Jammer SOP

VIXEN413

Hey guys, 

I kinda get my own way of using the jammer since understanding it's limitations and use. 

But I was wondering if any of our more knowleadgeable member would enlight us with proper use of the equipement... 

In a SEAD mission, an picture clean, it made total sense and helped a great deal to conduct a successfull safe mission... 

But in A/A with 3 other wingmen and against a Gorilla group (like the instant mission in Syria with defence of Incirlik), it was more an annoyance since the radar becomes useless and, combined with our Amraam bug (for the moment) where they go stupid if the lock is broken before they go active, it

makes  us almost harless to the enemy.... 

That's why I leave it only in rec mode and count only on chaff and evasive actions. 

So I was wondering what is the normal employment doctrine for the Jammer in RL against different threats.. 

BR.. 

• Like 1

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

That sounds to me like it could step over the line of what can be talked about. RL pilots probably won't describe exactly when and how they use classified jamming equipment.

Also in RL, flights have dedicated jammers like Growlers to support them.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

EW is super simplified in game, it bears little resemblance to real life. The Hornet's jammer is a defensive jammer, if a radar threat is guiding on you flick your jammer on.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

One thing I’d like to see tested is whether multiple jets in tight to one another can be covered by a single jammer. 
That would definitely change the way a group might fight. 

For the time being, I only use the jammer when doing SEAD for the most part, although I used it the other day when running for my life after going Winchester on a 6-ship flight of bandits. 
It may have some limited application for HOBS WVR fights as well, where locking the 9X’s seeker can be done without radar. I’ve never actually tried it in this situation. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brass2-1 said:

One thing I’d like to see tested is whether multiple jets in tight to one another can be covered by a single jammer. 
That would definitely change the way a group might fight. 

For the time being, I only use the jammer when doing SEAD for the most part, although I used it the other day when running for my life after going Winchester on a 6-ship flight of bandits. 
It may have some limited application for HOBS WVR fights as well, where locking the 9X’s seeker can be done without radar. I’ve never actually tried it in this situation. 

9x saves the day!  That's all I've been using recently + ninja tactics. Nose cold, sneak up from the blind spot and smoke'em.

https://youtu.be/ZCHPc6yUH3Q

I'm not in that stage of training with the Hornet but I already thought about some jammer tactics. I flew the Eagle for some years and with the FC jets, it's relatively easy, to jam each some seconds. Since the Hornet has only its ASPJ which comes only online, when I get locked, we have to rethink such methods.

One of my ideas was, to fly high and fast with ASPJ on REC and shoot the first Fox 3 at about 28 to 30NM. After being pitbull, I would set the ASPJ to XMIT. If I get locked, the jammer would come online, set my Radar off but with one AMRAMM pitbull, this would'nt be that bad and I should already out of burn through range (23NM, IIRC). Not tested yet ingame, just an idea.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]