CTD when pressing Fly in SP or MP

SliderCDN

13 minutes ago, SliderCDN said:

If 4 repairs didn't fix it, it's broken as usual.

@SliderCDN - I saw you posted a reply to another topic on Sunday stating you were successful flying and shooting. What changed? And "as usual"? Not sure where your previous lengthy post ended up. Seems to be same issue. Except now 2.7?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

dcs.log

Game getting broken with updates as usual. Last patch broke it all. It worked 3/4 of the time before that, but Wednesday's update broke it AGAIN, AS USUAL.

I sit in the plane for 2-3 minutes doing nothing and it just closes without error or warning.

Do note this all started happening same day as update. I was in TTI server when server went down for update. So I updated, tried playing the game again and problems started.

Edited by SliderCDN

Just now, silverdevil said:

Like pocket kings said you have lots of "ERROR EDCORE: Can't open file".

That's great. That doesn't help me, because if I knew what the problem was, I wouldn't be asking for help, would I?

Do note this all started happening same day as update. I was in TTI server when server went down for update. So I updated, tried playing the game again and problems started. Literally 3 minutes after I updated DCS.

More crashes.

dcs.log

21 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

This topic kinda fell off the earth. What ever came of these problems?

ED support just stopped caring long ago it seems and with 2.7, too much changed for it to matter. 2.7 slightly improved the situation, but not really. Then came update 2 days ago and broke it all again.

I do not personally use this. I have heard that it does a good job of cleanup. 

have you tried it? At this point I don't suppose it will hurt anything since DCS is not usually working for you.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I have been using it for last few months, very nice tool to make 50 launch attempts to get that one that works for a little bit.

Clean up, slow repairs..I lost count how many I've done.

Edited by SliderCDN

I don't want to worsen your already "great mood", but here are two suggestions:

1. Are you able to check your SSD integrity? This could be an issue too. Whenever new data is written to bad cells, in this case a major upgrade to 2.7, the data obviously can get corrupted. And no, NTFS wouldn't neccessarily recognize it, it's and old filesystem with very limited checksumming capabilities. Plus these drives notoriously lie about written blocks.

2. For the future, if you have the funds, buy a second hard drive the same size or bigger than your working drive and clone it before performing a major upgrade. If you're willing to do it, I can assist you with further instructions. Doesn't cost anything except your time and another hard drive.

I'm probably lucky considering everybody and their mum seems to have issues with 2.7 and the subsequent minor upgrade. I don't have these issues, but I also run DCS in an isolated environment without anything unneccessary.

37 minutes ago, Pocket Kings said:

I don't want to worsen your already "great mood", but here are two suggestions:

1. Are you able to check your SSD integrity? This could be an issue too. Whenever new data is written to bad cells, in this case a major upgrade to 2.7, the data obviously can get corrupted. And no, NTFS wouldn't neccessarily recognize it, it's and old filesystem with very limited checksumming capabilities. Plus these drives notoriously lie about written blocks.

2. For the future, if you have the funds, buy a second hard drive the same size or bigger than your working drive and clone it before performing a major upgrade. If you're willing to do it, I can assist you with further instructions. Doesn't cost anything except your time and another hard drive.

I'm probably lucky considering everybody and their mum seems to have issues with 2.7 and the subsequent minor upgrade. I don't have these issues, but I also run DCS in an isolated environment without anything unneccessary.

I'm in a lovely mood, specially when it comes to DCS. If you have a few hours to read through the above linked thread, you will see I had problems with DCS (only DCS and nothing else) on 2 different SSDs after multiple clean Windows reinstalls. It's a DCS problem. 2.7 reduced the problems, but not fully, but I was at least able to fly a little more than CTD. 

Wednesday's update took all that away and now it crashes as soon as I load into 3D or very shortly after.

I've updated NVIDIA drivers with DDU, zero change.

I do not know why the sudden DD11 crashes...

Wait, what do you mean by DD11? Do you mean DX11?

Your logfiles indicate that those files can't be read off of hard drive, as if the filesystem was corrupted or the files have been tampered with or a permissions violation. Subsequent DX11 issues are most likely an after effect and not the root cause.

26 minutes ago, Pocket Kings said:

Wait, what do you mean by DD11? Do you mean DX11?

Your logfiles indicate that those files can't be read off of hard drive, as if the filesystem was corrupted or the files have been tampered with or a permissions violation. Subsequent DX11 issues are most likely an after effect and not the root cause.

Yes, DX11. Only thing done was the DCS update. I've been in a middle of a campaign with friends when update came out, so no reason to change anything other than update.

21 minutes ago, Pocket Kings said:

I looked at your logfiles again and the problem appears in regards to shaders. I never had to delete / repair the shaders. Did you attempt to reinitiate the shaders already?

How do I reinitiate them? Delete? I've done that right away.

Edited by SliderCDN

6 minutes ago, Pocket Kings said:

Hmm, just a wild guess that popped into my mind: Did you upgrade from a Windows 7 install to Windows 10 or did you install Win 10 onto a blank hard drive?

Fresh clean from same day downloaded version (few weeks ago I did all that).

Could you tell me how to reinitiate shaders, please? I want to make sure I'm not missing a step.

To clean all the shaders, get in each of these folders and remove their content:

• C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\fxo
  • C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\metashaders2
  • C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache (Windows will refuse to remove some files which are used by other apps - just click "Ignore" if it warns you)

I believe there's also a shader location for DCS maps but I can't recall where it is.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

7 minutes ago, Flappie said:

To clean all the shaders, get in each of these folders and remove their content:

• C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\fxo
  • C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS...\metashaders2
  • C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache (Windows will refuse to remove some files which are used by other apps - just click "Ignore" if it warns you)

I believe there's also a shader location for DCS maps but I can't recall where it is.

I have done all 3 of the above, will report results.

I've tried looking for map shaders, but no success.

i  believe  its  only  the  2  that  you  already  have  done,  dont  think there  is  a  map   one  since i unable   to  find  it

you havnt  installed  any  vr  shaders  mods at all

Since  you  had updated  to the  latest  nvidia  update  did  you have  any  issues   with the  previous  version  of  the  nividia  driver  you had  installed if  you  didnt  than  just  revert  back  to  that  version  again  since  there  was  a  issues  with  one  of the  latest  version  that was  released  awhile  ago.

if  all  that  fails  have  you  tried  a clean install of   dcs   meaning   getting  rid  of  everything  bits  of  dcs  files  on  your  pc  etc

Edited by pete_auau

dcs.log

@Flappie No change. Crashed after 15 minutes or so without warning.

38 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

i  believe  its  only  the  2  that  you  already  have  done,  dont  think there  is  a  map   one  since i unable   to  find  it

you havnt  installed  any  vr  shaders  mods at all

Since  you  had updated  to the  latest  nvidia  update  did  you have  any  issues   with the  previous  version  of  the  nividia  driver  you had  installed if  you  didnt  than  just  revert  back  to  that  version  again  since  there  was  a  issues  with  one  of the  latest  version  that was  released  awhile  ago.

if  all  that  fails  have  you  tried  a clean install of   dcs   meaning   getting  rid  of  everything  bits  of  dcs  files  on  your  pc  etc

I'm sorry..what?