OpenXR Guide - Deprecated - This time for real (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

nikoel

This has been updated to release 0.6, I've repacked it again for use in OVGME as above 🙂

I believe that this version eliminates the centreing and black OCXR_WMR_ACC_v0.6.zipscreen issues.

• Like 4

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

2 minutes ago, Marco Schaap said:

I'll try this out, thanks!

You might also need to clear your environment data from Windows Mixed Reality Portal and then NOT set a center in there either.  It appears to me that OpenXR seems to MAYBE define it's own center differently that WMR or SVR...  and DCS works with SVR way.

Super cool Edmuss :).  I'll give it a shot when I get home...  About 6.5 hours or so...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

You can now set a seated position in the wmrp environment without issue, the above release should fix the problem 🙂
Starting wmrp and then dcs whilst having the headset unable to recognise the environment data (covering the cameras) has been 100% perfect for me.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat

Nice... I'll try implementing this evening.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

32 minutes ago, Nodak said:

What are the two extra files in the OBS pugin folder for?  FS 2020?

I have no idea, not even sure where they're meant to be but they've not appeared to have broken anything by leaving them where they are!

Tried it out, simply amazing.

I'm going to see what options are available to subscribe to the releases and automatically create the OvGME compatible archive every time a release is pushed to the GitLab repo.

I'll probably do my stuff on GitHub, will share a link here when I'm done - if somebody doesn't first beat me to it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 7Coolhand said:

I run my Reverb G2 in 60Hz and I can’t see any flickering that many complaints about.

Does OpenXR support 60Hz mode for Reverb?

Yes it does but in this case it doesn't give such a smooth ride as 90hz for the following reason.

With steamvr, if the GPU can't reach refresh rate then it renders at half rate and generates synthetic frames that are then interpolated with the rendered frames. This gives the appearance of it being rendered at refresh rate and being synced to head motion so it's smooth.

With openxr, if the GPU can't reach refresh rate then it forces the renderer to wait for accurate tracking data before displaying the frame. It will jump down in fractions of the refresh rate so 90hz will jump down to 45, then 30 and finally 22. This means that the display is much smoother even without smoothing turned on.

The fractional steps for 60hz are 30, 15, 12 FPS so unless you can guarantee being able to get more than 60 fps you're effectively rendering at 30 without smoothing which isn't all that pleasant.

You can also turn smoothing on with openxr but for some reason I currently get loads of visual artifacts, much more than I ever had with steamvr.

I'm also immune to the 60hz flicker, in steamvr 60hz smoothing on is definitely the way to go to maximise quality on lower hardware. In openxr I'm 90hz all the way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edmuss said:

This has been updated to release 0.6, I've repacked it again for use in OVGME as above 🙂

I believe that this version eliminates the centreing and black OCXR_WMR_ACC_v0.6.zip 2.59 MB · 21 downloads screen issues.

I had a black screen, updated to 0.6 and now everything works fine without reboot 👍

• Like 1

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

@edmuss

Would you do me a favor with this .6 release if you have the Apache...

Start DCS, Do NOT hit the recenter keybind.  B/S the IHADDSS and check accuracy.

Press the DCS re-center keybind, re-boresight the IHADDSS, Check accuracy.

I ask because so far I've been able to make it all work but ONLY before I recenter the headset.  Once I recenter the headset in DCS using the DCS keybind...  It breaks the IHADDSS Boresighting procedure.  

Every other airframe works fine because there's no boresighting system like in the Apache.  

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

hey, looks like a cool project - but i am getting an error on starting dcs and the discord link is expired.  any chance for a new link? 

unknown.png

edit: posted error just in case someone knows

Edited by Arew

19 minutes ago, M1Combat said:

@edmuss

Would you do me a favor with this .6 release if you have the Apache...

Start DCS, Do NOT hit the recenter keybind.  B/S the IHADDSS and check accuracy.

Press the DCS re-center keybind, re-boresight the IHADDSS, Check accuracy.

I ask because so far I've been able to make it all work but ONLY before I recenter the headset.  Once I recenter the headset in DCS using the DCS keybind...  It breaks the IHADDSS Boresighting procedure.  

Every other airframe works fine because there's no boresighting system like in the Apache.  

