Viggen Crash to Desktop

ElSanchoPancho

Hello, yesterday I discovered some strange bug in the Viggen. When doing a loop, I experience a crash when I'm on top of the loop or sometimes on the bottom of the loop. I can replicate this bug every time and some of my friend also can, but strangely some of them can't. Can you fix it?

im attaching a dcs log and i can even record it or give a track file if you want.

dcs.log

• Like 2

Your log shows several error messages for the Viggen module, for example:

ERROR   SOUND: can't load wave: "effects\aircrafts\cockpits\ajs37_datacartridge"

If you have the steam version of DCS, run a "verify integrity" by right clicking on the game -> Local Files. If you use the standalone version of DCS run the "DCS Repair" utility.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

28 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Your log shows several error messages for the Viggen module, for example:

ERROR   SOUND: can't load wave: "effects\aircrafts\cockpits\ajs37_datacartridge"

If you have the steam version of DCS, run a "verify integrity" by right clicking on the game -> Local Files. If you use the standalone version of DCS run the "DCS Repair" utility.

I have standalone version and DCS Repair utility shows nothing. Additionally I tried reinstalling DCS nad Viggen but nothing worked so far.

• 4 weeks later...

It is being tracked, and as it seems we have an internal fix now, we need to apply for the next patch. Thank you all in helping us solve the issue.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2021 at 4:02 AM, Atritas said:

Maybe the new patch re-introduced something?

This bug was not fixed, so nothing new.

• Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TRP | Rift CV1

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, Pixy67 said:

Viggen still crashes me to desktop

Do you have a log file you can upload here? It might have the reason why it crashes in it.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

7800X3D | RTX 4070 Ti S | 64GB 6000MHz RAM |

He didn't say he wasn't in a loop when firing the Rb-04's  :smartass::smartass::smartass:

Let's see if @Pixy67is able to find a log file.
I flew hundreds of loops during the last few days, and had no problems.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TRP | Rift CV1

It was in level flight.

Someone mentioned I Should delete my old flight plans, ill see if that helps.  I'll see if I can dig out the log file when I get home.

I don't want to give up on the Viggen just yet, but its been a long time since I've been able to fly it without any major issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had the Viggen CTD immediately when I put a data cartridge in (custom cartridge generated from F10 map marks). Anyone else had this happen?

Edit: Nevermind, seems to be working second time around.

Edited by Surrexen