SuperCarrier Spawn Points

BlackRook

Yesterday was cold-starting in the Sixpack (default spawn point), and an AI spawn pretty much ruined everything by pulling up so close that I could not move my jet without hitting his.  No way out, could only quit (without a wreck).  The only way to avoid this as a player right now is to fix spawn times via TOT times. 

Are there any plans to allow for selection/preference of carrier deck spawn places, so that non-Sixpack spawns can be selected?  The default spawn points are right in the way of aircraft moving to CATs 1 and 2, so without some AI tweaking to stop them from creeping right up against you, almost touching, it ruins the entire flight.  The AI freezes, stuck, and you cannot maneuver to unfork everything.

If we could spawn first on the Elevators 1 and 2, and the Corral, or the El3/Patio area, this would help.

3 hours ago, BlackRook said:

Yesterday was cold-starting in the Sixpack (default spawn point), and an AI spawn pretty much ruined everything by pulling up so close that I could not move my jet without hitting his.  No way out, could only quit (without a wreck).  The only way to avoid this as a player right now is to fix spawn times via TOT times. 

Are there any plans to allow for selection/preference of carrier deck spawn places, so that non-Sixpack spawns can be selected?  The default spawn points are right in the way of aircraft moving to CATs 1 and 2, so without some AI tweaking to stop them from creeping right up against you, almost touching, it ruins the entire flight.  The AI freezes, stuck, and you cannot maneuver to unfork everything.

If we could spawn first on the Elevators 1 and 2, and the Corral, or the El3/Patio area, this would help.

Use statics to block the six pack and you spawn in other ramp. I use AI F/A-18C (not the F-18A version because it don´t block the spawn point) and place it along the deck and i can start from elevators, etc. see pics:

EDIT: sometimes i set my group to start 2 secs later so the other AI spawn first.

Screen_210907_221219.png

Screen_210831_234734.png

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

11 hours ago, BlackRook said:

Totally get that, but... this is in a Liberation campaign mission, which operates off of scripting and a template.  I am not sure how badly adding deck pretties to the template .miz carrier will impact things.

Yes i understand you. Don´t need to full populate the deck just the sixpak, but, as you said i´m not sure how will impact the Liberation Campaign. This has been working to my side because i fly my own created missions, with Liberation Campaign i guess things may have a unknown impact. Sorry i couldn´t help you further.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

For Liberation I always had to go into the Mission Editor and set any of the first AI flights to spawn 1 second after mission start, thus bypassing the Sixpac and not messing with ToT. It's the only way I've gotten boat ops to work in Liberation.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
On 3/2/2022 at 10:25 AM, BlackRook said:

Please supply a track or mission if you are still seeing an issue.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png