F-18 radar - TWS - constantly loses track

Banzaiib

I cannot keep a track bugged for more than a few seconds before it drops. I've tried different PRFs and different ranges from 60 miles down to 10 miles, and the only solution i can manage is to switch to a 2 bar 20 degree scan so it refreshes super fast, and even then, i lose the TWS lock frequently. I fly exclusively in MP servers, so this may not exist in SP. I haven't tried SP. I will record a track this evening and a video.

forgive me if this has already been reported. I was hoping the patch yesterday would solve it. It did not.

Did you adjust the timeout setting? Right now it's bugged and controlling how long a track file lasts instead of just the brick ageout time. Default setting for the 120 is 4 seconds.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Set the ageout to 8 sec as Tholozor mentioned. Whats happening is that the default ageout time is 4s, but certain TWS scans take over 2s. If you are using ILV, it means it is often >4 sec before the radar scans the target with the appropriate PRF. With ageout to 8 I have zero issues with the F-18 TWS.

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

19 hours ago, Tholozor said:

Did you adjust the timeout setting? Right now it's bugged and controlling how long a track file lasts instead of just the brick ageout time. Default setting for the 120 is 4 seconds.

Where do you adjust this setting?  I searched the manual and couldn't find.

43 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Where do you adjust this setting?  I searched the manual and couldn't find.

With Aim120 selected you go on your right MFD check DATA (bottom right) and in the upper right corner you will see the default value of 4. You can increase this value up to 32.

Edited by diamond26
  • Thanks 1

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11