Rising Squall and Future Projects - A Letter from INVERTED

Hey guys,

I am FrankMT, producer of Rising Squall. We have received a lot of support and kind words in the last few days and are very glad that you are enjoying Rising Squall campaign.
I will use this thread to post info you may want to know about Rising Squall and about our future projects and plans.

Rising Squall - a bridge between arcade and realism
We wish Rising Squall can bring new players from other combat fighter genres to join the stage, taking their fighter pilot dreams to the next level, experiencing the realistic flying characteristics of the jets while having a cinematic blast as they have done in other less demanding games.
We wanted to achieve this goal of cinematic and light-weight gameplay while preserving the beauty of DCS (not all, we know). Meaning veteran players can also have a blast from its ease of access and little time consumption. We are very happy about achieving such goal with a wide range of players enjoying the campaign.
Many have finished Rising Squall and are asking "Will there be a sequel, and when?" As you may tell, it requires a lot resources (relatively) to pull through a campaign like this. We have established a world for the story and will surely expand on it. Early work on the Rising Squall sequel has been started, yet we have to see how Rising Squall performs and decide how far we can push - There still are many, many things can be improved and introduced. There is no definite time for the release of the next campaign, yet.

We have created a dedicated website for Rising Squall: rising-squall.com
We will be constantly updating things and stories on the website. We have massive scripts for the story and characters, but we want you to know the crucial parts in the form of light reading. Please check them out here before playing the campaign: https://www.rising-squall.com/story
Some of your are asking about the "tutorial campaign" we promised earlier, I will get to that at the end. In the meantime, you can check out https://www.rising-squall.com/chuck-s-guide-pages. Chuck makes one of the best guides in the community and we have benefited extensively from it, if you also find it being helpful, consider supporting him via Patreon.

We have received your feedback about the voice-overs. We know, if they speak like that in real-flight, they would be ejected out of the canopy right away. Although the style is intended, we have to admit that scripting and directing can be improved and will be improved for future projects.Due to COVID, we had to do English VOs over the internet with individual VAs without live-directing.

Now, for 2021:
We will be working on two projects on top of the constant maintenance and quality of life improvements for Rising Squall (New clouds, yeah!). Firstly, we are working on a “tutorial campaign for F/A-18C” - a series of detailed training missions that focuses on practicality and replayability, the idea is very similar to Laobi’s “1-minute DCS” series. It will be FREE for those who own Rising Squall. We will release more details about the project in Q2 2021, it will also have some “unprecedented” ideas. Secondly, we will be taking feedback and suggestions for Rising Squall and work on its sequel. Like said before, we want to push further, but that is subject to our financials and there is no particular timeline for the next campaign.

I'd like to take time to thank all of those who have helped making this project a reality, we have come far, yet still have a long way to go.
Thank the ED team, Groove, Matt, NineLine, and BIGNEWY and those behind the stage for giving us massive support for this launch.
Thank the community members and YouTubers that participated in the early tests and made gameplay videos. (Btw, Ralfi voiced for Darkstar in M09, amazing work by him).
Thank our Chinese communities and members, JQ-12/shinelith, JQ-97/Echo, DIS-uboats, DIS-Luna, DIS-Mackurt, CHL-127 for all the technical support in the process.
Thank all the voice-actors, you guys did an amazing job! We will continue to improve future scripts and directions to show your talents better!
Thank Keiki Kobayashi and those at cakeprojects, being able to invite you onboard was a true honor for us, needless to say about the music masterpieces you guys have created.
Thank all the INVERTED Studio members that have put faith in the project and me at such an early stage.

Lastly, to all the players. Thank you for playing and making our dream come true.

Stay safe and happy Chinese New Year!

Best,
FrankMT
INVERTED Ltd.
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, FrankMT said:
Stay safe and happy Chinese New Year!

Best,
FrankMT
INVERTED Ltd.

Gong Hei Fat Choy too! @FrankMT and The Inverted Crew! Excellent work, Keep it up!

