Swedish Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

10 hours ago, EvilDuckDad said:

Likely not an issue for most people, however under certain circumstances you can get a single RBS-58 unit to have multiple missiles in the air at the same time.  Other than making the reload time longer than the maximum flight time, I'm not sure if this is something you can prevent from happening. Reload times of around 30-35 seconds seam to prevent this from happening. 

Screen_221103_234253.png

Screen_221103_234347.png

Would you mind sending me a miz where you experience this? Thanks! 👍🏻

Edited by currenthill

Hello currenthill!

In case you intend to create annother helicoter for DCS...

This helicopter is on my wishlist:

Hkp 4. (Boeing Sea Knight)  Used by the Swedish Navy (Hkp 4B and Hkp 4C) and the Swedish Air force (Hkp 4A).

For those not familiar with this helicopter in Sweden:

In the Swedish air force, the Hkp 4 was used for SAR.

The Swedish navy used the Hkp 4 for ASW and SAR.

If I am not completely wrong, was most of these built by Kawasaki in Japan.

Best regards:

Otulf 

Hkp 4 FV.jpg

hkp_4 01.jpg

s_hkp4 02.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, FaderThom said:

Hi.

I'm not sure it's really needed now that we have the IRIS-T SLS units. But have you considered introducing RBS 23, Bamse?

Thanks a lot for a brilliant mod.

Regards, Thom

Thanks!

Yep, I've considered it. Haven't made up my mind yet though. 😁

Edited by currenthill

I get "Authentication failed" in Open Beta Wut?

Swedish asset pack.jpg

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Saved games install location only,.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

44 minutes ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Saved games install location only,.

Thanks. I figured it out. Phew.. 🙂

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Dude! This pack is great!
Nu jãvlar!  😄 

• Like 1

I have an issue with soldiers!
I try to make a scenario (CAS mission) where the KA-50s have to assist a convoy in an ambush.

To prevent the soldiers from killing each other in a few seconds, I put the troops of the two camps in "invisible" mode and I use the "Fire at point" task to simulate the 2 camps shooting at each other, but without killing each other (protected by Covered)

To prevent them from accidentally shooting each other with "fire at point", I set an AGM altitude of 4m (so that they shoot themselves above their heads, the goal being that the helicopters are dealing with the attackers, not the soldiers)...

If the troops used are those of the Swedish pack, I almost always have a crash.

You can reproduce the bug very easily (I have a crash 2 out of 3 times).
If I put "classic" DCS troops, there is no crash.

I'm hovering behind private "Fingal Ohlsson" here in an AH 64, packing 16 Hellfires.
There's an S-tank" behind us for good measure.
He is totally making me unemployed. That armoured convoy could not come near our roadblock.  🙂
-Best thing since yanagiba-sliced sushi.  🙂

FingalOlsson.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kappa-131st said:

I have an issue with soldiers!
I try to make a scenario (CAS mission) where the KA-50s have to assist a convoy in an ambush.

To prevent the soldiers from killing each other in a few seconds, I put the troops of the two camps in "invisible" mode and I use the "Fire at point" task to simulate the 2 camps shooting at each other, but without killing each other (protected by Covered)

To prevent them from accidentally shooting each other with "fire at point", I set an AGM altitude of 4m (so that they shoot themselves above their heads, the goal being that the helicopters are dealing with the attackers, not the soldiers)...

If the troops used are those of the Swedish pack, I almost always have a crash.

You can reproduce the bug very easily (I have a crash 2 out of 3 times).
If I put "classic" DCS troops, there is no crash.

Please send me a miz that reproduces the issue. 👍🏻

18 hours ago, Kappa-131st said:

https://easyupload.io/izy2bl

(Work sometime, crash sometine. it is random)

Yeah, this is strange. Are you running DCS 2.8+? Because I never saw this behavior in earlier DCS versions. I definitely would have noticed, I've done a lot of testing. And now it crashes almost every time. Well, the log doesn't seem to give me any clues at all after a crash. So I'll probably have to cut it up in pieces and try to weed out the culprit. 🤪

Edited by currenthill

4 hours ago, currenthill said:

Yeah, this is strange. Are you running DCS 2.8+? Because I never saw this behavior in earlier DCS versions. I definitely would have noticed, I've done a lot of testing. And now it crashes almost every time. Well, the log doesn't seem to give me any clues at all after a crash. So I'll probably have to cut it up in pieces and try to weed out the culprit. 🤪

I use DCS 2.8.0.32235.1 Open Beta.
I try to understand witch action provoque his crash, i will continue my tests.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kappa-131st said:

I use DCS 2.8.0.32235.1 Open Beta.
I try to understand witch action provoque his crash, i will continue my tests.

Much appreciated! 👍🏻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FaderThom said:

Hi again.

Would it be possible to create a more mobile SAM like the MSHORAD by SAAB, combining the Giraffe and RBS90?
https://www.saab.com/products/mshorad

Hey!

It's definitely possible. But it would be an outlier within the Swedish Military Asset pack scope. I've tried to keep the scope to mainly assets in use by the Swedish Armed Forces, with the outliers being the assets that ware in service before, or assets that are planned to be in service. 

I won't say definitely no, but it's not on top of my list right now. 👍🏻

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, akitaken said:

Hi currenthill,

Is there a specific command for the SPG cannon to start firing automatically because once placed on the map in the editor, nothing happens... as for all the MLRS and other rocket launchers. can you help me so that I can fully appreciate the fruit of your superb work? thanks a lot  😉

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look!

6 hours ago, akitaken said:

I found it ! 😃 thanks...

Ok! So it was more a question of how to use artillery in DCS, the "Fire at point" command. 👍🏻

• Like 1