A-29 Super Tucano

On 2/25/2024 at 12:18 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Its probably the same bug that happened with the Military Aircrafts Mod: "the alpha channel of almost all .dds files was set to 0 (0% opacity), just changed it to 1 and added MipMaps while exporting."

Unfortunately you do need to know your way with DDS graphic files in order to do the fix  😞

Can confirm, that's 100% the issue. We edited the liveries to set the alpha to 1 and it fixed the issue. If you get a weird issue where the darkened side (facing away from a light source) gets black super fast, that's just the roughmet having the same bug.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FTNja5nL0ciM7uIc13ZNMsc-5L-wAjv9&usp=drive_fs

That's a link to a bunch of fixed livery files. Hopefully the creators will fix them up later.

6 hours ago, Gianky said:

Hey there!

Sorry for asking something that's surely been answered a lot of times, but.. it's this aircraft flyable from both seats? Can it be used for training of new pilots?

Second seat does not work.

On 2/24/2024 at 9:06 AM, ANDR0ID said:

For those interested in some additional guided weapon options for the A-29, I have added a weapons pack to DCS User Files: 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3335898/

Includes (custom) APKWS, Hellfire, and Mavericks. 

Very nice, thanks. You can probably expand this to include more rocket pod options. I went and added all LAU-68 and LAU-3 variants, plus added in all the Matra F4 pods as stand-ins for the SBAT-70 pods.

I tried adding gun pods, but those don't work. Sad.

I can share if with you if you want to include it with yours in an update.

• Like 3

More weapons could certainly be added, but my focus was on a limited section of what could be added that wasn't already present in some form... although the AGM-65 photo I have might actually be an AT-6 Wolverine? 

What gun pods did you try to add, but didn't work? 

38 minutes ago, Xeno426 said:

That's a link to a bunch of fixed livery files.

When i click on the link, I get the error "file is in owner trash"  😞 please, can you check it?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, ANDR0ID said:

More weapons could certainly be added, but my focus was on a limited section of what could be added that wasn't already present in some form... although the AGM-65 photo I have might actually be an AT-6 Wolverine? 

What gun pods did you try to add, but didn't work? 

I tried the HIPEG (from A-4C mod), GIAT M261, and FN 400 (last two from the Gazelle). I even created a Giat NC 261 pod (using the AKAN model). The issue is that the guns cannot be selected. There's no code for changing guns in the GUNS weapon mode. Best I can think of is to add them to the rocket code like you did the AGM-65 and APKWS.

I added various rockets because we've been using aircraft like this and the OV-10 over in some AirGoon missions where there's incentive to use simpler, older aircraft and munitions to do the job (it's a mercenaries campaign, smart weapons are expensive). Stuff like different smoke rockets are very useful, as are illumination rockets.

Oh, and I changed the AGM-65E reference to {F16A4DE0-116C-4A71-97F0-2CF85B0313EC}, since that one includes the launch rail. Did the same to the AIM-9 entries, so they're on the proper launch rail as well.

EDIT
Well, I tried setting it up as a rocket launcher, and a single press will fire all the rounds. No way to get it to stop.

Edited by Xeno426

21 minutes ago, ANDR0ID said:

Thanks... I'll have to double check the missiles as I thought I had the launch rail versions, might have only done it for one of the MAVs though. 

Yeah, the {AIM-9L-ON-ADAPTER} is the AIM-9 the aircraft should use, along with 9M or whatever other variant is desired.

Have to wonder about how realistic the CBU-97 is for the A-29B. Seems the CBU-87 is closer to the BLG-252.

I would like to point out again that Rudel_chw's claim about the alpha channel is false. All textures I created are affected. It is a compression error that occurred when saving to dds. A 4096x4096 texture has a size of 85 Mb, but only needs to be 21.3 Mb. Xeno426's confirmation is just a false conclusion, because as soon as the texture is opened by a photo editing program, the compression error disappears immediately when it is saved again.

• Like 1

Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-core processor 3.90 GHz, installed memory 256 GB (256 GB usable), system type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
2 x NVIDIA RTX TITAN SLI 48 GB vRAM, 3x 2 TB M2 NVMe WDS200T3XHC Raid, 2x 4 TB M2 NVMe Force MP510 Raid, ERM - 3K3U water cooling, gaming motherboard ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA
Monitor 108 cm ACER PREDATOR CG437K 7680x4320-120Hz, power supply 2000 watts

4 hours ago, Xeno426 said:

Thank you so much, the fixed liveries now work fine, like this:

zYrD545.jpg

however, I do have a much larger collection of liveries, most of which suffer from this bug:

MfZ0Rbm.jpg

I know it is a lot to ask for, but could you write a short tutorial on how to do the fix ourselves, assuming one knows its way around Photoshop?

Thanks again, cheers!

Eduardo

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

36 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Thank you so much, the fixed liveries now work fine, like this:

zYrD545.jpg

however, I do have a much larger collection of liveries, most of which suffer from this bug:

MfZ0Rbm.jpg

I know it is a lot to ask for, but could you write a short tutorial on how to do the fix ourselves, assuming one knows its way around Photoshop?