I'm afraid that I don't have apache so can't test it directly 😞
Pretty sure @nikoel does though so perhaps he might be able to help find the problem/cause?

• nikoel changed the title to [Update 23/3 V0.6] OpenXR Quickstart Guide (For G2, G1 and other Headsets)

Maybe...  

I'll test the .6 release later but this only started happening after installing the OpenXR stuff.  Aside from this one thing though...  SUPER sweet.  Very smooth and better clarity.  Not much change in framerate but WAY better smoothness.

Guide has been updated to reflect the new changes 

Update OpenComposite to 0.6

Old files removed. New ones attached

Removed deprecated instructions on how to avoid black screen and recentering being wonk

(Not yet tested by me as I will be out of my office for the next 10hrs)

• Like 1

@ OP

Holy *$^#!!  :worthy:

Just finished the setup. I can't even imagine DCS could look this incredible in VR!!

I do sorta miss motion smoothing, though it's not as necessary at Apache speeds.

One issue, SteamVR still launches anytime I start WMR, even though I set it not to in WMR settings. I just close it and go, but is there something else I need to do?

I do NOT miss having to load the other mods either.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

47 minutes ago, Arew said:

hey, looks like a cool project - but i am getting an error on starting dcs and the discord link is expired.  any chance for a new link? 

unknown.png

edit: posted error just in case someone knows

I cleared this up by doing a clean/repair then a reboot. Also refreshed everything in ovgme.

• Like 1

Only issue I have is, during flight I can just make out the right edge of the LCD in the left eye, about 2 o'clock.

I tried the DCS cross eye tool, no luck. I wonder if there's some where in the .ini to fix?

--Arthur C Clark

2 minutes ago, Sr. said:

Only issue I have is, during flight I can just make out the right edge of the LCD in the left eye, about 2 o'clock.

I tried the DCS cross eye tool, no luck. I wonder if there's some where in the .ini to fix?

Use my mask or create your own

2 hours ago, ColinM9991 said:

Tried it out, simply amazing.

I'm going to see what options are available to subscribe to the releases and automatically create the OvGME compatible archive every time a release is pushed to the GitLab repo.

I'll probably do my stuff on GitHub, will share a link here when I'm done - if somebody doesn't first beat me to it.

Update. I have a Github repo that is now building the correct structure for OvGME also with a version.txt file. 

Unfortunately, gitlab doesn't have a great API so I'm doing some things manually. 

I'm going to update the code some more to be a bit more resilient, should hopefully have something to share at the weekend. 

24 minutes ago, Habu-z said:

I cleared this up by doing a clean/repair then a reboot. Also refreshed everything in ovgme.

weird, i did a clean/repair before installing but doing another and reinstalling and dcs launches now.  cheers!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, edmuss said:

I believe that this version eliminates the centreing and black OCXR_WMR_ACC_v0.6.zip 2.59 MB · 35 downloads screen issues.

everything worked like a champ with my G2 setup.  thank you, thank you!! 

Thank you OP!!!

Edited by javelina1
thanking OP too!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

2 hours ago, Sr. said:

@ OP

Holy *$^#!!  :worthy:

Just finished the setup. I can't even imagine DCS could look this incredible in VR!!

I do sorta miss motion smoothing, though it's not as necessary at Apache speeds.

One issue, SteamVR still launches anytime I start WMR, even though I set it not to in WMR settings. I just close it and go, but is there something else I need to do?

I do NOT miss having to load the other mods either.

I also had WMR set to not launch SteamVR, yet it still did.

for me, it was this (not putting in the new openvr.dll)

Edited by javelina1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

2 hours ago, nikoel said:

Use my mask or create your own

Using yours (I think)

I'm not sure which of these would effect the left lens, 2-3 o'clock position.

It's like that "view" needs to slide to the right just a touch.

;Hidden area mesh fix for G2, may work on other headsets
enableHiddenMeshFix=enabled
projEye0Top=-1.050609
projEye0Bottom=1.054611
projEye0Left=-1.162030
projEye0Right=0.988473
projEye1Top=-1.043035
projEye1Bottom=1.059019
projEye1Left=-0.989877
projEye1Right=1.156349

--Arthur C Clark