Ka-50 vs Apache what do you prefer?

Madgun

Ka-50 vs Apache what do you prefer?   

275 members have voted

1. 1. Ka-50 vs Apache what do you prefer?

• Kamov Ka-50
    • Boeing Apache AH-64D

39 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

@Swift. Do you fly with all the SAS channels enabled, or have you made any mods to the FM lua?  Do you use the "tap" or "hold" technique for FTR?

FM edit yes, I use Scaleys mod because the default yaw breakout values are way too high.

I use the two technique because the SCAS is still WIP, so it's disengaging when you hold the FTR instead of augmenting. 

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

44 minutes ago, Swift. said:

FM edit yes, I use Scaleys mod because the default yaw breakout values are way too high.

This might be good information to disclose when posting a video claiming the FM isn't an issue for you, just so we aren't comparing apples to oranges. 😉

I tried his mods when it first came out and VRS on the tail rotor was an issue, but haven't tried it again since then.  I might give it a go again and see how she flies.  Does ALT Hold mode work properly with his mods, or does it still oscillate up and down?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Floyd1212 said:

This might be good information to disclose when posting a video claiming the FM isn't an issue for you, just so we aren't comparing apples to oranges. 😉

I tried his mods when it first came out and VRS on the tail rotor was an issue, but haven't tried it again since then.  I might give it a go again and see how she flies.  Does ALT Hold mode work properly with his mods, or does it still oscillate up and down?

I believe it still oscillates, the hold mode efficacy was considered a worthy sacrifice to counter the 'sticky' collective issue.

As for whether I should have disclosed that I was using a tweaked FM, I don't see the importance tbh. Its not changing the actual FM its just changing what the breakout zones for the yaw are. If your problem is that you are wobbling all over the shop, having a slightly more sensitive yaw (as per the mod) isnt going to change that. It just makes it easier to set up stuff like hovering rocket firing.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Swift.:

I believe it still oscillates, the hold mode efficacy was considered a worthy sacrifice to counter the 'sticky' collective issue.

As for whether I should have disclosed that I was using a tweaked FM, I don't see the importance tbh. Its not changing the actual FM its just changing what the breakout zones for the yaw are. If your problem is that you are wobbling all over the shop, having a slightly more sensitive yaw (as per the mod) isnt going to change that. It just makes it easier to set up stuff like hovering rocket firing.

which mod are you talking about exactly, do you have a link?

12 hours ago, Swift. said:

Just to be clear, I never stated that hovering and precise flying isn't possible in the Apache. I can do it myself, all good. The issue is that it is way too unstable and sensitive overall.

Just very tiny collective changes make the Apache yaw which you have to counter with pedal movement. This is normal as it is a helicopter and all other Helos in DCS act the same way.

But the needed inputs with the Apache are way too small. I can barely see my physical collective or rudder pedals moving yet that thing acts like you give 20 % collective / pedal compared to our other DCS helicopters.

We should be able to takeoff, hover and do some slow flight maneuvers without the need to crawl ourselfs onto our pedals the whole time. It should be an enjoyable and smooth collective and pedal movement. 

Lowering Y saturation for the pedals down to about 60 helps a lot but that is just a workaround. The FM needs some tweaking and I think we will get there. Just takes time. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Hobel said:

or fly the Apache in the front seat alone😎

Doable, but sounds a bit weird, like flying the F-15E from the back seat alone.^^

I will never understand how someone could miss out on MP if there is not a huge variety of nice scripted campaigns for any module + dynamic campaign.
There are nice campaigns, but simply not enough I think, at least for my taste. Also SP download section offers cool stuff only every now and then.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

54 minutes ago, Bananabrai said:

Easy to fix: do multiplayer

I tried multiplayer during 18 months and found that it wasn’t a nice experience for a guy like me.

37 minutes ago, Bananabrai said:

I will never understand how someone could miss out on MP if there is not a huge variety of nice scripted campaigns for any module + dynamic campaign.

MP is not really the eden garden you are promoting, its full of people that cheat, players that don’t know the basics of flying their aircraft, players that don’t read the briefing, don't respect the flight plans, that only care how many aircrafts they can kill, even if friendly, full of rude admins, and so on. 

As for SP missions and campaigns  available, the Ka-50 is probably the helo that has the most of them. True, many are pretty old, but I enjoy using the Mission Editor to fix/improve them, add voiceovers and even moving some to newer maps, such as Syria.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Rudel_chw:

I tried multiplayer during 18 months and found that it wasn’t a nice experience for a guy like me.

MP is not really the eden garden you are promoting, its full of people that cheat, players that don’t know the basics of flying their aircraft, players that don’t read the briefing, don't respect the flight plans, that only care how many aircrafts they can kill, even if friendly, full of rude admins, and so on. 

As for SP missions and campaigns  available, the Ka-50 is probably the helo that has the most of them. True, many are pretty old, but I enjoy using the Mission Editor to fix/improve them, add voiceovers and even moving some to newer maps, such as Syria.

But this is not the only way to play MP.
You also need to talk to people and make plans together I have no problems in this area.

apart from that, you also sign up for PvE events where everything is planned out.

I'm in a group and we meet at least once a week and are then about 10-20 people who fly together a mission and everyone knows what he is doing with briefing and everything else that belongs to it.🙂

1 hour ago, Hobel said:

I'm in a group and we meet at least once a week and are then about 10-20 people who fly together a mission and everyone knows what he is doing with briefing and everything else that belongs to it.

I was in such a group for over a year, and always always there were some (some, not all)  players that hadn't read the briefing, always there were some people that couldn't meet and leaved their flights at less than full strength, there always was people that arrived late, never ever the mission started at the planned time and this also created the problem of people that had to drop-off before the mission was over because it started 45 minutes late.  

Honestly, I eventually understood that my flying time was more fulfilling when flying by myself, and I'm OK with that and I understand that other people may feel differently and love the social aspects of MP and taht's OK too.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

I was in such a group for over a year, and always always there were some (some, not all)  players that hadn't read the briefing, always there were some people that couldn't meet and leaved their flights at less than full strength, there always was people that arrived late, never ever the mission started at the planned time and this also created the problem of people that had to drop-off before the mission was over because it started 45 minutes late.  

Honestly, I eventually understood that my flying time was more fulfilling when flying by myself, and I'm OK with that and I understand that other people may feel differently and love the social aspects of MP and taht's OK too.

Maybe you should check out groups like Black Shark Den?

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

eden garden

Well, I don't remember the part where I said that. I just used the term "miss out on MP".
You are definitely right in at least 50% of the criticism, but I have to say, you didn't find the right people then.

Up to you of course. I did not say one is the holy grail and the other is hell. There are some nice SP things around, that's for sure.
From what you say, we were definitely not on the same servers. I omit Air quakes or grindy servers immediately.

Alias in Discord: Mailman