Thanks again, cheers!

Eduardo

I didn't edit them, an acquaintance did. He just opened up the files, set the alpha channel to "1", and saved them again (with mipmaps). That fixed the issue.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hello Rudel_chw! I won't be understood. The error only occurred with my edited textures. The affected textures are opened with PS without editing and saved again under "Save file as" with the selection dds. Nothing more is necessary. The normals I changed in the texture folder are also corrupted.

• Like 2

Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-core processor 3.90 GHz, installed memory 256 GB (256 GB usable), system type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
2 x NVIDIA RTX TITAN SLI 48 GB vRAM, 3x 2 TB M2 NVMe WDS200T3XHC Raid, 2x 4 TB M2 NVMe Force MP510 Raid, ERM - 3K3U water cooling, gaming motherboard ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALPHA

3 hours ago, Urbi said:

The error only occurred with my edited textures. The affected textures are opened with PS without editing and saved again under "Save file as" with the selection dds. Nothing more is necessary. The normals I changed in the texture folder are also corrupted.

Thanks a lot for the clarifications, I will attempt to fix some of the liveries, and then will came back here to tell you how it went 🙏

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ANDR0ID said:

Thanks... I'll have to double check the missiles as I thought I had the launch rail versions, might have only done it for one of the MAVs though. 

So, I figured out how to get the guns to shoot in controlled bursts. I now have a working Giat 20mm cannon pod working, using the AKAN gun pod as a model stand-in for the NC 621.

I noticed there's no LODs. As an interim, I used some of the FW 190D's LODs for distances greater than 1.5km. Seems to work fine.

Can't seem to figure out why the chaff and flare pop out of the pilot's head. It doesn't seem to be respecting my adjustments to the position.

• Like 1

Fixed textures

Fixed texture errors in the liveries and in the texture folder. The Liveries folder contains all the Liveries that I have.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/d61vgt32yjg95k0916w22/a-29b.rar?rlkey=ufm51jvh7ggbm9cdhrysr1uui&dl=0

the two folders from the zip
Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\a-29b
copy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Urbi said:

Fixed texture errors in the liveries and in the texture folder. The Liveries folder contains all the Liveries that I have.

Thank you so much, these are almost all the liveries that I had ... before, my favorite livery looked like this:

l0wAsFC.jpg

Now, with your fixes, it looks perfect:

hMZ1W7t.jpg

🙏  Cheers! and thanks again.

On 3/9/2024 at 3:26 PM, ANDR0ID said:

Here's the changes I made. Added some gun pods, added some more controls to the joystick options, added some weapons to the A-29 selection.

Couldn't figure out how to get the gun pods to use different sounds, though.

A-29B changes.zip

Edited by Xeno426
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome, I'll take a look. I've updated my build to account for the Mavs & sidewinders having rails, but can look to add this too... I'll be sure to credit you when I update the package on user files. 

Edit: I just uploaded version 2.0 to user files containing the CLSID fixes and additions from Xeno426. 

Edited by ANDR0ID

22 minutes ago, Ocelote said:

I have problem with the Speed and the HUD of the airplane, the airspeed down a lot when I turn and the HUD in angles of 90 degrees of bank turn crazy

At 90° bank the HUD oscilates between its upright and its downside position, this is somewhat normal and you can avoid it by banking just a little less than 90°.

If you pull the stick back while doing a turn, you begin to pull-g and in that case the aircraft begins to lose speed. Fix by increasing throttle or reducing the g-load.

3 hours ago, Ocelote said:

Hi, I had been trying use to the FLIR but I don`t know how turn on it, the page is in black but the coordanetes display is working 

From my notes (back on v5.2):

On the Left MFCD (doesn’t work on the right one), click on SMS 
twice to get the main menu. Click on FLIR. If the FLIR is powered 
off, it will display “FLIR Not Available”.

Turn ON the FLIR using the “FLIR Power” binding. It will take 30 
seconds to perform its POST, during which there will be no image 
shown. Thereafter it will display a calibration diagram for 90 
seconds, and after that it will be fully operative.

If you want to zoom it's FLIR NFOV and zoom out it's WFOV

• Thanks 1

hace 3 horas, Rudel_chw dijo:

From my notes (back on v5.2):

On the Left MFCD (doesn’t work on the right one), click on SMS 
twice to get the main menu. Click on FLIR. If the FLIR is powered 
off, it will display “FLIR Not Available”.

Turn ON the FLIR using the “FLIR Power” binding. It will take 30 
seconds to perform its POST, during which there will be no image 
shown. Thereafter it will display a calibration diagram for 90 
seconds, and after that it will be fully operative.

If you want to zoom it's FLIR NFOV and zoom out it's WFOV

Do I must to download the v5.2?

1 hour ago, Ocelote said:

Do I must to download the v5.2?

no, I meant that I wrote those notes when flying that version, so they may not be correct for other versions.