WWII Pacific Allied Assets

Hawkeye60

WWII Pacific Allied Assets

With the Mariana Islands fast approaching,

It was high time these ships get their Shake down and sea trials, needed before engaging in Battle.

Presenting,

The Fletcher Class Expanded!

The Iowa Class Expanded!

Both models have creative commons license's

Original mod by Markindel.

Expanded version, Myself.

All are fully armed.

Tested, just now in OB, latest build.

Be aware, we have seen code changes effect the weapons.

All appear to work at present.

YMMV

Report bugs, and Praise! In this thread.

This Mod was only possible with the Kind permission of Mario to released it!

I thank him!

Masterworks on display!

He hopes you enjoy them!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/br768rr3hbn04rj/USS Fletcher Class Mariana Islands V 1.0.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/92uii7ob7cbyrpv/USS Iowa Class 3 Battleships V 2.5.6.zip?dl=0

USS-Fletcher-Class2.jpg

USS-Fletcher-Class3.jpg

USS-Fletcher-Class4.jpg

iowab.jpg

iowaA.jpg

iowac.jpg

iowa.jpg

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

@Hawkeye60I'm working on something that I'd like to use the Fletcher mod for, for public release.  I don't need to make changes to the mod itself, just include it as an in-game object for what amounts to a set of single missions.  Is this okay with you, or are you who I should ask about this?

• Like 1

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I didn't realize the Iowa got an update. Good show!

Hopefully the Iowa's cannons work correctly. I was noticing only the light AA guns seem to work in the old version in current DCS.

[EDIT]

So, had some opportunity to try these guys out.
The 37mm AA guns on the battleships don't seem to make any sound when they. The 5" DP guns don't seem to want to fire at air targets. The big 16" guns don't seem to shoot at anything.
The battleships don't have a collision mesh against torpedoes like the LTF-5b. Or anti-ship missiles. I kind of wonder if it has a collision mesh at all; weapons will pass through the ship and cause splashes, even though "hits" are registered in the mission.

I also noticed that both the battleships and the destroyers only had smoke coming out of the first stack.

Edited by Xeno426

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Baco said:

Is there any good Brooklyn class mod out there?

I got an excellent Brooklyn Class, and  a Pensacola via Hawkeye a few years ago, before the links were removed by ED. They still work in the latest beta. The models are excellent and they will set ablaze and sink but the guns don't appear to work. 

There are also some very detailed IJN cruisers destroyers and battleships out there, that work fine in DCS. 

Let's hope Hawkeye will make them available again soon

• Like 1

All will be fixed in time.

I did not think any of these mod still worked!

Good to know!

There is

MORE TO COME!

The Japanese fleet are  preparing a invasion......

• Thanks 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hawkeye, are there any plans afoot to bring a CVE into DCS World? I assume that it, being a carrier, is probably more technically challenging in terms of damage modeling, the arresting wires and catapult but just wondering. It would definitely be epic to be able to somewhat recreate the Battle of Samar with Taffy 3, albeit with only Corsairs! I have had to develop a very active immagination since coming to DCS World 👍 🤣

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have big plans for this thread!

Hawkeye, are there any plans afoot to bring a CVE into DCS World? I assume that it, being a carrier, is probably more technically challenging in terms of damage modeling, the arresting wires and catapult but just wondering. It would definitely be epic to be able to somewhat recreate the Battle of Samar with Taffy 3, albeit with only Corsairs!

I may have the Gambier Bay (CVE-73) somewhere.....

But I need to see where it came from first.

The other ships are a no go.

No models free, found.  Yet.......

I DO have other CVE ships. But all need re-testing, and permission checking.

And other carriers!

The Essex, Langley ,   Lexington, and Hornet.

These need to be finished, but are free to use and release.

It all takes gobs of time.

But the pacific is fast approaching......

Working as hard as I can......

Stay tuned.....

As a side note, I am open to making donated, legal models, into Mods.

PM me if you have something to share.

Cheers!

"Don't worry........Be Happy"

Now get THAT song out of your head.....🤣

• Like 2

Thanks for the quick response Hawkeye! Not only do I NOT have any models to share, I wouldn't have the slightest clue where to even look for one. However, I would appreciate a PM from you if you find something worth modding for DCS, as I DO have some disposable cash that I would be glad to contribute for the cause. 👍

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It seems that the Iowas don't have a collision model.  They aren't landable and missiles go right through them.  Any fix?

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat

I just checked this, you are correct.

The incorrect Iowa collision file was used.

Copy this file below into the Iowa shapes folder and allow over write.

Let me know.

I also tested the Cassin Young's AA ability.

She fires at aircraft just fine.

If other do not, A fix will be done.

Thanks for the heads up!

Iowa_Collision.zip

• Thanks 1

Screen_210406_131543.png

This is more like it.  Although the Tirpitz handily sinks an Iowa, which shouldn't happen.

Screen_210406_131558.png

They do look like World of Warships models, but I'm not sure that the Iowa in World of Warships has the barrel shrouds that this has.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe I missed a step somewhere, but the Iowa class mod is not available to the ME unless you turn *off* the historical filter. I was trying to add an Iowa class to a Channel map scenario. Set my date for March 1945, classic WWII coalitions, Country USA, Ship Category All. With the filter on, all that is available for ships is the Sam Chase. the LST, and the LCVP Higgins. TUrn the filter off, and everything becomes available. That seems backwards.

Edit: Latest OB 56590, Reshade active but no other Core mods.

Edited by VeeSPIKE
Adding version info