Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

Oops, I just realised if you click the red X it hides the green circle DOH! 🤪

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHZ 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, HP Reverb G2 VR - soon to be Bigscreen VR

On 9/3/2023 at 7:06 PM, Captain Orso said:

Scratchpad is completely within DCS, being a set of scripts--mostly lua--installed into '..\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts'. To implement the additional function of a plug-in, you simply copy it from '..\Scripts\Scratchpad\Extensions\Disabled\' into '..\Scripts\Scratchpad\Extensions', and that's it.

I had no idea that I could do this with scratchpad. I will have a look! Thank you.

On 9/3/2023 at 3:47 PM, Captain Orso said:

Many thanks for the reply.

Scratchpad has some plug-ins which transfers the collected F10 map points directly into the waypoints of the aircraft you are flying: F-15E, AV-8B, AH-64D, F-16C, F/A-18C, and M2000C.

With the Apache you can actually select which type of point is inserted per data point, so WayPoint, Control Measure, Target Point, or Hazard Point by modifying the data line beforehand.

It's pretty cool watching the data being entered into the UFC 🙂

Where are these plug-ins? I've been looking around and don't see any. I've only been able to do something like this with The Way so if you can share how to do this from within scratchpad, I, and many others would be most interested.

Draken35 is the author of the plug-ins, and IIRC was also the one who pushed for Scratchpad to be plug-in compatible at all.

Here's the link to the post with his latest content: 

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I've been playing with this in VR. Mostly all I want to do is bring waypoints into my missions without having to type them in every time so I have found that if I save the waypoints to file, I can have the MOD running with the waypoints selected and just lift my VR headset for a second to upload the waypoints to my A-10C. Going on from that, has anyone had any experience of applications such as OVRDrop? The app allows you to have an Windows 'window' open in the VR environment - all I need to see is the Transfer to DCS window while in VR. I rarely need to select new waypoints while in the game as I would generally just use a Mark Point for that.

Game setup - I9-13900K, 3000 MHZ 24 Core 32 Logical Processors, NVIDIA RTX 4090, 42” ASUS 4K OLED monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM TPR Rudder pedals, HP Reverb G2 VR - soon to be Bigscreen VR

19 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

Draken35 is the author of the plug-ins, and IIRC was also the one who pushed for Scratchpad to be plug-in compatible at all.

Here's the link to the post with his latest content: 

Yeah, Draken35 I guess had issue with idiots saying something and so he removed his file. So I guess I am stuck with the Scratchpad / The Way method. I would have preferred to have just used Scratchpad with the plugin. 

12 hours ago, Str][ker said:

Yeah, Draken35 I guess had issue with idiots saying something and so he removed his file. So I guess I am stuck with the Scratchpad / The Way method. I would have preferred to have just used Scratchpad with the plugin. 

Follow the link in my previous post and read.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

3 hours ago, JimBo* said:

i actually like the scratchpad better, but it doesn't seem to work in F-15E WSO position. or am i doing something wrong?

You will have to be much more specific, exactly what doesn't work, and how to repeat it.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

So true, sorry.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, updating you all with a new release with the following changes:

• The Mirage F1EE is now supported
  • F15E can now use different routing options
  • Added Clear All button for the waypoints list
  • Various bugfixes and improvements

You will find that many issues regarding user dialogs, keybinds, and glitches in the UI have been fixed. The experience should be much smoother. As always, thanks to our contributors to the repository for the Mirage F1 and the Strike Eagle improvements.

You can find the link to download here: https://github.com/aronCiucu/DCSTheWay/releases/tag/v2.2.0

If you are updating from an older version, simply run the new installer.

Edited by Comrade Doge
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Calwpower said:

Can someone help me the circle for waypoints is too small and green can hardly be seen or not at all. How can I change the symbol to be thicker and larger

I also find it hard to see, in some situations.  It looks like the crosshair image is a .png file that could probably be changed, and then the source code recompiled, but that is beyond my abilities...

Maybe a future release might have a couple options to chose from?  Or maybe it could cycle between a couple different contrasting colors so it shows up under different conditions?

59 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

I also find it hard to see, in some situations.  It looks like the crosshair image is a .png file that could probably be changed, and then the source code recompiled, but that is beyond my abilities...

Maybe a future release might have a couple options to chose from?  Or maybe it could cycle between a couple different contrasting colors so it shows up under different conditions?

Hi, I will consider this for the next release

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 7:26 PM, pete_auau said:

You have  to  check  the  use  mouse  option  in  the  vr  option  in the  settings

Hi there-  I have that already in the DCS settings.  I should have said the green circle isn't visible to me in VR (to use the mouse with).  I am assuming the green circle should be near the centre of the screen, so am zooming in as mush as possible, trying to keep the target in the middle of my monitor.  But it isn't that accurate I'm afraid.  Any other ideas?

Cheers.

'52

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56

On 9/7/2023 at 6:47 AM, Nialfb said:

I've been playing with this in VR. Mostly all I want to do is bring waypoints into my missions without having to type them in every time so I have found that if I save the waypoints to file, I can have the MOD running with the waypoints selected and just lift my VR headset for a second to upload the waypoints to my A-10C. Going on from that, has anyone had any experience of applications such as OVRDrop? The app allows you to have an Windows 'window' open in the VR environment - all I need to see is the Transfer to DCS window while in VR. I rarely need to select new waypoints while in the game as I would generally just use a Mark Point for that.

Hi Nialfb,

do you have the green circle visible in VR?  I don't, and aren't sure if I'm doing something wring or not.

Cheers.

'52

i7-11700F  64GB RAM  RTX3060  WIN 10Pro  HP Reverb G2  TM Cougar & Logitech X56

I think the issue is that, even though you have the MOD running in VR, it is not recognised within VR itself so you won't see the green circle. It's like an external program running. I open my mission in Mission Editor in a 2D session and use the green circle to select the target waypoints and I save these to file. In VR, I open the MOD and start DCS - the MOD detects the plane I am flying and I am able to open the file with the saved waypoints. I then just need to click on the upload to plane button in the MOD and, although I am in VR, the MOD uploads without a problem.

Okay, so the downside is I can't see the MOD without lifting my VR headset momentaril, which is why I was asking about OVRDrop. That is an app that allows viewing seperate windows inside the VR environment. It isn't going to help with saving the waypoints initially but it will help with uploading the waypoints to the plane. If I need additinal waypoints in game I can just set mark points and use those as a waypoint in the normal way.