Dol's Boeing B-29 Superfortress For 2.7

Screen_210512_225316.jpg

logo.jpg

Christmas Up-Date!

Today, I bring you a new, improved, re done B-29

Compliments of @Urbi

He has re done the prop blur, and add a whole bunch of skins!

I am IMPRESSED!

A wonderful gift for the community.

And I thank him for his work!

Enjoy,

And Merry Christmas!

New link!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mb2ar1e0wxdbos17oiye4/B-29-Superfortress.rar?rlkey=x1y4tm2iuthfghv0qrndrw47w&dl=0

Presents,

Up-date 25/8/2023

This is the Stonehouse edit of Dol's B-29 turning it into a TU-4!

It has been broken for some time.

No Longer!

I have added a new cockpit, the same as the 29.

I also added a couple :gifts" in the bomb bay for you to discover!

These come courtesy of Marko1985.

I thank him for the code.

And thanks to Dol, and Stonehouse for the work they have done!@

Dol was kind enough to share his Max file to allow these edits.

Saved games install.

OvGME ready.

Long live the Russian Federation!😆

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/nnk43k9f20ebpvp8tji2v/Tupolev-Tu-4-DOL-V-1.0.zip?rlkey=jelgjsjqgdvf89h5swtg8je5d&dl=0

Screen-230825-150654.jpg

Screen-230825-150703.jpg

Enjoy!

And Have FUN!

I was presently surprised this mod still worked in 2.7

Although you can download it from his site,

http://virtualcockpits.web.fc2.com/index.html

This version has a few custom skins, and a up-dated lua by Stonehouse.

I have a few things to fix and test but

it is coming soon!

Still as gorgeous as ever!

New link!

Tested in 2.7.

Please note,

This mod is ai only, as Dol made it.

It includes the extra skins, and brilliant lua work of Stonehouse.

Please enjoy their efforts!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/msy898whkao8v7i/Boeing B-29 Superfortress 2.7.zip?dl=0

This mod will be up-loaded to the user site after a few shake down flights.

Post issues in this thread please.

And have fun!

Screen_210512_225349.jpg

Screen_210512_225424.jpg

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Nice! Is this flyable? 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

First post up-dated!

New link!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

10 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

Nice! Is this flyable? 

Did you read the OP?

If you guys ware interested, I've been using a version of the B-29 that I modified myself. Added a bunch of historical bombs to the payload by pulling and modifying them from the base game (AN-M57, AN-M64, AN-M65, AN-M66, M19 incendiary cluster with AN-M69). I put them into various amounts and modified bomb bay positions and made use of the bomb bay hatch function of the B-52 so that the bombs would fall from either two locations or three, depending on the bomb load.

Anyway, I'll upload them here. It's not really a drop-in for your file, but I hope you will at least find use in the pylon setup, loadout, and the added weapons.

B-29.lua

7 hours ago, Xeno426 said:

Did you read the OP?

B-29.lua 49.66 kB · 6 downloads

Hmm I don't think it said that in the OP when I posted. It seems it was updated afterwards.

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

• 2 years later...

I have a big up-date coming!

Up-dated with a  new real B-29 cockpit!

ai only.

Massive load out options.

FM up-dated to allow shorter runway take offs!

As soon as testing is done.

If anyone wishes to assist, send a PM in the forums.

I will provide a link.

Screen-230709-115438.jpg

Screen-230709-145533.jpg

Screen-230709-144310.jpg

Screen-230709-145539.jpg

Soon!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye60 said:

FM up-dated to allow shorter runway take offs!

Thanks a lot @Hawkeye60 ... looking forward to being able to operate it from Marianas. 🙏

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Screen-230710-143702.jpg

For you @Rudel_chw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

First post up-dated!

The TU-4 has arrived!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye60 said:

First post up-dated!

The TU-4 has arrived!

Thank you so much … will test flight it tonight  🙏

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

First post Up-Dated!

We have a Christmas gift for you!

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hawkeye60 said:

First post Up-Dated!

We have a Christmas gift for you!

Enjoy!

Thanks a lot hawkeye (and friends), this is one of the most useful WW2 AI aircrafts available for DCS, I used it a lot on my Mig-15 missions. Lovely to have more liveries available (at least fro the B-29, the Tu-4 still has relatively few):

mWcyEfi.jpg

upUlVTP.jpg

There is just a single bug that I found ... when the aircraft is cold on the ground, its propellers display their blur texture, instead of being static until the engine starts.

Wish you an exceptional Xmas :holiday:

• Like 2

I am happy you like it

@Rudel_chw

This prop issue can, and will be solved.

This was Urbi's work around.

He does not use max.

His talents are in liveries, and code.

After the Holidays, I will re visit the Max.

Cheers!

• Like 3

I think this Mod looks and works Great... Except, the props as they seem to be rather low contrast and almost invisible from most angles.. I know that they have the bug on the ground but I mean even when spinning they seem like they maybe have no contrast or real reflections on them? Idk hard to describe.. 

Rig Specs: 34" 3440x1440 Monitor - CPU: Ryzen 7800X3D - GPU: XFX RX 7900 XT Speedster MERC 310 - MOBO: GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX -

SSD: WD BLACK SN-850X 2TB + SN-770 2TB - RAM: 6000Mhz 64GB

• 2 weeks later...

I recently started using the B-29 mod, and I'm having an issue that I don't know how to approach. I'm not familiar at all with the structure of how the DCS mods are put together, so I am not sure if this is something that can be easily edited or not.

A group I fly with has been experimenting with some Korean War events in DCS, and we were thinking of using the B-29 mod to use as central objectives for missions. The problem we are having with the mod is it seems that when engaged, the B-29 AI thinks that it is a fighter, and wants to dogfight. For what we are trying to use it for, this would totally defeat the purpose of having the bombers at all. And on the other hand, it would be nice to not just have lobotomized targets that don't react to gunfire at all and are just waiting to be shot down.

How are the AI behaviors are assigned to specific aircraft, specifically in the case for mods? Is there a way to tell the AI pilot to behave like a B-17, or a B-52 AI? I took some time and looked through the .lua files in the mod folder, but didn't find anything super obvious.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...