Missing Diamond in VSL Hi/Lo & PAL Mode

josef

Hi bros
Sometimes after doing BVR or dogfight, I can select my A-A missiles (SW/SP/PH), I can hear the Aim-9 beeping but there is no moving diamond after I select VSL Hi/Lo or PAL. I see that this issue has been mentioned before, but no useful response. Is there something the Jester or I need to do? Thks

hud needs to be in Air to air mode. in any other mode, weapon selection label, diamond and cross symbology never appears. Same with any hud symbology discrepancy. No bomb fall line or target cross for bombs or rockets? Must not be on air to ground mode. No velocity vector, AOA? Hud not on landing mode.

Edited by WelshZeCorgi

• 10 months later...

Yesterday (24/Gen/2023) I got to teach how to use the PAL, VSL and other: I report as this guy did, the diamond got missing. When trying to use PAL it was able to lock, even without that diamond showing up.

I fly the F14 by 3 years and I was in A/A mode. He's not wrong when he says that diamond was missing.

The problem was gone when that other guy in F14 left the server. Idk why.

• Like 1

I frequently have diamond issues with these modes as well. I'll have to go back to identify which specifically, but in one or two modes the diamonds never appear, in one mode the diamond appears, moves vertically up, then immediately disappears forever, and in....whichever scans horizontally it works as advertised. Previously I recall the diamond appearing and scanning in almost all modes, without vanishing. 

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

I frequently have diamond issues with these modes as well. I'll have to go back to identify which specifically, but in one or two modes the diamonds never appear, in one mode the diamond appears, moves vertically up, then immediately disappears forever, and in....whichever scans horizontally it works as advertised. Previously I recall the diamond appearing and scanning in almost all modes, without vanishing. 

VSL Low and PAL you should be able to see the diamond going across the HUD when you’ve selected an applicable HUD mode and weapon (for example A/A HUD mode and not guns selected). VSL Hi scans super high so it’s not shown in the HUD since its scan volume is beyond the limits of the HUD.

• Like 3

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

12 hours ago, Nealius said:

The diamond does a horizontal scan that cycles through various vertical positions when I enter VSL LO.

That is PAL (Pilot Automatic Lockon) it got range 15nm. VSL (Vertical scan lock), range 5nm, as name suggests scans up and down, not horizontally. 

Edited by The_Tau