Official Update Please

Gary

Are we any nearer to knowing when a D/L version..preferably full version (the Russian version of course, due to rating issue for Western) or demo is going to be available please?

With pirated versions of the software available online I really cant understand why its not available now for those who want to pay for it????

The answer will help me decide if I need to pursue trying to get hold of a Russian retailer who can ship me a copy (legally) like some have already done.

I understand 1C distribute the software in the CIS and if my question needs to be directed to them, happy to do so...

Thanks in anticipation.

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

As far as I know, the Russian download version will NOT be available at all. Yeah I know, I was planning to buy the download version myself. The only option for you right now is to buy the Russian version from an internet store like I did (See the buying Russian version thread for more details). Or you can wait for the western release. :)

Good luck

Grave,

Thank you for the reply.

I think it has come to the point that I wil need to read the thread you refer to and get myself a shipped copy. I'm preety sure I have already looked at the site linked in the thread but couldnt read a word of it...lol

Dont suppose anyone has an English lanuage link for Russian retailer, in Russia who ships (flys) goods out to the West do they?

Now that would be really useful!

As far as I know, the Russian download version will NOT be available at all. Yeah I know, I was planning to buy the download version myself. The only option for you right now is to buy the Russian version from an internet store like I did (See the buying Russian version thread for more details). Or you can wait for the western release. :)

Good luck

Have you received this copy yet? how long is the ship time from Russia?

No, I didn't receive my copy yet, I ordered yesterday. It didn't mention the shipping time but I expect it to be from 2-10 weeks. Even though when I ordered Lomac FC from Russia it took only 2! days to reach Canada. They probably flew it and air dropped it with Tu-160 :P

No, I didn't receive my copy yet, I ordered yesterday. It didn't mention the shipping time but I expect it to be from 2-10 weeks. Even though when I ordered Lomac FC from Russia it took only 2! days to reach Canada. They probably flew it and air dropped it with Tu-160 :P

Please keep us updated. I am certanly interested in buying Russian version.

Thanks,

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Prophet wrote...

Dying here...

Rather Dying I´m bleeding frustration here....

More & More I think how to get this game from a russian webshop and more imposible it becomes.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic56197_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 Black Edition@3.2Ghz

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO 6Ghz DDR3 1033

NVidia Geforce GTX 570 hd1280 Mb GDDR5

We have no new news for the moment.

EB,

Really appreciate the reply...thank you for taking the time to do so. Not the news I wanted or expected......

I dont wish to sound negative, but seems like those of us who dont wish to support priacy are on our own here.

I did point out on another thread that the software is out there and available to download, yet we still have no firm committment from whoever to make it available to those of us who wish to buy a legal copy....sort of makes me wonder whos the mug here...me with my cash in hand and limited patience or those who pirate the software and merrily use it!

I am aware that "things" in the background and your contractual agreement with the distributors is probably part of the issue here but in the face of no firm details on this im guessing...not where I want to be...

Hopefully this post doesnt come across as an attack on anyone from ED or the forum moderators....thats not my intention, just as someone who deals with "customers" on a daily basis, Im frankly amazed that your prepared to sit back and let the pirates satisfy your customers needs instead of taking your potential customers money yourselves....Just makes no sense whatsoever......

Please do tell me (and I suspect a few others) on here why nothing has been made available?....or furthermore, no firm committment to do so?

Regards,

We understand that you are frustrated; again, the International version of Black Shark is slated for release in early 2009.

This is the way it's going to be. As for why nothing has been made available, nor a commitment to such - is an internal matter that us mods have no visibility on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

We understand that you are frustrated; again, the International version of Black Shark is slated for release in early 2009.

This is the way it's going to be. As for why nothing has been made available, nor a commitment to such - is an internal matter that us mods have no visibility on.

GGTharos,

Thank you for your reply too...I REALLY do appreciate you guys answering me.

However, I'm fully aware the western version is early next year...not good but at least I know....but that just makes the whole sorry saga of a D/L of the current Russian version more important to me, and a potential money spinner for ED....

Many, many on here would happily pay twice for this, once now for a Russian version, and again when the western version comes out...mad, maybe, supportive of ED....DEFINATELY.

My question is:

The software is out there but I want to pay for it...why stop me?...surely makes more sense to make that as easy as possible, not bloody stop me!!!

• Like 1

Gary, it seems your questions have already been answered in EB's open letter.

Among other changes to the release plan, it was decided that an online version of the Russian release would no longer be offered to western consumers as we had announced earlier. We do not feel it would be appropriate to explain this decision further, except to say that ED/TFC felt it warranted by the circumstances and deemed necessary to best protect the product and the company. It is your right to disagree.

You keep asking in numerous threads. I don't believe the answers are going to change. I don't intend to be offensive, but ED has given us all the information that they can at this point. Constantly asking is not going to draw out any more information. The best we can all do is wait and be patient.

IMO I dont understand.

It is said there will be no download available to the west to protect the product and company. But as has been stated by many, they would be willing to pay for both. I know we represent a small part of the buyers, but FFS!

No offense, but it is hard to be patient when there is an 'option' available.

Ugh. This makes my blood pressure rise. I need another beer.

• Like 1

This is the problem people like ED (developers) have all the time. The community wants to see movement and preferably a title to play/use ASAP. So the developers think they are being nice and give an estimate, that date comes and goes. Most people don't understand how these kind of deadlines/estimates really work, I work in the creative industry and I don't think I have ever hit my estimated completion date...ever.

The problem is people have the "well it's been two weeks and still nothing!" attitude and it just doesn't work like that. If your making coins, and you know your machine takes 2 seconds to make a coin you can give a fairly accurate estimate on delivery of a thousand coins. When ever creativity comes into the equasion your estimating on your experience but even that is increadibly fluffy at best.

The problem is made worse by ED themselves probably. They aren't tied to people like Ubi or EA who want it released on a date and that's it. ED seem to taking my aproach which is "it's ready when it's ready", but that can be bad as well, as something is never really finished, you can always polish it a bit more, tweak this, alter that etc.

Just be patient, when ED is ready for us to play it we will be able to play it. On the scale of things it's a few months and it's not like there are no other games out at the moment, try something a bit different and see if you enjoy it.

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Paul,

Please re-read my originl post and replies. I'm aware the Western version is due sometime new year and have no problem with that...Yes, id like it tomorrow please, but given we have been told next year...thats fine...

My post wasnt anything to do with unfinished work at all, its predominately about finished and available work.

Before anyone points out the open letter again, I'm also aware the Russian version is not meant for the Western market but the fact is I'd like to purchase a legal copy easily...Its my money and my choice and I dont see how me paying for something that is freely available for sale in the East can possibly be illegal but would appreciate confirmation on that....

Regards,

Gary, why do you keep asking the same questions over and over again? EvilBivol said in the letter that ED have certain reasons to do what they do, and they will not disclose them, plus EB already replied to your question and gave you some hints here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=558581&postcount=68

Everybody understands your concerns, but it doesn't help anybody to repeat them endlessly. :)

Its my money and my choice and I dont see how me paying for something that is freely available for sale in the East can possibly be illegal but would appreciate confirmation on that....

Regards,

As far as I am aware you can import a copy as long as you pay all the appropriate charges and taxes.

What your talking about is the downloadable version and it's been said that at the moment NO downloadable version is going to be available.

ED aren't forced to sell you there product, they don't have to sell it to anyone they don't want too.

As the letter says they need to secure the product for release onto the western market as well as the world via download.

That letter was written about a week ago if I remember correctly it says everything you need to know. I know it's tempting to think that "maybe something has changed", but in such a short time I don't think anything of significance will have done so. I am not really expecting any new news (is that gramitically correct?) until december time, if something comes along before then so be it.

All that said though, fingers crossed we get a demo for christmas!

Regards

Pail

• Like 1

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My question was probably better aimed at 1C and I recognise this is not the forum to do that.

I apologise for asking the same question on a couple of threads, although I believe the threads I did post in are the relevant ones.

I will leave you all in peace...for a while anyway...lol

Kind Regards,

Gary