UH-1H Attachments Mod

On 12/29/2021 at 3:08 PM, Eight Ball said:

Working on an update for the mod, beside the infantry I'm also planning to adapt the pylons for use with the door gunners' miniguns. The M-60s look good but they're peashooters in DCS.

GLUAswa.png

x1WYhry.png

1w6vCNj.png

on75AUY.png

I stopped using mods, but this is so immensely needed for the Heuy that for this mod I for sure will make an exception

Looking great 👌 

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Awesome mod but I can't get this to work.

I can see the new gun mount in the preview in the mission editor, but I don't see it mounted on the aircraft when rearming.

I am running the latest version of OB

Any thoughts?

Edited by RazorbackNL

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Glad to see the interest 🙂

3 hours ago, Pappy2 said:

how do you manage to have the GIs in Huey ?   Mod Combined Arms ?

It's a custom payload for the UH-1H. You load/unload them with the rearming menu.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:01 PM, RazorbackNL said:

Awesome mod but I can't get this to work.

I can see the new gun mount in the preview in the mission editor, but I don't see it mounted on the aircraft when rearming.

I am running the latest version of OB

Any thoughts?

Ingame, what do you see exactly? Do the default pylons show up? If so they will cover the custom pylons, you either need to add a custom code at the end of the description.lua of the livery you're using or you can use the custom liveries provided with the mod. There should be a pic explaining how to use them but just in case:

pylons OFF-1.jpg

So I did some testing and apparently, once ingame you're no longer able to use the armament menu to add or remove the custom pylons. They need to be mounted in the mission editor (on station 2) and then if necessary use the "000 pylons OFF" livery to remove the default pylons.

That's a bummer but it's the way it is...🤷‍♂️

Edited by Eight Ball

29 minutes ago, Eight Ball said:

So I did some testing and apparently, once ingame you're no longer able to use the armament menu to add or remove the custom pylons. They need to be mounted in the mission editor (on station 2) and then if necessary use the "000 pylons OFF" livery to remove the default pylons.

That's a bummer but it's the way it is...🤷‍♂️

This method is working 🙂. Thank you!

• Like 1

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

3 hours ago, Stratos said:

Wondering If same method could work to add a pitot tube in the lower part of the MiG-19P intake, in order to simulate a MiG-19S or Shenyang F-6??

I guess, never tried with any other aircraft but IIRC someone made a mod for the conformal fuel tanks on the F-16.

----

the list of attachments is growing 🙂

doYPPHh.png

hti8bEV.png

Zojp4Ft.png

fk83EZY.png

dyu73M9.png

Edited by Eight Ball
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

8-Ball,

Those are by far the sweetest 😍 Mods I have seen for a very long time! Thanks a lot for those!

For me it seems you really know of how to mod the Huey, which is great! I have a couple more ideas, and the needed background in regards of the RL items.
I'd really like to get in touch with you just to discuss the one or other thing 😉

Cheers!

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

Oh.... One more thing. I know it has been discussed some time ago but I was unable to dig out the correct thread.

Some of you skins do not display correctly and I know there was a trick to get it solved. I am getting strange squares with some of the skins and/ or missing textures on the pylons. That ist not the wildest issue since I am now able to remove then 😉

Maybe you could help me out with the issue.

Cheers!

Issue03.jpg

Issue02.jpg

Issue01.jpg

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

On 1/6/2022 at 10:10 PM, EvilBert VR said:

I'd really like to get in touch with you just to discuss the one or other thing

Sure, feel free to send me a PM.

Regarding the liveries, I don't know for sure, it seems like the normals or the roughmets are missing. You need to open the description.lua and make sure everything is matching what you have inside the livery folder

Edited by Eight Ball

Very neat! Is there any chance you could create a mod to remove the door gunner from the Sa342 Gazelle? The cockpit view is best in the doorgunner version (closest to the civilian model) - but there is no option to unmount the minigun! Anyway, if it is easy to do - it'd be a neat mod to have.

On 1/11/2022 at 4:04 AM, Avimimus said:

Very neat! Is there any chance you could create a mod to remove the door gunner from the Sa342 Gazelle? The cockpit view is best in the doorgunner version (closest to the civilian model) - but there is no option to unmount the minigun! Anyway, if it is easy to do - it'd be a neat mod to have.

I'm afraid it's not possible, the minigun is part of the 3D model

Man, those additions/changes really bring the hueys typical shape to shine. Thank you a lot, cant wait to try those ones out.

• Like 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR