F-15E WIP Update Discussion

DSplayer

Yup, can’t download it any more.

I am not sure if it would be appropriate, I can share mine.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/173EInsh2UzZAjAvlRRbkd7YzuQ4sPGKL/view?usp=sharing

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Guys, my question is almost 100% inherent to the present topic.

I'm quite a freshman on DCS, having purchased FC3  months ago and gone through almost all the campaigns meanwhile.

Now I really wish to go deep into a PFM and taste the wholesomeness of a complete simulation.

I loved the sea launched operations of the Su 33 and on FC3 I am really into the fancy of superfast ground pounding, so the best catch would be the Hornet.

Anyway, I am really under the thumb of the Strike Eagle since I played the Jane's sim in the far nineties and the bigger power, dual crew and (maybe) higher payload would be actually a plus to me. Also, the reduced price waiting for the final release is a bonus.

My question is: in your opinion, what was the usual condition of a module at launch? What will be the condition of the Strike Eagle at launch and will it be sufficiently complete to get fun from it or rather to be frustrated by it?

29 minutes ago, Tanker90 said:

Also, the reduced price waiting for the final release is a bonus.

the summer sale is very near, around the 29th of this month, the Hornet seems like a better fit for you.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

37 minutes ago, Tanker90 said:

I'm quite a freshman on DCS, having purchased FC3  months ago and gone through almost all the campaigns meanwhile.

Now I really wish to go deep into a PFM and taste the wholesomeness of a complete simulation.

I loved the sea launched operations of the Su 33 and on FC3 I am really into the fancy of superfast ground pounding, so the best catch would be the Hornet.

Anyway, I am really under the thumb of the Strike Eagle since I played the Jane's sim in the far nineties and the bigger power, dual crew and (maybe) higher payload would be actually a plus to me. Also, the reduced price waiting for the final release is a bonus.

My question is: in your opinion, what was the usual condition of a module at launch? What will be the condition of the Strike Eagle at launch and will it be sufficiently complete to get fun from it or rather to be frustrated by it?

Or, if you value payload more than speed, the A-10 II. However, you can go with the Streagle if you desire. The devs made pretty clear, that a WSO is optional.

The Hornet and Warthog are more polished by now in regards to functions, but the Streagle is more modern module after all.

My solution would probably be, buy them all….😅😜

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 ora fa, Hiob ha scritto:

Or, if you value payload more than speed, the A-10 II. However, you can go with the Streagle if you desire. The devs made pretty clear, that a WSO is optional.

The Hornet and Warthog are more polished by now in regards to functions, but the Streagle is more modern module after all.

My solution would probably be, buy them all….😅😜

😂 thinking to do so actually 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanker90 said:

I am pretty sure that I will find the missing or broken features pretty frustrating. I'm not planning on putting any real effort into it for probably at least a year. 

35 minutes ago, Scott-S6 said:

I am pretty sure that I will find the missing or broken features pretty frustrating. I'm not planning on putting any real effort into it for probably at least a year. 

Even if incomplete. The modern Jets have usually plenty of Systems to learn and to master right from the get go. I mean real pilots are trained for month or even longer in a full time job.

I‘ve never found myself thinking „man, I mastered everything. I‘d wish there were more systems to learn!“ 😅

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

18 hours ago, Tanker90 said:

Another relevant factor: do you play mostly multiplayer or single player? A lot of modules are released with very little single player content, but you should be OK for multiplayer.

1 hour ago, FMBluecher said:

Another relevant factor: do you play mostly multiplayer or single player? A lot of modules are released with very little single player content, but you should be OK for multiplayer.

Swapping modules in a mission using the mission editor is fairly trivial though, as is creating your own missions (if you don't want to do anything too clever).

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

3 ore fa, FMBluecher ha scritto:

mostly SP. As of now, I felt not so much confident to get into MP.

Anyway, yes, purchasing whatever module I will buy, I'll definitely use it to also start understanding MP mechanics. The F15E could be fun doing so, being a two seater (my guess at least).

