Mirage 2000C 16/06/2021 Update presentation

myHelljumper

52 minutes ago, myHelljumper said:

As said here : 

The manual rework is ongoing.

Could really use a wee quick start guide to the new weapon/radar employments even if fairly rough drawn because currently I don't know how to do much at all.

A load out with MK-82LD bombs does not allow me to select any bombs for instance and I am wondering if i am at fault or if something is broken but no way to tell currently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myHelljumper said:

This post is the quick guide.

What is out loadout ? What does the PCA say.

Not sure from memory, may check again later.

I had 8x MK-82LD and the PCA had 5 options displayed. After setting bomb fusing and qty/dist. I could not select any of the 5 PCA options at all.

And due to this I could no enter CCPI mode on the HUD using the weapon system switch.

I will get more details and report if it persists. 

As I am not 100% up to scratch with the mirage it does murky the waters quite a bit if you are trying to remember the old way of doing things and then reading a forum post which doesn't contain step by step instructions on how it now functions. Does that make sense?

If you have all 5 bottom PCA buttons with labels "ERR/RF/F L/AT/AR" that's from taking Super 530D missiles. I don't know of a way to get 5 labels across all buttons without that error.

To get the sought "P" with BL1/EL1/BF1 you need:

• No Super 530D loaded
  • PCA button "BL1" pressed "S"
  • Quantity 01 or greater
  • Fuze selector not inert (might be a bug, this isn't required once you move it from inert once but obviously a good idea anyway)
  • Master Armed
  • Weapon system command switch forward

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frederf said:

If you have all 5 bottom PCA buttons with labels "ERR/RF/F L/AT/AR" that's from taking Super 530D missiles. I don't know of a way to get 5 labels across all buttons without that error.

To get the sought "P" with BL1/EL1/BF1 you need:

• No Super 530D loaded
  • PCA button "BL1" pressed "S"
  • Quantity 01 or greater
  • Fuze selector not inert (might be a bug, this isn't required once you move it from inert once but obviously a good idea anyway)
  • Master Armed
  • Weapon system command switch forward

Yes! That's it! Thank you so much!

So I wanted to say...I love the update.  

At first I was a little caught off guard because my CMD FWD, AFT, and Depress no longer worked... Had to remap them back to the hat I had them on... While in flight.  That was fun.  

But I managed to take out a half dozen vehicles on the Hoggit Georgia at War server in my Mirage... And put the bombs pretty accurately on target with the updates to the CCIP line.  

Haven't really had a chance to mess with the ground avoidance radar setting yet.  

And yep the BAP100s work great against soft targets bunched together.  

And was there a change to the throttle performance?  It feels a bit more responsive.

28 minutes ago, ryuuk171 said:

I'm glad that more updates are coming to the M2000C!
By the way, I'm surprised by this implementation because the documentation I saw didn't mention that RDI has a DEC mode.

Which documentation did you see ?

Edited by Kercheiz

I can’t read the whole article since it requires a subscription. But this is an article, not a documentation. I don’t think all modes are detailed. Documentation are classified. There is a DEC mode on the RDI that is very close to what has been added to DCS.

This article mentions ground mapping, which isn’t an actual mode in the RDI. They likely refer to the same thing.

Actual ground mapping modes are DEC and VISU. BFR mode also shows the ground returns.

55 minutes ago, Kercheiz said:

I can’t read the whole article since it requires a subscription. But this is an article, not a documentation. I don’t think all modes are detailed. Documentation are classified. There is a DEC mode on the RDI that is very close to what has been added to DCS.

This article mentions ground mapping, which isn’t an actual mode in the RDI. They likely refer to the same thing.

Actual ground mapping modes are DEC and VISU. BFR mode also shows the ground returns.

It certainly wasn't the documentation. Sorry about that.😔

56 minutes ago, myHelljumper said:

Did you read your source ? 🙂

image.png

I overlooked that statement.🥶

Thanks.

Edited by ryuuk171
To revise the text.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, 

First I wanted to mention that the visibility on upcoming changes and features in progress is much appreciated! 

Just a quick question I did a quick A/A MP session yesterday and noticed that both 530s and Magics where still displayed on the PCA (and the VTH) after I shot the 4 of them. 

Is this a bug or is it the correct behavior ? 

Thanks ! 

