Mission Editor Trigger Zone Question

ronht

Fisrt of all, let me say that this is one incredible simulation and one that will be a MUST HAVE for everyone the least bit interested in these types of simulations.

I've spent the afternoon playing with the Mission Editor which is MUCH improved over LockOn. While I know not to expect any product support until it's officially released here, I was wondering if anyone has figured out some of the Trigger Zone rules yet.

I set up a Trigger Zone with the following rule:

Once

Unit in Zone

(name of unit)

(name of zone)

Activate

Group

(name of group)

The results I'm looking for would be when I fly through the Trigger Zone, 2 opposing migs launch off of an airfield on a CAS mission over the area I'll be in, however, the migs always start when the mission starts before I'm anywhere near the Trigger Zone.

Just wondering if anyone else has been messing around with this yet.

Thanks

r

YES...

I mess with mission editor, is set up very much like Lomac which is good. But the trigger zone fucntion is very much like a no fire zone.. ..

The new targeting functing in mission editor is huge improvements...

:) Yes.. i did play LO in the past and could easily create mission that is dynmaic/fun.

I can not beleive i find a fourm like this.. Thank you's.

I just guess that is what the triggers do...

What did you find out ?

Basically you create all the units you want in the mission. Those units that you don't want to show up at mission start need to have a "Hold Time" entered under their group or units mission start time. The hold time can be when you want that unit to appear in the mission or set for several minutes or hours later so they never show up unless a trigger is met.

Now if you set a trigger zone with a rule that once your trigger zone parameters have been met, the units on hold will be activated into the mission before their "Hold Time" has expired. There are many ways this can be accomplished through the Trigger Zone Rules, it can be simply flying through an area, ground forces reaching an area or destroying all or part of a target or all of those things. The possibilities are varied and endless depending on what the mission designer is attempting to do.

As great as Black Shark is to fly, this improved Mission Editor adds far more to this simulation than I had ever expected. My hats off to all the hard work that has gone into this simulation, it has definitely been worth the wait. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Basically you create all the units you want in the mission. Those units that you don't want to show up at mission start need to have a "Hold Time" entered under their group or units mission start time. The hold time can be when you want that unit to appear in the mission or set for several minutes or hours later so they never show up unless a trigger is met.

Now if you set a trigger zone with a rule that once your trigger zone parameters have been met, the units on hold will be activated into the mission before their "Hold Time" has expired. There are many ways this can be accomplished through the Trigger Zone Rules, it can be simply flying through an area, ground forces reaching an area or destroying all or part of a target or all of those things. The possibilities are varied and endless depending on what the mission designer is attempting to do.

As great as Black Shark is to fly, this improved Mission Editor adds far more to this simulation than I had ever expected. My hats off to all the hard work that has gone into this simulation, it has definitely been worth the wait. :thumbup:

Amazing. That is awsome.

So you could have huge war planned but that it is set on trigger, You could have 80 Tanks and massive MLRS launch, on stby:) being on trigger your system will not bog down.

I only created simple missions so far but with that, the possiblilites are good.

I hope they pay the creaters of this game well becasue it unlike any.:book:

• 4 weeks later...
Fisrt of all, let me say that this is one incredible simulation and one that will be a MUST HAVE for everyone the least bit interested in these types of simulations.

I've spent the afternoon playing with the Mission Editor which is MUCH improved over LockOn. While I know not to expect any product support until it's officially released here, I was wondering if anyone has figured out some of the Trigger Zone rules yet.

Once

Unit in Zone

(name of unit)

(name of zone)

Activate

Group

(name of group)

The results I'm looking for would be when I fly through the Trigger Zone, 2 opposing migs launch off of an airfield on a CAS mission over the area I'll be in, however, the migs always start when the mission starts before I'm anywhere near the Trigger Zone.

Thanks

r

OK finally figured it out - WOW this mission editor is AMAZING when you see what you can do with it. I love the triggers, it's surprising just how many different ways a single mission can play depending on what happens when.

I'm having the same problem... can you explain how you fixed this please!

(and yes i'm playing in multiplayer as server - but units are present b4 i enter the zone)

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

You must set the time when this group or unit show AFTER the mission time starts.

Read the official FAQ, i think it says 23 hours AFTER the mission starts.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

You must set the time when this group or unit show AFTER the mission time starts.

Read the official FAQ, i think it says 23 hours AFTER the mission starts.

Thanks alot.. thought i'd read all the FAQs... must of missed that one :thumbup::thumbup:

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

The only problem you will find with triggers is that un-activated objects are invisible until activated. E.g. you could not have a convoy waiting for you to destroy a tank before it began moving (at least not a convoy that you could see!). Not a big deal, but it would be nice to specify whether units were going to be visible or invisible before activation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Hi,

First post here, but not the first read ! As says, thanks Ed team for this simulation !:joystick:

I've a simple question : no prob to activate a unit, but what about desactivation ? For example, I need an artillery fire for a period of time, can I stop them whem my chopper comes in a trigger area ? I didn't find a way for this kind of things.

TIA.

The only problem you will find with triggers is that un-activated objects are invisible until activated. E.g. you could not have a convoy waiting for you to destroy a tank before it began moving (at least not a convoy that you could see!). Not a big deal, but it would be nice to specify whether units were going to be visible or invisible before activation.
RTFM - there is a "Visible before start" check box in the ground unit properties menu.
Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

RTFM - there is a "Visible before start" check box in the ground unit properties menu.

Doh! Shame on me! Thanks EvilBivol-1! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

• 3 weeks later...

In the missions that came with Black Shark, the mission builder put 99 in the very last box for any mission that is activated by a trigger zone. I don't know what time that last box is, days, months, weeks, whatever, but I use that when I build missions and it has never failed.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

99 is set as the "time hold" value for ground unit activation in some missions and refers to days. In hindsight, it may be better to set the time hold value to 23 hours. Now bear with me...

The editor allows you to set the specific day of the calendar year in which the mission takes place. This is important if you want the player to experience the accurate sky (sun, moon, stars) and daylight times.

Setting the season in the weather settings merely chances the land textures and default temperatures. The actual mission day is set in the briefing screen, after the '/'. Note, IIRC, the editor uses June 1st as the starting date (day '0'). So, if you set the season to Winter in the weather properties, but left the default 'day 0' in the briefing, the mission is actually taking place on a very cold and snowy summer day. :)

Now, to bring this full circle, if your mission is set in Spring (for example) and you want to accurately portray the sky, the mission start in the briefing should probably be something over 200 (June 1st plus 200 days later). Hence the problem with 99 days. If your Time Hold value in the Ground Unit Properties is set to 99 days, it will activate the units at mission start when the mission date is set to anything over 99.

:yay:

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Note, IIRC, the editor uses June 1st as the starting date (day '0'). So, if you set the season to Winter in the weather properties, but left the default 'day 0' in the briefing, the mission is actually taking place on a very cold and snowy summer day. :)
Didn't know that :huh: So sky colors are also different?

Once

Unit in Zone

(name of unit)

(name of zone)

Activate

Group

(name of group)

Thanks

r

Ok to get the trigger to work properly. When you go to the migs box look at the hold time at botom. set it to 23:00.00 is the time set for a trigger to atavite that unit. every thing els looks good.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

• 2 weeks later...