TM Warthog

On 1/24/2022 at 11:01 AM, Dannyvandelft said:

Bind the slider to helicopter throttle, then invert the actual throttle handles to use as a collective.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And how do you want to start up the engines one by one (we're talking about Apache, right?), if the heli has separate throttles, but you have one slider on your WH Throttle? 😉

Edited by Razor18

2 hours ago, Razor18 said:

And how do you want to start up the engines one by one (we're talking about Apache, right?), if the heli has separate throttles, but you have one slider on your WH Throttle? 😉

I might just add a modifier (button on a button box) as this should only need to be used at start up. Alternatively I might map the 3 position WH Throttle ENG OPER L & R switches as off/idle/step up.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Not that I could suggest another, more practical function for the HW trim axis right away, I just don't see why would you assign it to a function with discrete positions, if you can command those with keypresses, and only do it once during every flight anyways. At least at the beginning, until there is no use for the lock out function that converts then to manual throttle control for emergency.

Edited by Razor18

17 minutes ago, Lt.Seahawk said:

Since there's a TM Warthog Thread already, do you guys have any recommendations for deadzones, curves etc for a smooth flight? 

+1 🙂

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And how do you want to start up the engines one by one (we're talking about Apache, right?), if the heli has separate throttles, but you have one slider on your WH Throttle?
You push both throttles together from idle to fly, not independently, so you don't need 2 sliders.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Phaze11111 said:

Nice job.  Thanks for sharing.  Just curious what are you setting for the dead zone and curve for you controllers?

At the moment, it's...
Cyclic pitch and roll:  Dead zone 3, Curve 15
Collective:  Dead zone 3, Curve 20 (it's a jet's throttle, figured I need a more gradual input)
Power lever (slider):  None

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

5 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

Just finished my Apache profile for the Warthog Hotas. You can download it here if you like.

GL AH-64D TM HOTAS WARTHOG Diagram v1.jpg

Thanks in advance for this. I am going to give it a try as I have the TM Warthog HOTAS. I also have the Crosswinds pedals too though so hopefully I can understand how to enable them once I start setting this up. 😇 Oh, one more question. I do not have TrackIR but I have my own homemade head tracker and use OpenTrack software so will that work the same?

Thanks

Edited by davebert

17 hours ago, davebert said:

Thanks in advance for this. I am going to give it a try as I have the TM Warthog HOTAS. I also have the Crosswinds pedals too though so hopefully I can understand how to enable them once I start setting this up. 😇 Oh, one more question. I do not have TrackIR but I have my own homemade head tracker and use OpenTrack software so will that work the same?

Thanks

Crosswind Pedals:
Controls - Unmap the L/R Rudder mapping (for the Pilot and CP/G) and use it for something else.
Axis Assign - Assign rudder axis to your Crosswinds.

OpenTrack:
It should be detected by DCS in the Axis Assign option for Head Tracker (in pitch, roll, up/down, left right, yaw and head fwd/aft). You may need to start OpenTrack first before starting DCS so that it gets detected and shows up in Axis Assign.  

Cheers!

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

3 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

Crosswind Pedals:
Controls - Unmap the L/R Rudder mapping (for the Pilot and CP/G) and use it for something else.
Axis Assign - Assign rudder axis to your Crosswinds.

OpenTrack:
It should be detected by DCS in the Axis Assign option for Head Tracker (in pitch, roll, up/down, left right, yaw and head fwd/aft). You may need to start OpenTrack first before starting DCS so that it gets detected and shows up in Axis Assign.  

Cheers!

Thanks for the info. I already figured out and unmapped the Pilot controls for the Crosswinds but forgot about the CP/G. I didn't have Opentrack started before I started so that is why I had some issues there. I will fix that today. I did set my curves too. I was able to fly a little bit yesterday but that tracker is sure needed for best results.

Cheers! 🍻

Edited by davebert