On 6/16/2023 at 12:02 AM, Hiob said:

Even if incomplete. The modern Jets have usually plenty of Systems to learn and to master right from the get go. I mean real pilots are trained for month or even longer in a full time job.

I‘ve never found myself thinking „man, I mastered everything. I‘d wish there were more systems to learn!“ 😅

And then that system you learn gets changed. Or you're trying to learn it and are sure you're doing it correctly but a recent update broke it. Or a system is implemented and working but a couple of key features are missing which changes how you can can use it substantially. Etc. It's always a mess in EA.

If it was purely a case of systems being missing and they get slowly added over time that would be much less irritating. 

Edited by Scott-S6
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scott-S6 said:

And then that system you learn gets changed. Or you're trying to learn it and are sure you're doing it correctly but a recent update broke it. Or a system is implemented and working but a couple of key features are missing which changes how you can can use it substantially. Etc. It's always a mess in EA.

If it was purely a case of systems being missing and they get slowly added over time that would be much less irritating. 

That is the nature of EA, isn't it?

Also, I would argue that Systems get updated and replaced and procedures changed in real life, too. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 7:02 PM, Hiob said:

that’s because you are the DCS kind of user who likes to learn and experience an aircraft in detail … there are many other kind of users who couldn’t care less about systems:

for example there is the hardware tinkerer, who uses DCS mostly as a kind of benchmark software, fixated on fps and tweaks to increase them.

There is the film maker, who plays DCS mostly to record tracks with materials for his action videos.

There is the RC pilot, who always flies in third person, watching the aircraft from outside.

There is the competitive player, always worried that a patch may nerf his favorite missile.

There is the statistical player, always making polls to determine which is the better aircraft to purchase.

I’m sure there are others that I’m forgetting 🙂

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

6 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

that’s because you are the DCS kind of user who likes to learn and experience an aircraft in detail … there are many other kind of users who couldn’t care less about systems:

for example there is the hardware tinkerer, who uses DCS mostly as a kind of benchmark software, fixated on fps and tweaks to increase them.

There is the film maker, who plays DCS mostly to record tracks with materials for his action videos.

There is the RC pilot, who always flies in third person, watching the aircraft from outside.

There is the competitive player, always worried that a patch may nerf his favorite missile.

There is the statistical player, always making polls to determine which is the better aircraft to purchase.

I’m sure there are others that I’m forgetting 🙂

Yes true. And every motivation is equally valid as far as I'm concerned. And every type of player can express their whishes and needs towards ED (preferably in a friendly and humble demeanor). 🤗

I was merely trying to point out, that even in early EA states, we usually get the most sophisticated and in depth simulation of the aircraft we ever had and personally I try to value the things I have rather than worry about the things I don't (in this context at least). That was meant to give another point of view not to lecture. 🤗

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hiob said:

That is the nature of EA, isn't it?

Also, I would argue that Systems get updated and replaced and procedures changed in real life, too. 

Exactly, which is why I will wait until closer to completion to engage properly with the module, as I said. I have much better things to do with my time than relearn a system that's changed because it was previously incorrect/incomplete or find a workaround for something that's been broken by the latest update. 

In real life those changes you reference are accompanied by proper documentation delivered prior to the change which is almost universally not the case here in EA so I think that is a pretty poor comparison.

Edited by Scott-S6
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hiob said:

I was merely trying to point out, that even in early EA states, we usually get the most sophisticated and in depth simulation of the aircraft we ever had

True. But we'll have an even more sophisticated and in depth (and complete) simulation that lacks all the hassle which goes with EA just by waiting a while. That's a great trade-off in my opinion. YMMV

Edited by Scott-S6
  • Like 1

Want a feature complete module without the hassle of having systems change or be added - skip EA and wait.

Want to get it earlier and don't mind the change - get it in EA.

No-one is forced down either path, just pick the one you are most comfortable with......

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

Just now, AhSoul said:

Want a feature complete module without the hassle of having systems change or be added - skip EA and wait.

Want to get it earlier and don't mind the change - get it in EA.

No-one is forced down either path, just pick the one you are most comfortable with......

Or, split the difference. Muck about with it in EA and dive deeper once it's more complete. 

• Like 2