CMS switch on A-10C vs A-10CII

lwalter

I asked the question in the "bug" section, but got no answer. Maybe because the bug was already considered closed.

Anyways, here's the question: for the A-10C (original) is the CMS switch supposed to work as in the A-10CII documentation or as in the A-10C original documentation in real life?

I'm confused because now that I have both versions, the CMS switch has the same keybindings for both versions: they're aligned on the A-10C II documentation.

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

As I recall, this question has been asked before and we simply don't know. I'm not aware of any official answer from ED, and I'm also not aware of any response from people in the know regarding the real aircraft.

My guess is this is simply a documentation error with the old A-10C module.

• Like 2

Yeah, this is incredibly confusing as there was absolutely no kind of information on the changes for the old A-10C of any sorts. The CMS controls just suddenly changed for the old A-10C when the A-10C II arrived and there was no information about it. The manual even still shows the old CMS controls, which is incorrect now. It's totally unclear if this CMS controls change for the A-10C was deliberate or by mistake.

ED is awkwardly quiet on the A-10C in general. No comment on the CMS changes on the old A-10C, no comment on the missing radio for the A-10C II... :noexpression:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks!

That's really incredible that ED doesn't comment on this! I don't know if they made an error on the original A-10C or on the development of the A-10C II that overwrote the A-10C behaviour. In both case, it's OK because it can happen, but at least, for a simulator like DCS that is praised for its accuracy, it would be great to know how it's supposed to work in reality for both A-10C and A-10C II.

• Like 1

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

13 hours ago, lwalter said:

Thanks!

That's really incredible that ED doesn't comment on this! I don't know if they made an error on the original A-10C or on the development of the A-10C II that overwrote the A-10C behaviour. In both case, it's OK because it can happen, but at least, for a simulator like DCS that is praised for its accuracy, it would be great to know how it's supposed to work in reality for both A-10C and A-10C II.

Yeah, we're all wondering about that for many months now... @BIGNEWY @NineLine

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 8 months later...

The CMS switch has the same behavior in both the A-10C and A-10C II modules.

However, the documentation still shows the old and outdated behavior for the old A-10C module.

So it's still unclear whether it was accidentally changed in the A-10C, or if the manual for the A-10C is just outdated.

• Like 1