Rudder trim off sometimes trims rudder

jmijnen
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

This one sounds wack, but I seem to be able to get my rudder to center off-center (as if it is trimmed) while my rudder trim is off. Resetting my trim will properly center it again.

Modules: too many

System: I7-7700K, GTX 2080 Super, 64GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, 3TB HDD.

• ED Team

Hi

please include a short track replay, all seems ok here

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Its cause of teh auto pilot Rudder. I was lead footing my pedals and the Rudder-Autopilot corrected almost the entire LENGTH, and VERY slowly crept back until I reset with LCTRL - T and it fixed itself

I belive this is cause the Rudder Trim Speed for the auto pilot is slow.

40 minutes ago, ArjenHVA said:

Also having this issue. Reset rudder trim is the solution (LCtrl + T) but it starts with an offset. Special tab settings. 

image.png

mi-24 rudder.trk 2.1 MB · 0 downloads

Ok thank you i followed your advise and works well. Probably the real aircraft at real life also have such atitude so well just recenter rudder at starting fly and aparentely all goes good

1 minute ago, NineLine said:

Hey guys what are you using to control your rudder. I see with the keyboard you can set it one way or the other and it stays, but with rudder pedals, with springs, its fine, snaps back to where I would expect.

T.16000M RZ axis assigned to Flight Control Rudder. For me the one time action of the rudder reset worked because every subsequent flight I started, the rudder was centered from the start.

The Yaw autopilot did indeed cause some confusion for me the first time. And it seems that if it gives a huge control input to one side and then you turn it off while the input is at max, it will stay there until you reset trimmer (even with rudder trimmer disabled in special settings)