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

3 hours ago, noxyd said:

Hi there, 

First I wanted to mention that the visibility on upcoming changes and features in progress is much appreciated! 

Just a quick question I did a quick A/A MP session yesterday and noticed that both 530s and Magics where still displayed on the PCA (and the VTH) after I shot the 4 of them. 

Is this a bug or is it the correct behavior ? 

Thanks ! 

Hi, thanks for the kind words.

Yes, the weapons stay on the PCA even when all have been fired. You need to use the PRES VTB display to know your remaining weapons.

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2021 at 6:33 AM, Frederf said:

Why do the default loadouts provided by Razbam include loadouts which are incompatible such as this. I.e. "Mk-82 Support" loadout has 4xmk-82 and 2x Super 530D missile.

@myHelljumper is there any chance this could be reviewed to weed out the now incompatible loadouts?

Thanks everyone for the info

• Like 2

It is so frustrating to relearn this module again and again.  Is this it?  If I relearn the Mirage now will I have to relearn in 6 months?  That's how it's been for years for those who bought the module early.

The PCA will now display an error message and prevent weapon selection when the aircraft loadout is incorrect.

And you linked a document explaining all of the correct and incorrect loadouts?  Right?

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

12 hours ago, gavagai said:

It is so frustrating to relearn this module again and again.  Is this it?  If I relearn the Mirage now will I have to relearn in 6 months?  That's how it's been for years for those who bought the module early.

And you linked a document explaining all of the correct and incorrect loadouts?  Right?

You have to understand that since we are collaborating with the AdA, we have access to new information and SME that we did not have access to before. This allow us to rework systems to be more accurate an realistic.

I'm sorry this is creating frustration, but this is how it is.

This update did not fundamentally change the way the aircraft system works, it just fixed some inaccuracies, improved all the AG symbology logic, implemented a realistic TAS mode and improved the CCPI delivery system.

The only limitations that there are regarding the loadouts are mixing the 530Ds with air-to-ground weapons and asymmetrical loadouts.

Those limitation did not change from the previous versions, they even are less strict.

We have conflicting information about mixing air-to-ground weapons so it is possible to do right now even if it was never done in the French Air Force, this mixing capability might be removed at a later date if we find that it is impossible.

Edited by myHelljumper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Hi,

Even if it's annoying that there have been so many changes lately for the M2k (and for the Harrier): I think it's great that you adapt these modules accordingly. I feel that my interest in the M2k has increased significantly again 😉 Thanks for that.
But it would be good if we could finally get a corresponding manual. It is well known that Baltic Dragon is there. What is the status like there? Is it possible to estimate when we can count on the updated manuals? Or would it be an option to publish the manual as of now and then, as with the FA-18 or the F-16, to receive a gradually updated manual again and again? 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

2 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

Hi,

Even if it's annoying that there have been so many changes lately for the M2k (and for the Harrier): I think it's great that you adapt these modules accordingly. I feel that my interest in the M2k has increased significantly again 😉 Thanks for that.
But it would be good if we could finally get a corresponding manual. It is well known that Baltic Dragon is there. What is the status like there? Is it possible to estimate when we can count on the updated manuals? Or would it be an option to publish the manual as of now and then, as with the FA-18 or the F-16, to receive a gradually updated manual again and again? 

Hi, I'm working on the redoing the Mirage Manual from scratch right now, but it's a big time-consuming job. I'm at 550 pages right now and I still have some section that aren't half done.

And with the upcoming radar update, I need to re-write and add a lot to the radar section.

But it's getting there, and it will be (I hope) very detailed and helpful.

In the mean time you can use the current manual with the forum's update presentation posts for the out of date parts.

I reviewed the Mirage Chuck's guide with him, it can be a good help too.

When I have something that can be released, you guys will know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

I think it's easy to understand how complex and time consuming it is to create a thorough documentation and it makes perfect sense that it takes time to finish it. The continous updates and the constantly increasing realism and high standards comfortably pushed the Mirage to become one of the best modules in DCS and me and my friends are very excited to see the upcoming radar update. The dedication you show to the module and to the costumers is admirable and it's safe to say that the AdA contract helped completely transform the reputation of the Mirage in the community. The fact that we have to relearn and rely on less than ideal documentation for the time being is a small price to pay for getting such a high quality and realistic rendition of the aircraft.

• Like 3