Swedish Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

6 minutes ago, Apple said:

Nice! I need to learn how to set this up. Looks very cool!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Abburo said:

i'll try to create a basic MANTIS setup for  sweedis mod...

@currenthill is any of the short range SAM site able to defend against HARMS?

Sure! All air defense assets will defend against HARMs. Although the SPAAG will be the least successful asset in this matter. 👍🏻 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, antiload said:

The RBS-15 MK4 land cruise missile doesn't clear the mountains. Is it just for costal land targets or deep strike?

Thanks

Yep, it has a pretty basic land cruise missile functionality. Pretty much as the actual missile. 

• Like 1

Hi, on the other hand, I scored a hit on the Admiral Kasatonov frigate sailing 58 nm off the coast, with one RBS-15 missile skimming 19 ft above the sea. However, this was the only hit among 8 RBS-15 missiles fired by a land-based mobile launcher.... The Kasatonov defense is very effective against Harpoons and RBS-15... Many thanks to Currenthill for his excellent Swedish Mod !... 👏😃

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this fantastic mod, I can't wait having the Kola map.

Question : is it possible to remove the tracers for the sniper? They are not supposed to so easily spotted.

Thanks,

Vincent

• Thanks 1

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

3 hours ago, vctpil said:

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this fantastic mod, I can't wait having the Kola map.

Question : is it possible to remove the tracers for the sniper? They are not supposed to so easily spotted.

Thanks,

Vincent

Haha, that is a good point! I'll add the suggestion to the backlog for the next update. 👍🏻

4 hours ago, toan said:

Hi, on the other hand, I scored a hit on the Admiral Kasatonov frigate sailing 58 nm off the coast, with one RBS-15 missile skimming 19 ft above the sea. However, this was the only hit among 8 RBS-15 missiles fired by a land-based mobile launcher.... The Kasatonov defense is very effective against Harpoons and RBS-15... Many thanks to Currenthill for his excellent Swedish Mod !... 👏😃

Cool! Yeah, the Kasatonov's modern defense systems makes it pretty hard to get through. But you will most likely score either due to leakage or saturation. No weapon system is perfect. 👍🏻

I love the Kastanov ship !

I hope we have plenty of Russian's ship for the launch of Kola map, to populate the north fleet !
I actually find a good model of Udaloi class, and a good model for a Ropucha class. With Admiral Kastanov and the DCS Salva class, we start to have an good Russian fleet.

I hope that we have Sovremenny class one day ^^

• Thanks 1

On 10/15/2022 at 9:07 PM, currenthill said:

Swedish Military Assets by Currenthill
Release Version 1.00 

uc?id=14f_eT_h3W7Oi49dp2TAMQhBuk58FYQs5

I'm happy to announce the first release version of the Swedish Military Asset pack for DCS.

I ask you to please keep the following in mind: 

• This is a one-person hobby project, as I have a full-time job!
  • There will be smaller issues that I won't catch in testing, since there are so many assets (thousands of lines of code, closer to 90 EDMs and hundreds of textures).
  • I'm aware of a lot of time consuming issues like too high poly count models, models with lack of details etc, these will be fixed one by one over time in iterations. Main focus now is to release the version 1.00 as a starting point. I'm not a fan of waterfall projects that never finishes.
  • It's very large in size (12 GB) due to the amount of assets, models and textures. Dial-up users won't be happy!
  • When released I truly welcome user reported issues in this thread, I will track these for future iterations. But please refrain from focusing too much on weapon specifications. I do a lot of research, as do probably a lot of you, but as you know OSINT sources often differs in their facts. And since we'll probably never know the correct answer for most of these questions, there is no point in arguing them. I spend a lot of time trying to emulate weapon system function, not design. I do my best to implement realistic weapon systems that won't be overpowered. Be aware though, some of these assets may feel overpowered just because they are much more modern than many of the ED assets in DCS.
  • Again, this is a version 1.00 release.

Also, these are a list of already known issues or limitations with the current version.

• Infantry movement animations needs work.
  • Infantry death animation needs adding.
  • Models have high poly count.
  • Models have high resolution textures.
  • Duplicate models and textures between assets since I keep the different assets separated in the structure for development purposes.

Please feel free to report issues in this thread, while I will certainly log them for incident management, I can't guarantee I will be able to answer everything in the thread. I will be handling new and known issues in the background, as well as adding more assets, for the next release version.

Don't forget to check out the included PDF - it's a collection of all the one-pagers explaining the asset's different capabilities.

All the assets are located under country "Sweden" and have the prefix [SMA] !

Please DO NOT redistribute this mod without permission!

Complete (12 GB)
Download link: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/4b3a558a0/khdyc75n-duep36g9-s9ciibnd-mgtt8ph5

Split zip (2.9/2.9/2.9/2.3 GB)
Download link part 1: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/0bb184e70/imktjfwz-qs9n2xpd-gr2e6kvj-7f4srq8j
Download link part 2: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/37cff4390/fdbz475h-h4r5n9nd-3y55fu9p-mz3khmyj
Download link part 3: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/71b327dd0/ju9hmeyp-xd93qxzt-3twj9ban-3vab9m22
Download link part 4: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/5a5589e30/5st2rhvv-qh7db7km-wagyfug2-4prhzwky

Hi !

Many thanks and congratulations for all the work done.

Could you just tell me how to make the air defences work, please ?

I have installed the RSB 98 with the Unde 23 as indicated but nothing happens... thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, akitaken said:

Hi !

Many thanks and congratulations for all the work done.

Could you just tell me how to make the air defences work, please ?

I have installed the RSB 98 with the Unde 23 as indicated but nothing happens... thanks in advance.

Thanks!

Make sure the UndE 23 and EldE 98 units are in the same unit. Otherwise they won't communicate. If the target is out of range they won't enter ready mode until it may be too late. I've configured the units to make good use of the ALARM STATE. So if you want to move and deploy a SAM site make sure to set the ALARM STATE = RED when they stop and deploy. That makes sure they are in ready mode.

Check out the enclosed mission file. 👍🏻

image.png

image.png

RBS 98 test setup.miz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, FRus said:

Hi guys! Thanks for this amazing mod! Why can't I transport infantry by helicopter?

Thanks!

Help me out here, transporting infantry is something I haven't done. How do I test this easiest?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

Help me out here, transporting infantry is something I haven't done. How do I test this easiest?

Here is a short guide:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Thanks!

I didn't understand your question. When you put the infantry in the mission editor there, in the advanced (waypoint actions) you indicate that units can be transported within the radius and you need to specify the type of transport (Mi-8 for example or UH-1) and when you enter the Mi-8 within this zone, you can take them on board and transport somewhere else. I was so happy when I saw infantry with a 12.7 rifle and ATGMs, but without transportation, they are not so interesting to me. ((((

Thanks for the video @Rudel_chw

I understand the concept now and have 
made the infantry transportable. It will be included in the next release. 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Thanks for the video @Rudel_chw

I understand the concept now and have 
made the infantry transportable. It will be included in the next release. 👍🏻

Thank you so much! It is game changer for Mi-8 and UH-1 lovers ))) Now helicopter pilots can do something on DCS if we can take Spec ops team and doing some ambushes in front of enemy colons. The fact is that it is useless to carry ordinary infantry, since they will not even be able to destroy one BTR-80.

Edited by FRus
  • Like 2

On 10/23/2022 at 3:20 PM, currenthill said:

Thanks!

Make sure the UndE 23 and EldE 98 units are in the same unit. Otherwise they won't communicate. If the target is out of range they won't enter ready mode until it may be too late. I've configured the units to make good use of the ALARM STATE. So if you want to move and deploy a SAM site make sure to set the ALARM STATE = RED when they stop and deploy. That makes sure they are in ready mode.

Check out the enclosed mission file. 👍🏻

image.png

image.png

RBS 98 test setup.miz 7.71 kB · 7 downloads

Hi currenthill ! thanks a lot, everything is going fine now.

• Like 1

This is amazing mod, but there is just one problem.

It is very weird that the Patriot radar changes direction and tracks targets...
Patriot is designed to be used with a combination of multiple radars pointing in one direction and the radar should not be tracking targets and moving on its own.

db765d2a.png

54724c52.png

6 hours ago, Taiga1.00 said:

This is amazing mod, but there is just one problem.

It is very weird that the Patriot radar changes direction and tracks targets...
Patriot is designed to be used with a combination of multiple radars pointing in one direction and the radar should not be tracking targets and moving on its own.

db765d2a.png

54724c52.png

Yep, you are correct. I've made an error in the configuration. The AN/APQ 65, as you mention, has a fixed azimuth. I've already fixed the issue for the next release. 👍🏻

• Like 3

Hi Currenthill, am I right in saying that the LVS103 system has no EPLRS feature available in DCS, and no RED Alert option either ? I've only used the mobile version of its elements so far. For the RBS 98, it seems that it can be defeated by low flying aircraft (flying fast at 500 ft or less), as in real life, I guess... Excellent Mod, indeed. 👏

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, toan said:

Hi Currenthill, am I right in saying that the LVS103 system has no EPLRS feature available in DCS, and no RED Alert option either ? I've only used the mobile version of its elements so far. For the RBS 98, it seems that it can be defeated by low flying aircraft (flying fast at 500 ft or less), as in real life, I guess... Excellent Mod, indeed. 👏

Nice catch! EPLRS should have been available, somehow I managed to miss it for the LvS 103. 🤪

It will be included in the next release. 👍🏻

What do you mean by "RED Alert option"? 

In regards to defeating the RBS 98, I think you need some fancy maneuvering to pull it off. I've tried lots of scenarios with ECM equipped aircraft flying low and fast, and still get caught by the IRIS-T. Make sure the UndE 23 STR isn't obstructed in some way. And make sure both the UndE 23 STR and the EldE 98 LN has been fully erected.  

Edit: I'll gladly accept miz files if you want to show me some particular behavior. 👍🏻

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 2