I hope I typed The Happy Chinese New Year in Mandarin (or Cantonese?) right lol

Also, Will there be a "Bones" anime art in a Chinese New Year Dress? lol

Edited by cm2

7 hours ago, cm2 said:

Gong Hei Fat Choy too! @FrankMT and The Inverted Crew! Excellent work, Keep it up!

I hope I typed The Happy Chinese New Year in Mandarin (or Cantonese?) right lol

Also, Will there be a "Bones" anime art in a Chinese New Year Dress? lol

Yes and I bet you guess that last part right. Follow our social medias and you should see it soon :D.

• Like 1

I purchased Rising Squall and am about to begin it now, it will be my very first campaign in the Hornet and I am really looking forward to it. Have spent many hours up to now trying to learn the Hornets systems and weapons, and am basically taking it to on the job training now at this point.

I figure I can learn more as I go now.

Will see how I do, should be interesting.

Also will be looking forward to the tutorial campaign.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Crap I thought I was doing good in the first mission - love the environment!

Knocked out the sams and thought I was supposed to waypoint designate waypoint three to launch my Jsows.

Guess they did not take too kindly to my destroying Babel Tower lol.

Much to learn...

Well I am just very confused. Mission tells me to waypoint target waypoint 3 but it destroys Babel Tower every time.

Granted I am just learning but don't have a clue what to do.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

23 minutes ago, Bravelink03 said:

You are doing everything right. Your target is WP 3 . you'll find out later why they destroy Babel later.

Seriously? So I am supposed to fail this mission? I have been struggling trying this all day long...

Thanks much for the heads up! Going to go do it one more time and let it be. Whew.

Edited by dburne

Don B

48 minutes ago, Bravelink03 said:

You are doing everything right. Your target is WP 3 . you'll find out later why they destroy Babel later.

👍

Whew mission 1 is all done now, thanks so much!!

Now to prep for Mission 2.

Don B

2021/2/10 AM12点08分,dburne说:

Crap I thought I was doing good in the first mission - love the environment!

Knocked out the sams and thought I was supposed to waypoint designate waypoint three to launch my Jsows.

Guess they did not take too kindly to my destroying Babel Tower lol.

Much to learn...

Well I am just very confused. Mission tells me to waypoint target waypoint 3 but it destroys Babel Tower every time.

Granted I am just learning but don't have a clue what to do.

This is the plot, that is to say, fate. lol😜

3 hours ago, JG54_NF2 said:

This is the plot, that is to say, fate. lol😜

LOL yeah, wish I had realized that a few hours earlier that day lol.

I am up to Mission 3 now, so loving this campaign so far. 

Don B

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 3:55 PM, cm2 said:

Will the sequel complete "Starry"'s story or there will be another sequel after the sequel making his story a trilogy?

Planned for a trilogy, but we first have to see ROI on Rising Squall (if sufficient to support further development, if not, we will need to figure some other ways to get enough funds first). We will need to do some heavy development in DCS in the third part for it to work. 

13 hours ago, Bravelink03 said:

Or hopefully something from "The Energy War"

If you have been readying the story comics on the website... You may even know what frame it will mainly be using...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 7:35 PM, SkyWolfPL said:

Really nice campaign, so big thank you for preparing it.

I wanted to let you know that website doesn't work https://www.rising-squall.com

Best regards,

Michal

The website has been online again this morning.

Thank you very much, Inverted Team, for the excellent campaign, I'm enjoying it very much - especially as it's a welcome diversion from the usual campaign patterns. I hope that we can see a sequel this year!

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I wanted to say a nice job to the inverted team on the Rising Squall Campaign, especially the Tutorial. I started to focus on the "realism" of DCS and only recently realized that what I really "needed" was this campaign to add some flavor to the learning process. As a new F/A-18C player (I started my focus on Warbirds), I am impressed and look forward to your future campaigns.

Nice job, and thank you,

csbeau

Win 11 64, 2 Computers: i7-13700K 64GB, RTX 4090OC 24GB VRAM (primary sim PC) & i9-13950HX 32GB, RTX  4090 12GB VRAM (work & mobile sim laptop), VR: Meta Quest Pro & Quest 3