Pilots InBrief

SunDown

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been watching this sim develop for a long time. Waiting just over the ridgeline if you will. I think the producers have done a great job putting out information. I try to watch the videos again and again, hoping to pick up something new. Releasing the 3rd party plug-ins will insure DCS:BS for years, even as new editions to DCS are released. Personally I'm waiting for the AH-64 to be released. I'm a rotor-head.

I'm already starting to budget for a new rig with HOTAS, IR Tracker, pedals, and anything else that will help me put lead on target. I'm hoping to get some good feedback on pc specs. I'll have my pre-order in as soon as they start taking orders. I'm sure there are alot of simmers out there that are waiting like me. We dont mind the wait, because I know you guys are making forward progress and working hard at releasing a quality sim. Will there be bugs? of course, but we as a community will get them identified and you guys will get them fixed.

Eventually I would like to join a virutal squadron and learn this beast together with like minded pilots that are interested in being top notch Ka-50 drivers. Not "shoot-em up" kamakazis.

Well again, nice to meet everyone and its nice to get up on these boards. We are close gentlemen, lets stay positive and not start getting crazy here near the end.

SunDown

• Like 3

Here is a little movie trivia....

"SunDown" was a backseater (under tough circumstances) for this well know Hollywood pilot.....

Lt. Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

Welcome to this forum!

Wait until BS comes out to buy new PC parts, like I do.:) Time is on your side regarding PC components and there prices.

I also thinking of joining a squadron who is dedicated to fly helos.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Very Nice

Yeah, I started with all the Top Gun callsigns...Iceman, Slider, Hollywood, Wolfman, Maverick, Goose, Jester, Viper, Cougar, etc...but the only one I could register with was SunDown. He was a punk anyway, but I'll try and bring some honor back to the callsign...lol

Hello all,

'been lurking here for most of the year, and must say i'm really impressed by both the Product, and the community that has gathered around it!!

I've recently purchased X 52, TrackIR4, and will soon be in posession of saitek pedals and a new PC, with QuadCore 6600+geforce 8800GT. Like SunDown, I keep watching the videos in hopes of catching something new to learn--so much so that when my spouse needs something to help her sleep, she requests Producer's notes!

Look forward to chatting with you folks as the release draws nearer...

CrazySunDog

• Like 1

Ok, I have to get out of the closet too. Me too been lurking for almost a year and checking out the forum every single day ever since... I can't wait to put my hands on this sim. I have been flying F4 all version (1.08, FF3, SP3, F4AF) for a good 8 years, and been part of a squad since day one. The mates and me will all switch to BS when it comes out... I always awaited a helo sim, so BS is a blessing for me. The depth and graphics, yes the graphics, much better than F4 anyway..;o))

--Sundown, I read than you got back from AFG? Where about were you? I just got back my self, after 6 months in KAF.

cheers!

pitbull

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I was part of TF Phoenix. Worked in Kabul, Kunar, Zormont, Kapisa, etc. Basically the Eastern Zone. I was an ETT for the ANA and ANCOP. It's hard to watch the news these days because AFG is really going downhill. We need to either bring the hammer or get out. I got tired of spoon feeding those Afghans.

Glad you made it back.