideration 😃 Their hard work and sharing is absolutely amazing 👍 Many thanks to them !.....👍😃👏

hace 18 minutos, Rudel_chw dijo:

The Swedish Military Assets pack uses that approach and it’s the only aspect of it that I didn’t like, as most of the time I have Mods deactivated until I want to fly a mission that uses them … having to remember which specific units are used on it is a major turn off.

It also clutters the module manager list:

Yep, this my point too. EHMO it´s preferable to have everything ordered in a single pack like now. 

Edit Sorry dimitriov, we have posted at the same time 🙂 

Edited by Joe1978

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

It's very useful to shift large volumes of Mods, terrains, and large folders to another HDD, if you are short on your main SSD space. It can be done quite easily using the WIndows 'mklink' command, which makes the folder appear to any program as if it was in its original place, but is in fact located elsewhere. This even works without problem when you are updating DCS to a new version. I've done that many times. All my terrains, except the one I currently use, and all my 'Saved Games' Mods are thus on my secondary HDD drive, thus saving at least 200 GB on my SSD drive.... 😉 Enjoy.... 😃

1 hour ago, FST_Bearcat said:

Update 4.0 will be once again amazing !!!

Surely you mean 5.0  🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 11:50 AM, Abburo said:

Hi guys,

Currently I found the Leclerc is not drivable (other frenchpack units are... ), and script to deploy units by marker is crashing DCS to desktop. Is this something only on my side or must be consider for correction?

Thank you!

No clue works fine on our side. 

On 1/30/2023 at 6:20 PM, Chap2012 said:

@dimitriov Any chance a Caesar is coming our way in the future?

Hem I'm sorry but I only work with real factory blueprints and loads of photos. Nothing like this currently exist for caesar.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:39 PM, Shogoun said:

La bande son est tout simplement géniale. Bravo bel hommage à notre Armée 😉

C'est tout le but de ce pack, on a de quoi être fiers d'être français quand même dans ce pays dirigé par des pignoufs 😛

• Like 1

@dimitriov Thank you for reply, it just made me dig more on my side.

The only issue I am still encountering is when i am trying to build the tank brigade via F10 marker and XL command... is just crashing to desktop  with error on line 714

ReportDebug("CheckConstruction " .. error)

However, if i am just adding those 4 units by mission editor and preserving the required naming convention, they are working just fine. That would be no big deal, there are other ways to spawn those units.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

On 2/9/2023 at 6:33 AM, jetkid50 said:

Hello not sure if this is the place to ask but I am having a issue with the infantry not firing. They also don't show on the F10 when the mission is active, they only show in the mission editor. 

Hi, not the right place indeed, FrenchPack infantry is not even released yet. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, isn't there a "Roland" planned, any news?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

49 minutes ago, clanitho said:

Hello, isn't there a "Roland" planned, any news?

Hi.
Do you mean this ? one of DCS World official contents.

SAM Roland ADS

• Like 1

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Kola, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg