the sky is black after update

• ED Team

Hi please include your dcs log it may have some clues 

C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS\logs

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
On 8/17/2021 at 3:10 PM, blackturbo said:

thanks tippis for pointing me in the right direction, turning off crossfire did the trick the sky isnt black anymore.

thank you for letting me know we do have this reported. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

I have the stable version I have black skies again.   I did reset AMD CARD back to factory reset.    I also got rid of the meta shader files and re-started the computer no help,

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Flappie I went to those setting and it shows that the cross fire in off.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Thanks. I don't see any issue and your graphcs driver is recent enough.

Please make sure you don't have an AMD profile for DCS in which Crossfire is enabled.

And maybe try uninstalling your graphis driver, reboot, then reinstall it. I have no more ideas at this point.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I uninstalled a rebooted and reinstalled no change the sky is black still.

Hello Flappie do you suggest that I should uninstall restart and reinstall this programs?

If I understand correctly, you already uninstalled your graphcis driver, rebooted, then reinstalled it.

You can try uninstalling / reinstalling DCS if you want, but I think you should first try renaming your "Saved Games/DCS..." folder as a backup (it contains your custom setting and your custom control bindings). Once renamed, start the game and see if the sky is still black.

only for the graphic drivers now am i to take the game off and reinstall.  Also I that the whole saved game/ DCS folder with everything in it.

Edited by VIKBELL

I didn't understand your last sentence. Please make a backup of our "Saved Games/DCS..." folder or you will lose your custom control bindings (among other things like your solo pilot career progression).

Ok I uninstalled the game and reinstalled there was no change the sky is black.

• 2 years later...
  • ED Team

Gentlemen, is somebody still see this issue?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы