Dynamic Campaign Discussion

taitaiwoo

This DC is going to be amazing. I cannot wait as I enjoy SP stuff.

• Like 2

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Will be possible to edit/populate our AFB´s with statics with the Dynamic Campaign like we do with SP? (i have my AFB´s and Aircraft carriers populated with statics, random traffic, etc).

Thank you.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

6 hours ago, fagulha said:

Hi everyone,

Will be possible to edit/populate our AFB´s with statics with the Dynamic Campaign like we do with SP? (i have my AFB´s and Aircraft carriers populated with statics, random traffic, etc).

Thank you.

F.

Apart from ED, nobody knows any details about the DC, so you won't get anything but guesstimates from the community at this time.

My guess/expectation is, that we'll be able to edit individual DC missions, similarly like we can with Liberation Campaign. But this guess is based on nothing at all..

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

55 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Apart from ED, nobody knows any details about the DC, so you won't get anything but guesstimates from the community at this time.

My guess/expectation is, that we'll be able to edit individual DC missions, similarly like we can with Liberation Campaign. But this guess is based on nothing at all..

I wasn´t expecting a reply from the users because we know so little about the DC, just trying my luck to see if someone of ED read this and reply.

Either the way, thank you for taking your time to reply. My expectaction are the same than yours.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 1 month later...

If DCS is really in financial trouble (IDK).  Releasing the Dynamic Campaign should make them some good cash. If the module is priced somewhere between $50 - $70 this will bring in some positive cash flow. Unlike the planes or terrain mods, the Dynamic Campaign is something every DCS user will benefit from adding to their collection.  It will also extend the life of the sim IMO.  I hope they keep working on it and release it sooner rather then later. 

Edited by MVS-Viper

Image36.jpg

ED haven't released the DCE because it's not ready yet. ED's financial state doesn't make a function or module more releasable, and I'm sure they're currently working at it.

From my perspective, the benefit of the DCE being introduced isn't just the income they get from current customers who may upgrade to it - it's the potential attraction to a lot of other yet-to-be customers that may be attracted to DCS once it's released. But again, you can't release a product until it's actually ready for release so financial benefit or not - it will be released when they have it at a releasable stage. There is something very attractive about 'advancing' through a dynamic scenario than just playing individual skirmish missions. 

IDK - but I suspect they may be both finding it far more difficult to develop than they first anticipated, and also the possible rapid enhancement of certain technology such as AI and the potential it could bring for dynamic campaigns may also be pushing some things back as they may be considering implementing this ever-changing technology as well. Given that another flight sim that's currently 'back in development' that already has a DCE that people admire from years ago is being worked on again - ED have competition, so I figure they're not just working on 'another DCE' to give similar features, but they're probably exploring a far more advanced DCE to stand out. 

Another factor I suspect they could also be hitting are the same issues that us large mission designers / server admins face as well, which is performance issues with lots of units. If this is an issue for their DCE, then this would need to be addressed first before their DCE comes out. If these guesses are true, DCS may need Vulkan to be out, and multi-threading to be complete for AI, physics and server coding, before DCE can be finalized. 

As much as I hate to say it - I'm not expecting the DCE for another 4-5 years, and am planning my expectations accordingly. I do hope I'm wrong though, but in some ways when I consider what may need to be done first, I also do hope I'm right (and it's not later than 5 years). 

Edited by Dangerzone

16 hours ago, MVS-Viper said:

Good points.  Maybe the devs can talk to this guy.  He designed the Falcon 4 Dynamic Campaign engine. 

ED have stated from the start they want to do something different, more unique to DCS - and as far as I understand also more in-depth, which is why it's taking this long.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

2 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

ED have stated from the start they want to do something different, more unique to DCS - and as far as I understand also more in-depth, which is why it's taking this long.

Which is awesome and I wish them nothing but success.   However, it wouldn’t hurt to talk to the guy who set the standard. From his comments in the video it seems like he would be willing to share some of his expertise 👍

Image36.jpg

55 minutes ago, MVS-Viper said:

Which is awesome and I wish them nothing but success.   However, it wouldn’t hurt to talk to the guy who set the standard. From his comments in the video it seems like he would be willing to share some of his expertise 👍

ED will be setting their own standard. When you look at the complexity of the sim already it will require a new standard.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

If DCS is really in financial trouble (IDK).  Releasing the Dynamic Campaign should make them some good cash. If the module is priced somewhere between $50 - $70 this will bring in some positive cash flow. Unlike the planes or terrain mods, the Dynamic Campaign is something every DCS user will benefit from adding to their collection.  It will also extend the life of the sim IMO.  I hope they keep working on it and release it sooner rather then later. 

Have they changed their stand and will sell the DCE as a module? I might have missed that.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Have they changed their stand and will sell the DCE as a module? I might have missed that.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

I doubt it: they always said it will be a part of the DCS core and I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.
It would be quite silly to offer it as a paid module when the DCE is meant to attract new people into the sim 🤔

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

@Raven68 ED will be setting their own standard. When you look at the complexity of the sim already it will require a new standard.

We may have to agree to disagree on this one as I believe the Falcon 4 Campaign engine was as complex if not more so than DCS. Btw as of this writing no one has developed anything close to Falcon 4’s Dynamic Campaign engine.

DCS does have superior graphics and multiplayer capabilities.  In addition the level of detail in radar and avionics in DCS aircraft also seem to be superior to anything else currently available IMO. 

🍺

• Like 1

Image36.jpg