multi monitor picture request !

Simple to get two monitors (Nvidia cards).

I can tell you that having the camera on the second monitor ROCKS!

Out

well...i plan to have a setup in which the game will run on a 46" LCD, while Shkval runs on a 20"

that will also ROCKSSSS! (if it works out resolution-wise... 46" is at 1920×1080 , while 20inch is at 1680x1050...)

Pole..hows it going..you still on X52, or did you get a better set up?...

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang:huh:

I was planing to use a 800x600 8 inch screen for the Shkval + possibly another 800x600 8 inch for the Abris and I was hoping that the sim would actually detect multiple monitors in the gui and allow you to assign (along with a resolution) the Shkval (or abris) to the second monitor without having to go the "Stretch Desktop" route. I.e. tell the sim to display the normal view on monitor 1 with a res of 1600x1200 and display the Shkval on monitor 2 with a res of 800x600 (and abris on monitor 3 with a res of 800x600)

The 8 inch can take a res of 1024x768 (which it then scales to 800x600) which I guess means that a combined res of 2048x768 will work (kinda low though). I'm assuming here that the sim will display an image onto the extended screen that is split equally between the Shkval and normal camera....or? One problem here is of course that the sim has to render all those extra pixels which is then scaled away by the 800x600 monitor:(

And what happens if you set it to display both the Shkval, normal camera and abris? Where are the splits then, since the abris has a different aspect ratio, something like 9:16 (it is tilted 90 deg compared to a normal monitor). Is the extended screen still dived into 3 equal parts or?

btw, can you run the skval and abris on a second computer?

/Oakes

I was planing to use a 800x600 8 inch screen for the Shkval + possibly another 800x600 8 inch for the Abris and I was hoping that the sim would actually detect multiple monitors in the gui and allow you to assign (along with a resolution) the Shkval (or abris) to the second monitor without having to go the "Stretch Desktop" route. I.e. tell the sim to display the normal view on monitor 1 with a res of 1600x1200 and display the Shkval on monitor 2 with a res of 800x600 (and abris on monitor 3 with a res of 800x600)

The 8 inch can take a res of 1024x768 (which it then scales to 800x600) which I guess means that a combined res of 2048x768 will work (kinda low though). I'm assuming here that the sim will display an image onto the extended screen that is split equally between the Shkval and normal camera....or?

Exactly. If you have only one monitor and enable "shkval+mainscreen" in BS, the image is split vertically in the center (shkval left, screen right).

It's a very simple solution that forces you to use the same resolution on both screens.

So the more different the two monitores are by the means of resolution and aspect ratio, the worse the image quality will be. For example a combination of a 26" widescreen monitor and a 4:3 8" LCD will not work satisfactory.

My DCS movies:

Too bad, especially since an 8 inch screen would really look much better as the Shkval or abris than an 17 inch in any cockpit build.:(

Maybe if we can run Shkval/Abris of a second computer => 800x600 times two => 1600x600 but that still doesn't fix the problem with the 90 deg tilt on the abris (unless you can ask the sim to tilt it 90 degrees on the display).

/Oakes

btw I reverted back to the normal single screen view and mapped "zoom view" to a rotary on my HOTAS so I can zoom into the Skhval (until it fills my whole 32" LCD-TV if I want to).

For me the Skhval on a separate screen adds nothing to the immersion - unless you are a cockpit builder of course.

On the other hand ..... the ABRIS on a second screen with DIY pushbuttons/rotaries probably would be pretty handy.

My DCS movies:

On the other hand ..... the ABRIS on a second screen with DIY pushbuttons/rotaries probably would be pretty handy.
Yep, I'm planning to use a Precision Joystick Controller BU0836 for this very purpose http://www.lbodnar.dsl.pipex.com/joystick/.

I made a quick test and I get Button 1 presses if i turn it clockwise and Button 2 presses if turned anti-clockwise so as long as you can map a joystick button to the Abris knobs this will work fine.

/Oakes

Hmmm.

I have been getting my set up for Black Shark ready for a few months now. Hearing this is a disappointment because I have the TH2G across three screens and was hoping to use a fourth for the single monitor of the Shkval/Abris.

I hope they look into some sort of a fix for this. Otherwise no Shkval/Abris for me.:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

That was what I hoped for as well!? :(

I hoped to be able to use two of the following 7" 800×480 USB connected monitors and since they can be used in either portrait or landscape they would be a perfect fit for the ABRIS and the Shkval but I guess that idea won't work with current multi monitor implementation in BS?

mimo_7_lcd_screen_3.jpg

See below for more info...

http://technabob.com/blog/2008/10/16/mimo-7-inch-lcd-monitor-perfect-for-extra-menus/

/KC

well...i plan to have a setup in which the game will run on a 46" LCD, while Shkval runs on a 20"

that will also ROCKSSSS! (if it works out resolution-wise... 46" is at 1920×1080 , while 20inch is at 1680x1050...)

Pole..hows it going..you still on X52, or did you get a better set up?...

Never owned an X-52. You must be thinking of some one else. I own an NXT Cougar, FSSB Cougar, 2 Uber Cougars and a couple of stock Cougars. With that I use Simped vario pro rudders with F-16 toe brakes and of course TrackIR 4 with active clip.

Out

Edited by PoleCat

Exactly. If you have only one monitor and enable "shkval+mainscreen" in BS, the image is split vertically in the center (shkval left, screen right).

It's a very simple solution that forces you to use the same resolution on both screens.

So the more different the two monitores are by the means of resolution and aspect ratio, the worse the image quality will be. For example a combination of a 26" widescreen monitor and a 4:3 8" LCD will not work satisfactory.

I am not sure this is the case. I think there may be away to correct aspect for the display areas provided. That is my understanding at least. I will look into it and see if I can find out for sure.

Out

Edited by PoleCat

lol..

hey urze..

hows it going..you were quiet..

you so serious dude..

any who, i hope you are raking in lots of business and making potential black shark pilots happy..

i like what you did with the cougar, im looking in to getting a cougar for lo:fc and hawx...

this helicopter control set dosent seem to be idea for jets..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Ok, so here's how I did it:

1) You have to enable the second screen in the gfx control panel

2) You have to set it to "extended desktop" and then enable "stretching horizontally"

Edit: While thinking over it, it occurred to me that the two screens will have the exact same resolution. So - like in my case - if you have a widescreen monitor and a 4:3 aspect monitor, stretching/distorting WILL occur and there's nothing you can do about it. :-(

Well, as I can see, somebody has taken the bad choice again during the building of Black Shark.

"extended desktop" ? "stretching horizontally" ?

And what about the Windows Vista users ?? hum ?? those two settings are not availiable with NVIDIA drivers and Vista.... only "dual view".

I realy hope it will be possible for us to open the wanted display in an other window to slide on the second screen..... Just like made Mnemonics with LOVP in Lockon....

How about using Touchbuddy through the network on separate laptop

Intel I7-10700K, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe, MSI Z490 ACE, RAM:64GB DDR4 3600, WIN 10-64, 1080Ti😩

Waiting on a good RTX

AH-64D|AV-88|A10CII|F15E|F16CM|FA18C|F14B|NV|PG|Syria|Synia

the network from the TB server on your game pc,

to the laptop with a touchbuddy client running your profile is no problem,

easily configured to your lan ip settings, heaps of info at website.

as for the touchbuddy server talking to the game for modules etc ? no idea

sure will be interesting to see whats possible.

BS pits will be amazing if you can have shkval and abris

on correctly scaled monitors/touchscreens if needed.

maybe you could touch the abris to aim the shkval screen, crazy, who knows?

as i said, sure will be interesting and fun experimenting.

Edited by G3

Hi everyone,

My first post here :)

As I was interested in dual support also, I had trouble making it work with two different resolutions in vertical span. So it was trial and error 1680x1050 22" wide aspect 16:10 and 1280x1024 19" aspect 4:3. Windows didn't allow me to set more than 2560x1024 vertical spaned which looked awful on my main screen scaled and blurred completely. Finally I managed to make it on native resolution with my primary 22" camera and abris with shkval on 19 " scaled to my proportions.

The key was using windowed mode as it will not work in full screen in custom resolutions. I have set 3360x1050 resolution for vertical span in nv control panel and also I edited options.lua in data\scripts with this parameters and made it read only because there is no way to set that resolution from in game GUI. Finnaly I had to edit

config\MonitorSetup Shkval+Camera.lua

Description = 'Shkval on the left monitor, camera on the right'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1680;

height = 1050;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect / 2;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 1680;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 400;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 1680;

y = 400;

width = 1280;

height = 624;

}

Also I added Abris and swaped it both to right monitor. Those are my setting so I just give you direction what to edit and how to set it up to work for your custom settings because these might not work with your monitors. You have to play and try.

Well, as I can see, somebody has taken the bad choice again during the building of Black Shark.

"extended desktop" ? "stretching horizontally" ?

And what about the Windows Vista users ?? hum ?? those two settings are not availiable with NVIDIA drivers and Vista.... only "dual view".

I realy hope it will be possible for us to open the wanted display in an other window to slide on the second screen..... Just like made Mnemonics with LOVP in Lockon....

Unfortunately this is true Vista users will not be able to do spans, however I think export.lua should come in handy for this.

:book:

LOVP developer can do this easy but requires some time and effort because export scripting is not the same as it was in Lock On.