Roadmap for the Supercarrier?

Stearmandriver

10 minutes ago, RaisedByWolves said:

What is the point of the briefing room?   I get the airboss station. 

Asking for a friend.

While ago there was/is a briefing room from VNAO https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3310351/

It was awesome in VR. You can have your squadron and brief with syncronized screens. The one from ED i think it will have a greenie board for landing stats (something i´m eager for). The point is to have a dedicated place for briefings within the Supercarrier module rather than looking to mission editor or to Discord channel.

You don´t need a squadron to use it of course, it will be a place to be before starting a mission.

From ED site: "The 3D Briefing Room will offer interactive squadron meeting capability. This is particularly interesting for multiplayer action, pre-mission start and for after action review. Our Integrated Voice Chat will also allow real-time coms with your squadron. An interactive map, PLAT camera, Greenie and Kill boards will provide simultaneous online statistics during mission progression. Each pilot seat in the briefing room includes an interactive tablet that will allow you to control the fueling and arming of your aircraft."

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

3 hours ago, fagulha said:

From ED site: "The 3D Briefing Room will offer interactive squadron meeting capability. This is particularly interesting for multiplayer action, pre-mission start and for after action review. Our Integrated Voice Chat will also allow real-time coms with your squadron. An interactive map, PLAT camera, Greenie and Kill boards will provide simultaneous online statistics during mission progression. Each pilot seat in the briefing room includes an interactive tablet that will allow you to control the fueling and arming of your aircraft."

If they plan the ability to make waypoints for your flights in MP, the briefing room will be gold plated in my opinion.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Baaz said:

If they plan the ability to make waypoints for your flights in MP, the briefing room will be gold plated in my opinion.

Even if not possible at launch i believe that afterwards will be something ED consider to implement along the road, things tend to improve.

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

It'll be awesome to brief up a sortie in multiplayer in the briefing room, only to get into jets on deck and find that you still can't see the deck crew at night, and the cat crews often ignore both player and AI aircraft... when an AI wingman spawns or taxis to a waist cat he's stuck fouling the deck for the remainder of the mission... bugs that usually require a few mission restarts until you get lucky and things work... yeah, that room will be great though.   😉

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
On 1/12/2022 at 1:51 PM, Stearmandriver said:

It'll be awesome to brief up a sortie in multiplayer in the briefing room, only to get into jets on deck and find that you still can't see the deck crew at night, and the cat crews often ignore both player and AI aircraft... when an AI wingman spawns or taxis to a waist cat he's stuck fouling the deck for the remainder of the mission... bugs that usually require a few mission restarts until you get lucky and things work... yeah, that room will be great though.   😉

If you are seeing issues, and it seems like you are, make sure they are properly reported in the Bugs section with tracks and we will make sure the team addresses them. All aspects you mention, including the Briefing room are important to the final release. Getting good reports and tracks is a huge benefit to getting bugs addressed. Thanks.

• Like 3

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

12 hours ago, NineLine said:

If you are seeing issues, and it seems like you are, make sure they are properly reported in the Bugs section with tracks and we will make sure the team addresses them. All aspects you mention, including the Briefing room are important to the final release. Getting good reports and tracks is a huge benefit to getting bugs addressed. Thanks.

I appreciate the effort, but you guys sometimes talk like reporting a bug will cause miracles or something, there are bugs reported many times, acknowledged, and they are still present after months or even years. The solution is not to report bugs, its fixing them.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

• ED Team
7 hours ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

I appreciate the effort, but you guys sometimes talk like reporting a bug will cause miracles or something, there are bugs reported many times, acknowledged, and they are still present after months or even years. The solution is not to report bugs, its fixing them.

If they are reported, then we will get to them. Not everything is simple to fix as it may seem on the outside. Anyways, this seems to be drifting off topic, when we have more info on the SC, we will release it in the newsletter or in changelogs. Thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png