multi monitor picture request !

Hey guys,

Just tried this afternoon your config files. It worked first time! I just had to tweak it a little bit so the ABRIS display fits my front panel (didn't need the full screen). But thanks to your explanations, it was quite easy.

Here is a screenshot of my pit with the three screens working:

SIMG_3295.JPG

Here is also a video to see how it is working:

Thanks again for your help Ruprecht and PlainSight.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Problems Getting my cockpot view right?

Hi Guys,

I am new the whole flight sim scene, and decided to try DCS Blackshark as my first sim. So far I am really enjoying the whole learning to fly and the realism thing.

I am lucky enough to have a very high end gaming rig, with Dual ATI HD 4870x2's in quad crossfire, and also a single nVidea GTX 275. I am running a Matrox Triplehead2Go with three 24" monitors connected to it, that I use the ATI crossfire setup with, and I also have a single 24" monitor that I connect via the GTX 275.

The problem I have is getting the view of the cockpit right, in my multi monitor setup, I have tried all sorts of configurations and the best I can get is using a 4 camera setup one for each monitor but it still just does'nt look right, as in the picture attached, but as you can see there problems where the views have the same parts of the cockpit in them. I would really like to have my setup like this guys in this video http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE4NjYxNTI=.html, I have been trying hard but cant seem to get it to be one like one camera shown on all monitors.

This is from options.lua

["graphics"] =

{

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "4Cameras",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 1,

["scenes"] = "high",

["water"] = 3,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["aspect"] = 6.25,

["textures"] = 2,

["shadows"] = 3,

["display_mode"] =

{

["avi"] =

{

["bpp"] = 32,

["resolution"] = "640x480",

["full_screen"] = false,

["aspect"] = 1.333333333,

["height"] = 480,

["width"] = 640,

}, -- end of ["avi"]

}, -- end of ["display_mode"]

["effects"] = 3,

["lights"] = 2,

["haze"] = 1,

["terrPrld"] = "20",

["height"] = 1024,

["resolution"] = "3840x1024",

["civTraffic"] = 0,

["width"] = 6400,

}, -- end of ["graphics"]

and this is the 4camera.lua

Description = 'ABRIS and Shkval on the right and with 3 identical monitors each with its own camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Left =

{

x = 1280;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 2;

aspect = 1.25;

},

Center =

{

x = 2560;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 2;

aspect = 1.25;

},

right =

{

x = 3840;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 2;

aspect = 1.25;

},

bottom =

{

x = 5120;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = -3;

aspect = 1.25;

}

}

Is there anyone that can help me?

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 133KB.

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 133KB.3947278330_68c23ab8ef_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

HEY BAD CrC!

how did you work with your monitors used for shkval? i like to know the details of your windows display config, multimonitor.lua file, graphics.cfg, and options.cfg...

im just trying to display one monitor for camera, and one for shkval, but the monitors have differen resolutions ( one at 1920x1080, and one at 1024x768...

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

ok, i got it to work.. i tried to follow your setup.. basically you positioned you monitors below the primary...

i tried to put the extended displays over instead of under...

wow.. but it really sux having to run in windowed mode, i get a 50% hit on performance!!!!!

you might as well, throw eye candy out the door when dealing with windowed mode..

went from 45fps on tarmac to 20....

uploading video...

SIMG_3203.JPG

So I have one TH2G for my center 3 screens (3 x 1280x1024) connected on the first output of my first graphic card, one 7 inch screen in the bottom center 800x600 (first output of my second graphic card) and one 1440x900 rotated 90 degrees at the bottom right (second output of my first graphic card). I'm running Win XP.

Ruprecht, thanks, I will have a careful look at your link.

WHAT IS YOUR FPS LIKE?

your using Windows XP i see...

my FPS isnt so go on windows 7... about 18 around city..

I HATE TO SEE MY SELF GO BACK TO XP.. i just done up an activation on Windows 7 !!!!!

***update***

Edited by hannibal

I tried running ABIRS on 7" touch screen and main screen on 24" and since their resolutions are very different I had to run BS in windowed mode and framerate was terrible... in single digits... otherwise when I run BS in full screen on 24" only framerate is great... so I gave up on it (this was not long ago while I was on Windows XP and I haven't tried the same on Windows 7 64bit I have now)

No longer active in DCS...

yea... i wonder how BaD CrC's setup runs..

im one windows 7, and it isnt great, and im running a 20" @ 1920x1080, and a 7" at 1024x768...

the best monitor setup i had was 2x 20" LCD vertically spanned top and bottom @ 1680x2100

im happy i can achieve this now in Windows 7 on full screen mode made possible by ATi AMD eyefinity....

The problem I have is getting the view of the cockpit right, in my multi monitor setup, I have tried all sorts of configurations and the best I can get is using a 4 camera setup one for each monitor but it still just does'nt look right, as in the picture attached, but as you can see there problems where the views have the same parts of the cockpit in them. I would really like to have my setup like this guys in this video http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE4NjYxNTI=.html, I have been trying hard but cant seem to get it to be one like one camera shown on all monitors.

This is from options.lua

["graphics"] =

{

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "4Cameras",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 1,

["scenes"] = "high",

["water"] = 3,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["aspect"] = 6.25,

["textures"] = 2,

["shadows"] = 3,

["display_mode"] =

{

["avi"] =

{

["bpp"] = 32,

["resolution"] = "640x480",

["full_screen"] = false,

["aspect"] = 1.333333333,

["height"] = 480,

["width"] = 640,

}, -- end of ["avi"]

}, -- end of ["display_mode"]

["effects"] = 3,

["lights"] = 2,

["haze"] = 1,

["terrPrld"] = "20",

["height"] = 1024,

["resolution"] = "3840x1024",

["civTraffic"] = 0,

["width"] = 6400,

and this is the 4camera.lua

Description = 'ABRIS and Shkval on the right and with 3 identical monitors each with its own camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Left =

{

x = 1280;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 2;

aspect = 1.25;

},

Center =

{

x = 2560;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 2;

aspect = 1.25;

},

right =

{

x = 3840;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 2;

aspect = 1.25;

},

bottom =

{

x = 5120;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = -3;

aspect = 1.25;

}

}

Is there anyone that can help me?

on my th2go setup to allow for the bezel gaps i move the display position in on the side monitors using the monitor's own user interface controls, provided you monitor allows such movement of the image.

so hopefully there's an inch or so of unused screen on the outside edge,

same with your bottom screen, just sacrifice a bit @ the bottom and move it up to align any diagonal lines of the pit.

(some image is in theory now behind the bezels)

those x and y positions may also be your answer, as i am sure you know they determined the camera positions.

you could try adding some x to the left and subtracting some x for the right, and also reducing the y on the bottom screen.

there are a couple of options for you to try, see how you go.

either way, great setup and good luck.

a lot of th2go owners could benefit from a bottom screen

Edited by G3

Sorry guys, I wasn't following this thread. I am giving details on fps in my topic.

Here is the current status:

SIMG_3680.JPG

With CPU i7 950 @ 3Ghz, FRAPS 3.0.2 is showing a steady 18FPS no matter the graphics settings which I think is really odd. The built in FPS tool of BS is displaying the numbers in the SHKVAL screen which makes them unreadable.

I pushed my i7 to 3.7 Ghz recently. I got the clear feeling that head movement are much smoother but I didn't measure the FPS yet with FRAPS. I will do that as soon as I get back home (this coming Friday).

BTW, the left cockpit screen is managed by a networked secondary PC which is running BSVP. No effect on the FPS in BS.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread but my question goes along with this topic. First off, I looked through the pages and there's a lot to read and grasp for this modification.

My setup is a 1920*1200 main monitor with 2 7" Ubisync mini monitors http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/pc-peripherals/monitors/essential/LS07LDPSF/EN/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

Since the 7" monitors are USB, can I have the camera and abris on those monitors?

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 2 weeks later...

untill now I am using BS with 2 monitors. One for the camera view and the second for the shvalk.

These two monitors are connected to my Nvidia 8800 GTS graphicard. No more HDMI output available !

I want now to connect a third monitor for the ABRIS. (10'')

What's the solution ? Buy a second graphic card ?

Thx for the support

Chris

Belgium

• 7 months later...

2 monitors...

Hi Masters, :helpsmilie:

If I want to setup 2 monitors, which distribution would be the best???

I have a ASUS FullHD 24" and a FUJI 19" monitors.

Thanks,

DonZorro

:pilotfly:

Bastiano Coimbra de la Coronilla y Azevedo...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well i would shoot main screen 24 obviously and the second monitor would have the Skhval and Abris showing....

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• 4 weeks later...

In late 2008 I posted this setup involving EEE PC 901: minishkval.jpg

Yesterday I hooked this up: screeny.jpg

Took a while to get around and buy a small screen (find a cheap one that is). It's also touchscreen, should I ever need the feature.

Edited by Fishu

Kuky, It appears you are the resident Guru on multiple monitors. I have purchased (2) 8" vga monitors and have a Samsung 24" monitor. I am thinking of buying a Matrox M series graphic card (model 9138) which Matrox says will support (3) monitors. Matrox has been in the simulator game for a long time going back to 60's and 70's when I was an engineer.

Your opinion, please

Rogueone

CPU AMD FX 8350 * core @ 4.3 GHZ/Font

MOBO ASUSSabertooth 990FX R2.0/Font

RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengence 1600/Font

Graphics 6970 & 6950 xfire

HD 750GB @ 7200 RPM

SSD HD Intel x-25 160GB

SSD HD 2 240 GB

Win 7 Pro

Controllers Warthog & Saitec Rudder

Track IR5 3 monitors 27" LCD and 2 10" VGA

Kuky, It appears you are the resident Guru on multiple monitors. I have purchased (2) 8" vga monitors and have a Samsung 24" monitor. I am thinking of buying a Matrox M series graphic card (model 9138) which Matrox says will support (3) monitors. Matrox has been in the simulator game for a long time going back to 60's and 70's when I was an engineer.

Your opinion, please

Rogueone

I just did a quick search for a review on gaming with the matrox card and came up with nothing. None of the company literature even mentions gaming with these cards. I'd be careful before dropping cash on these cards if you are only looking for multimonitor support....Nvidia and ATI support MM setups very well. I am running 4 monitors off of 2 Nvidia GTX 460's with very satisfactory results and plenty of others are using ATI. My opinion at this point is that the Matrox cards may be a bit of a disappointment in the 3D gaming arena.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

^^^

I tend to agree with airdog... I haven't seen anyone here saying they are running this sim with a Matrox graphics card (aren't they meant for professional graphics people, CAD drawings etc?)

Anyway, to have the least amount of problems and posibility to connect even more then 3 monitors down the line (you never know if you will add a touch screen like I did where I needed to get cheap secondary card) I can recomend Asus ATI HD 6970 which comes with 2 DVI ports (I think one of it might be single link DVI only but will still be fine for resolution up to 1920x1200) and 4 DisplayPorts... the only thing you need to check before you do get one is if it will physically fit in your case as it is quite large and it's not 2 but 3 PCI slots high! :)

I would not really recomend CF or dual GPU cards because they simply do not scale well in most games and you will likely come accross with issues like stuttering (because of not so good driver support for this kind of setup). I've had CF before with 2 HD4870 and although it did increase FPS compared to 1 card it did give me issues with stutters which seemed at the time related to v-sync... I hope more can chip in with their experiences

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Only thing Matrox video cards are good for are video walls and desktop productivity applications. Stick to NVIDIA or AMD for 3d performance hardware. Matrox has no track record in 3d gaming. I don't think their GPUs are remotely as powerful as anything in the last half decade NVIDIA or AMD has put out. They hold their own well for video walls and command center desktop commercial settings though.

Edited by BHawthorne

• 5 months later...

How to do it - 1680x1050 main screen, 1440x900 screen on the left on Win7 x64.

I've been trying everything I've read, spent hours and hours over the last 3 days and had real sods of a headache several times, and finally, by reading all 35 pages here, more at SimHQ and the VAAF wiki page, I have managed to suss this baby.

Here's how:

I found that it was impossible to make anything appear to the left of the START button on the taskbar - nothing would ever appear in my left monitor.

All the stuff I wanted to see was appearing on my main monitor, and the game screen was starting 1440 pixels along it, disappearing off to the right.

So I told Windows that my second screen was actually on the right.

You do this by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting "Screen Resolution" from the pop-up menu.

You get a box pop-up like the one below. It shows both your screens - you click on either of them to change the properties, which are displayed in the various boxes below it.

ScreenShot001.jpg

What you do here, is click on the secondary monitor on the left - hold down the left mouse button and drag the screen to right of the main display.

ScreenShot002.jpg

As far as windows is concerned, your display is now on the right, not on the left.

ScreenShot006.jpg

Please note that you now will no longer be able to move your mouse cursor off the left of the main screen onto the secondary. You have to move it off the right side of the main screen, and it will appear on the left side of your secondary. This can wind you up a bit when you forget and takes getting used to - you can just do this for when you want to fly BS, then change it back afterwards.

Also note that you can change the relative height of your second screen, compared to the main one.

You can put it aligned with the top, or aligned with the bottom, which is how I have it.

If you align with the top, you will need slightly different settings, which I will explain in the text files.

If you've not read any of this post up to here (shame on you!) you will also need to select "Extend these displays" in the properties and also run BS in windowed mode (untick the "Fullscreen" box in the options dialogue).

Okay, once you have reset the screen position (don't forget to click "Apply" - the screen will flash, and it will be done) you can set about changing your files.

Now I personally used the "shkval+camera.lua" file, becuase I knew I would never be using it in this installation at least, for flying in BS. You may prefer to create a separate file and edit that.

Here is what needs to be in it:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Shkval+Camera');

Description = 'Shkval on the left monitor, camera on the right';

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1680;

height = 1050;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 2400;

y = 240;

width = 720;

height = 450;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 1680;

y = 145;

width = 720;

height = 900;

}

Now, if you aligned the top of your secondary monitor with the top of your main screen, then you need to set the figure in bold to "0", so:

ABRIS =

{

x = 1680;

y = 0;

width = 720;

height = 900;

That's because this tells BS how far down from the height of your mainscreen to display the image.

The end of your options.lua should look like this:

["graphics"] =

{

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "shkval+camera",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 1,

["scenes"] = "high",

["water"] = 2,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["aspect"] = 2.9714285,

["textures"] = 2,

["shadows"] = 3,

["effects"] = 3,

["width"] = 3120,

["lights"] = 2,

["height"] = 1050,

["civTraffic"] = 0,

["resolution"] = "1680x1050",

["haze"] = 1,

The only things you need to change are "aspect" and "width".

Don't forget to use a text editor like notepad++ or Textpad - not standard windows stuff.

This is the result:

BS2mon-visual.jpg

Though this is actually what windows sees:

BS2mon-pc.jpg

That's it.

Have fun :)

JD