Markpoints off Target

Dagger52

I've tested the new Markpoint feature and tried to create 4 different target's.

In my first try i tried to fire 4 Mavericks on markpoint 26-29 created with my TGP and i noticed that the Maverick is slewing 200m short.

In my second try, to be shure that it is not a Maverick seeker slew issue, I used 4 GBU38 on 4 Markpoints also created with the TGP and also the Bombs fall short.

Markpoint Off Target.trk

56 minutes ago, Dagger52 said:

No I did not. But I just used the TGP for creating the markpoints and set it to stby after that. Then I selected the markpoint 26 and dropped the first bomb switched to 27 and dropped the second and so on

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

You might have inadvertantly introduced a delta. That delta will persist untill you press CZ or TMS down (iirc). Matt specifically talks about it in his video @ 3:10.

• ED Team

I will double check but as far as I am aware you only have to remove the offset if you slew off the steerpoint and then switch to a different steerpoint without first removing the slew.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Dagger52 said:

Is it like a offset in my current steer point ?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Yes. I am not fully versed in the logic, when the offset (delta) does and does not carry over. But Matt specifically mentions it in the markpoint video. So you could try to CZ and see if the offset resets.

8 hours ago, Sinclair_76 said:

Yes. I am not fully versed in the logic, when the offset (delta) does and does not carry over. But Matt specifically mentions it in the markpoint video. So you could try to CZ and see if the offset resets.

If you have slews (difference between destination and steerpoint) then they will carry over into mark points. But having slews won't make the numerical position of the marks wrong. The system knows where the offset point is slews or not. Watching the STPT DED page while slewing you should see the STPT numbers change in real time to reflect steerpoint position change.

• Thanks 1