JHMCS alignment always fails

drsoran
Go to solution Solved by drsoran,

Recently I'm not able to do a JHMCS alignment anymore. In the COARSE alignment step I permanently get an "ALIGN FAILED" message instead of "OK". I depress CURSOR ENABLE button and keep it pressed until alignment is finished (or failed for me). This happens during cold start as well as hot start.

Never had this problem before so I would assume it has changed since one of the last updates. I'm in VR on a Valve Index, if this is important. 

Track files: https://my.hidrive.com/share/i1dv-457ca

Btw, how do I upload track file >5MB? My track files are about 1 min and already 7MB. Is there a way to shorten them?

Edited by drsoran

6 minutes ago, drsoran said:

Btw, how do I upload track file >5MB? My track files are about 1 min and already 7MB. Is there a way to shorten them?

One way to make them smaller is to try to reproduce the issue in an empty mission without units in them. 

Yes, but I'm stuck at step 1 because alignment fails. Nobody I fly with seems to have this problem so I think it's VR headset related? 

41 minutes ago, razo+r said:

One way to make them smaller is to try to reproduce the issue in an empty mission without units in them. 

Thanks for the hint. Will record in empty mission then.

Edited by drsoran

• Solution

OK, I think I found the cause to some degree. Seems it is related to fpsVR running in background. Don't know if fpsVR changed something internally with coordinates but when I close it then alignment works. Last fpsVR update was April 6th so could correlate. I can also get around it when letting fpsVR running and do "Reset seat position" in SteamVR. Both should fix coordinates reported. This is totally strange since visually ones sees no difference.

13 hours ago, drsoran said:

OK, I think I found the cause to some degree. Seems it is related to fpsVR running in background. Don't know if fpsVR changed something internally with coordinates but when I close it then alignment works. Last fpsVR update was April 6th so could correlate. I can also get around it when letting fpsVR running and do "Reset seat position" in SteamVR. Both should fix coordinates reported. This is totally strange since visually ones sees no difference.

Why are you not using OpenComposite? 

Edited by Fulgrim