Canopy/Display fogging/icing

FalcoGer

I think I was just being informative, I don't need to read it <hint hint>, I'd suggest to wait for ED to official releases a manual because some of the things won't be for 1-1 if I were to dig into anything.  I don't think I was disrespectful but if you took it I'm sorry. Either way, I'm probably gonna stop responding too you because you aren't taking the info well. 

Edited by kgillers3
more clarification.
  • Like 1

ED's manual will be incomplete, simplified and possibly faulty. How am I supposed to make feature requests and bug reports of things that are based on the real thing only in the third instance (ie. real apache - apache module - manual for the apache module)? I have nothing to compare it to otherwise.

If they're going to skip on things, I could only find out through the real deal.

Besides all that I want to be semi proficient and knowing what's going on by the time they release.

11 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

ED's manual will be incomplete, simplified and possibly faulty. How am I supposed to make feature requests and bug reports of things that are based on the real thing only in the third instance (ie. real apache - apache module - manual for the apache module)? I have nothing to compare it to otherwise.

If they're going to skip on things, I could only find out through the real deal.

Besides all that I want to be semi proficient and knowing what's going on by the time they release.

"don't make requests yet, there are plenty of us helping out" - not me lol I had too.  Was talking with one of the advisors to ed when this occurring. It’s all in fun don’t take it seriously 

Real talk, there are a bunch of peeps who flew this platform especially during this period trying to make it as realistic as possible without breaching any boundaries but also giving a fun for the peeps who want to just have a good time. 

Edited by kgillers3
Clarification
  • Like 2

I want to have a good time with in depth systems modeling and learning how to fly an aircraft as close to the real deal as possible and use real procedures. Isn't that what a simulator is about? If ED is going to skimp out on features that the real bird has then that needs to be fixed. I am making my requests now so they can work on it early. Or I'm making requests about features that were optional for the real apache and could be optional or missing from ED, such as the emergency checklists being displayed. If not in the DTC they wouldn't be there, but I would like them to be.

ED has been taking shortcuts for IFF. I want real IFF, not magic IFF. Even if the protocol itself is classified, you can find out from unclassified sources how it's supposed to work and look, so model that. The JF17 did it just fine although I wouldn't have minded if they called it mode 4 instead of 6 despite not being a "real" mode 4.

If people don't want canopy fogging then they will skip on it. I am saying I want the FULL experience. That includes adverse weather operation and procedures and the consequences if they are not followed properly.

They did promise anti ice, so I assume that includes winter ops procedures, so I will not ask for it unless it's incomplete.

I wonder why you have to argue with me on every turn. I'm not asking for anything impossible or illegal.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

I want to have a good time with in depth systems modeling and learning how to fly an aircraft as close to the real deal as possible and use real procedures. Isn't that what a simulator is about? If ED is going to skimp out on features that the real bird has then that needs to be fixed. I am making my requests now so they can work on it early. Or I'm making requests about features that were optional for the real apache and could be optional or missing from ED, such as the emergency checklists being displayed. If not in the DTC they wouldn't be there, but I would like them to be.

ED has been taking shortcuts for IFF. I want real IFF, not magic IFF. Even if the protocol itself is classified, you can find out from unclassified sources how it's supposed to work and look, so model that. The JF17 did it just fine although I wouldn't have minded if they called it mode 4 instead of 6 despite not being a "real" mode 4.

If people don't want canopy fogging then they will skip on it. I am saying I want the FULL experience. That includes adverse weather operation and procedures and the consequences if they are not followed properly.

They did promise anti ice, so I assume that includes winter ops procedures, so I will not ask for it unless it's incomplete.

I wonder why you have to argue with me on every turn. I'm not asking for anything impossible or illegal.

Release for all of us 2021 ... Release for you 2030 👌

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MadMaxQcZ said:

Release for all of us 2021 ... Release for you 2030

I am not saying it needs to be right away. Obviously this has lower priority than other things. But I would like to see it included anyhow at some point. There is no reason to be like that.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

+1

i do 100% agree, that canopy foging should be a thing – at least somewhere at the end of the early access. definitelly not at start of EA.

it is a thing in the JF17, and i hope it will be one in the F18 and F16 too at some point. it is imho a nice addition to the realism.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FalcoGer said:

Or when you turn on the heater in the cold.

Only on startup of the apu. Haven't had em fog up during flight, the downwash keeps the canopy pretty clear even in rain. Haven't ran into a need to turn it on during flight yet. Not saying there's not a very specific instance that it would be needed, but everyone I've ever talked too and my personal experience it has not been needed.

Side note, that's why i found this request in particular amusing. The misunderstanding of what actually occurs, but the demand of it being realistic.  Realistic, most dudes have ever touched the defog once apu is on up until blades are turning to help clear the canopy.  The assumption, that it's used in flight. 

Also, more prevalent during hot days, not cold days 

Also, it's super annoying to have on because it's noisy, sometimes if the heat sucks, I'll turn it on for a bit of extra heat, but it's so noisy. 

Edited by kgillers3
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

We need to add animated ground crew with ice scrapers clearing frost or snow off the Apache when it is snowing in the game.  It adds to realism.

This is funny, I like your jokes. 

if it’s serious, the deicing process would occur to prior to even getting into the helicopter, no scrapers on the canopy or blades and you would likely be involved in that process. And I apologize because I assumed this was a joke. 

Edited by kgillers3

No no... what I'd like is the ability for the canopy to fog up, and then using VR hand sensors I can use my fingers to write little messages and draw little pictures in the condensation. Now that's realism.

Before the blades start turning. Obviously. Then my little drawings would disappear. But then the next time I hop in cold and dark... the drawings would come back! REALISM.

• Like 2

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

2 hours ago, stormrider said:

Not unless its a rainbow refraction!

Lol

3 hours ago, LooseSeal said:

No no... what I'd like is the ability for the canopy to fog up, and then using VR hand sensors I can use my fingers to write little messages and draw little pictures in the condensation. Now that's realism.

Before the blades start turning. Obviously. Then my little drawings would disappear. But then the next time I hop in cold and dark... the drawings would come back! REALISM.

Tic tac toe with the crew chief?