ED - how do they survive?

McVittees

Okay, I downloaded Black Shark from the 1C website and it cost me less than £12.

£12.

Now, I'm not an economist and I am going to buy the english version, but how on earth do developers like ED survive on margins like this? If 1C are selling it for so little how much are ED getting? Bearing in mind Blackshark is not going to sell 500,000 copies I wonder if ED do it just for the love! Or are products like Blackshark subsidised by work they do for governments (ala StealBeasts Pro PE)?

What's all the more suprising is the impression from reading this forum is ED seem to have a stable and clear vision of the future that will actually happen!

Can anyone shed some light on they achive this remarkable feat?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Exactly like said ZaltysZ.

Various countires have different proportions between earnings and life costs. For Polish guy it would be really expensive in some countires, but for people who live in this "expensive" country prices aren't too high cos they earn much.

Don't forget about military contracts... and possible another un-public things (contracts, ect) which we don't know ;)

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Falcon 4 sold ~800,000 copies (excluding AF). ;)

Well here's to hoping ED beat 'em! They've definitely got the best product I've come accross since F4 was released!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Additonally what people tend to forget that only a minority of game customers goes on forums and participate in the "community life". Most people buy a game, download the patches and don't even play online.

Don't underestimate this customer base numbers.

QFT, QFT, QFT!

I'd be totally in that boat too if simulations weren't complex and I didn't need some help when I started playing them. Asking for help eventually became actively participating in the community since flight sims are based on interesting real-life things. In contrast, I play other games but I have no contact with anyone online about them, only my offline friends.

As i'm from Russia i can say that price of 12? is fair enough for us - not too cheap and also not too expensive (for instance Crysis is sold for 35? in our country)

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

As i'm from Russia i can say that price of 12? is fair enough for us - not too cheap and also not too expensive (for instance Crysis is sold for 35? in our country)

Wow, thats interesting. I am in the USA and IIRC, I bought Crysis for less than what BS will cost me.

Well now that we know what it cost in Russia, I think its safe to say for the western world it will cost 3 to 5 times as much. cause i don't think ED will be selling BS in the US for $11.34 cents.... which is fine, heck the Tax on it here in the US will probably cost more than what the sim cost in Russia....

Well , as it ll never come to Brazil i m just waiting for online download.

Ny russian is zero, so i ll wait for the western edition to download.

Some people already downloaded it with torrent but are having no fun, they are fighting the game not learning it.

Dont worrie , must of the people, like me, will re-purchase the game once my English version come out available.

It will be a pleasure, I think that the BS future is guarantied.

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Most people buy a game, download the patches and don't even play online.

Don't underestimate this customer base numbers.

I always wanted to play LOFC online but never could figure it out ,bet it would be fun. I do play games like COD,Battlefield ect...omline.:D

Even though they havent really sold anything to US customers (aside from BS in russian) since FC came out...

He's refering to the A-10C simulator for the USAF, not BlackShark. :smilewink:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD