In CPG front cockpit . OPEN SIGHT DOORS ?

DmitriKozlowsky

Exploring front CPG pit, after AI turned weapons ON. Try look through sight. All I get is black and OPEN SIGHT DOORS message. Yet in CPG controls, I am unable to see the control for Open Sight. 

On right front panel. I do have Missile Sight Doors switch in UP. Power is ON. AI reports Weapons ON. Yet when I look through sight view, I get "Open Sight Doors". So it is kind of confusing and contradictory. I am sure its simple, once some experience is gained.

3 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

Exploring front CPG pit, after AI turned weapons ON. Try look through sight. All I get is black and OPEN SIGHT DOORS message. Yet in CPG controls, I am unable to see the control for Open Sight. 

On right front panel. I do have Missile Sight Doors switch in UP. Power is ON. AI reports Weapons ON. Yet when I look through sight view, I get "Open Sight Doors". So it is kind of confusing and contradictory. I am sure its simple, once some experience is gained.

The sight actually has 2 sets of doors/covers:

There's the outer, metal protective covers, and then there's the inner, transparent protective covers, for the actual sight glass.

The outer, metal covers are controlled by the observe switch on the upper right panel, it's labelled B2 and "НАБЛ" in the Russian/Default cockpit and "OBSERV." in the English cockpit. This switch must be up (and the outer covers open) in order to use the sight.

The inner, glass covers are controlled by the missile sight doors switch on the front right panel (labelled "СТВОРКИ" in the Default/Russian cockpit and "DOORS" in the English cockpit). It isn't necessary to open these in order to use the sight.

It sounds like you're trying to open the inner covers, without opening the outer covers.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

4 hours ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

I am sure its simple, once some experience is gained.

Its explained in the Tutorial though I think only once so you dont really get much chance to practice the procedure unless you go through it yourself from the start.

Edited by Boosterdog
  • Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• 2 years later...

After a certain time not flying the Hind, tried again. But opening the sight doors won't work (actually not working in a self made test mission, but works in the tutorial) , did it as described above, no joy: it says open the sight doors, the "O" key doesn't work, neither the "door" switch is engaged or not. Are there any changes I missed due to updates?

Edited by Mole

3 hours ago, Mole said:

After a certain time not flying the Hind, tried again. But opening the sight doors won't work (actually not working in a self made test mission, but works in the tutorial) , did it as described above, no joy: it says open the sight doors, the "O" key doesn't work, neither the "door" switch is engaged or not. Are there any changes I missed due to updates?

Is your gun on? Weapons powered up? 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

11 hours ago, Mole said:

Yeah, if you jump in airborne Hind, 30 mm gun will be selected and you can't open sight .