VR FPS

Jarhead0331

The same hier, Apache is completely in Cockpit 10-15-FPS unplayable, suttering movement, it's really bad. All other modules are running at 80-90 FPS. Stable Mode...

Windows 11 64Bit | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E |

Intel Core i9-12900KF | 32GB Corsair Vengeance schwarz DDR5-5600 DIMM CL36 Dual Kit |

Samsung SSD PRO EVO M.2 1TB - Samsung SSD M.2 EVO 1TB | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3070 Ti OC | LG 27" 27GL850 |

VPC WarBRD Flight Stick | TWCS Throttle |

Screen_220525_234124.jpg

Screen_220525_234145.jpg

Edited by Anhel

Intel Core i9-12900KF | 32GB Corsair Vengeance schwarz DDR5-5600 DIMM CL36 Dual Kit |

Samsung SSD PRO EVO M.2 1TB - Samsung SSD M.2 EVO 1TB | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3070 Ti OC | LG 27" 27GL850 |

yep, and/or there are cockpit textures that reduce the resolution from 4k to 2k and removes the mipmaps. i get playable 90fps in vr with that cockpit, albeit with lots of modifications AND running in vr.

• Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Thanks Hammer1-1, thats it,  i get playable 70-90fps  with that Mod in  cockpit now....

And Big Thanks to Unicode4all for this Mod.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3321192/

Edited by Anhel

@Anhel big difference in visual quality of the cockpit with that mod?

Even though I run a RX6900XT, I'm always maxed out on the VRAM usage. And when I'm flying over forest area, for some reason I get smooth frames looking straight ahead. But turning my head 90 degrees left/right I always experience stutters. Not so much in dessert areas. 

I can also see this behavior on my FPS. Having the OpenXR toolkit open I can see the reported framerate is 45 FPS. But turning my head it starts dipping down to 40-43, inducing stutter.
Toolkit also report "Target Missed" even though my frametime on the CPU and the GPU is nowhere near the limit of 22ms for 45 FPS. CPU is is usually around 10-12 ms telling me I have 60-70% pverhead while the GPU is often around 16-19 ms.

3 hours ago, TZeer said:

@Anhel big difference in visual quality of the cockpit with that mod?

Even though I run a RX6900XT, I'm always maxed out on the VRAM usage. And when I'm flying over forest area, for some reason I get smooth frames looking straight ahead. But turning my head 90 degrees left/right I always experience stutters. Not so much in dessert areas. 

I can also see this behavior on my FPS. Having the OpenXR toolkit open I can see the reported framerate is 45 FPS. But turning my head it starts dipping down to 40-43, inducing stutter.
Toolkit also report "Target Missed" even though my frametime on the CPU and the GPU is nowhere near the limit of 22ms for 45 FPS. CPU is is usually around 10-12 ms telling me I have 60-70% pverhead while the GPU is often around 16-19 ms.

No, not really. Unless you're expecting 4k resolution, then no. They dont downsize either when you select low/med/high textures in the options menu. I cant tell a difference either.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I have randomly and ocassionally seen a sudden drop to 17 fps which makes the sim unplayable.  I have been able to recover by switching out to Oculus Home and back.  I have seen nothing obvious that could've been causing the issue; possible hunch / long shot: maybe happens when another aircraft (e.g. wingman) is near and comes into view and tips the system over.

I include the task manager screens for my spec, NOT an instance of when the issue is happening, although when it did happen I don't think it was any different - didn't screenshot it at the time - sorry.  When it happens again I will update.  I usually get an acceptable and playable 36 fps which is about as much as I can hope for with my setup, and is what I was seeing when I took the screenshots.

I am running native Oculus, non-Steam version. Oculus Quest 2.  Caucasus theatre.

(Marianas is unplayable on my system with the F-18.  Haven't even tried that theatre with the apache.)

EDIT UPDATE:  as suggsted here I have tried Medium textures instead. Problem hasn't ocurred since I did.  VRAM usage is noticably lower. As can be seen in the scrrenshot, on high tex it's almost up to limit.  Not so with medium. 

I was holding off as I was expecting the sim to look a lot worse, but, tbh, I haven't noticed any difference.

Screen_220528_103037.pngScreen_220528_103052.pngCapture01.PNGCapture02.PNGCapture03.PNG

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

1 minute ago, baol said:

I don't have a "Liveries" folder in my saved games directory of DCS. Should I just create a folder named it?

yes

My wallpaper and skins

C:\Users\you\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_AH-64D

does your directory look like this? you dont install this in the AH-64D liveries folder, you install it in its own folder.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

3 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

C:\Users\you\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\Cockpit_AH-64D

does your directory look like this? you dont install this in the AH-64D liveries folder, you install it in its own folder.

This is my directory:

C:\Users\me\Saved Games\DCS\Liveries\Cockpit_AH-64D

I do not have DCS.openbeta folder

the only other way you're going to know is if you drop the textures down to minimum. if they look identical to the maximum resolution, then that means it installed right. dont believe you can select different cockpits quite yet in the special menu yet.

My wallpaper and skins

9 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

the only other way you're going to know is if you drop the textures down to minimum. if they look identical to the maximum resolution, then that means it installed right. dont believe you can select different cockpits quite yet in the special menu yet.

I have already verified that the mod is correctly installed but I still do not notice a change in fps between having it and not.

I don't understand how other people get such good results with this mod.

Thank you anyway.

well there could be a number of things preventing you from running good fps, and its not always tied to the cockpit textures in the AH64. likely if you are getting bad FPS in that module, you are likely getting bad FPS all over. is it strictly in VR or 2d? have you optimized your pc? My pc is heavily modified even though its a high high end pc (although a tad bit dated) and I get good FPS in the apache...but not as good as other modules. and when I mean heavily modified, I mean my drivers are modified, my VR setup is heavily modified and streamlined, I kill non essential programs like LED lighting and a lot more tweaks behind the scenes with shader mods and what-not. also some of the biggest killers in DCS as for fps is high or ultra clouds, traffic set to heavy, MSAA over 2x, and depth of field being the biggest one.

My wallpaper and skins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...