Varjo Aero: Общее руководство для новых владельцев

Supmua

10 minutes ago, Supmua said:

Oh ok. OXRTK is per app I think. So settings vary as you don’t want to use your exact DCS settings with MSFS for example.  For global res you’d still rely on VB which unfortunately provides only 6 settings. 

Ok thanks, yeah I am currently only doing DCS.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

56 minutes ago, dburne said:

Thanks but again that does me no good, apparently I am not stating this in a way that is clear enough to grasp.

I would like the Open XR Resolution setting to reflect what my default would be for the setting in Varjo Base. Once I have entered a value in Open XR Toolkit for resolution it keeps that resolution. So no matter what I select in Varjo Base when I select to override resolution it is automatically going to input the last value I entered for it. I see no way to get it back to default resolution say as a starting point.

I think you're over thinking it..  literally just turn the override resolution flag in OpenXR toolkit to OFF...  then you're right back to what is set in VB (the next time you launch DCS).

If you want to delete the value you have currently set when override is turned on.. delete the following entry from the registry settings for DCS

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenXR_Toolkit\DCS World - 'resolution_height'

Edited by mjfrisby

4 hours ago, mjfrisby said:

I think you're over thinking it..  literally just turn the override resolution flag in OpenXR toolkit to OFF...  then you're right back to what is set in VB (the next time you launch DCS).

If you want to delete the value you have currently set when override is turned on.. delete the following entry from the registry settings for DCS

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenXR_Toolkit\DCS World - 'resolution_height'

Thanks.

I guess I just wanted a way to display the actual resolution in the headset when it was set to default. Apparently no way to do this.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

With DFR enabled and Motion  Smoothing locked at 45FPS finally is almost working perfect, still planes look a bit blurry to the sides, but better than before for sure.

Problem is that if we reduce Pheripheral below 1.0 to gain a bit more performance DCS crashes.

If we could reduce Pheripheral below 1.0, maybe we could get the performance we need to be able to run Motion Smoothing better.

I guess eventually it will happen.

Edited by motoadve

Found all instructions on mbuccia download page-I was too excited and didn't continue to read.

However, still can't get quad view up and running. I have uninstalled previous mbuccia wrapper per uninstall instructions-deleted new .json (from mbuccia) (I'm not at home so I don't have exact name) and renamed .jsonoriginal.

Installed the new mbuccia quad view via msi-Still the single view. Deleted the files that were in the mbuccia wrapper (older one). Still no quad view. 

Any other ideas. Using MT version with no parameters in shortcut.

After reading the following texts (below) I realized quad view was running. Quite beautiful and smooth. Can't imagine it getting a hell of lot better-I am VERY happy.

Edited by Slick Twitchy
Update

CRX-Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K;4090; Varjo Aero; Winwing UFC/HUD/MFDs/Throttle/PTO Panel/Combat Panel; Winwing F-18 joystick; Buttkickers; Monstertech flight seat; PointCTRL.

21 hours ago, mjfrisby said:

OpenXR Toolkit doesn't care what PPD VB is set to.. Whatever you set in VB is what you are going to get in the headset.

Thanks. That was the question yes. But I can read it out with the toolkit. So I can compare it with what fpsVR is showing and confirm that 100% in steamVR is also the same resolution I have set in Varjo Base.

So I can compare results if I get it running again without steamVR

22 hours ago, Slick Twitchy said:

Found all instructions on mbuccia download page-I was too excited and didn't continue to read.

However, still can't get quad view up and running. I have uninstalled previous mbuccia wrapper per uninstall instructions-deleted new .json (from mbuccia) (I'm not at home so I don't have exact name) and renamed .jsonoriginal.

Installed the new mbuccia quad view via msi-Still the single view. Deleted the files that were in the mbuccia wrapper (older one). Still no quad view. 

It doesnt change whether foveated rendering is working or not, but if you want to see the quad views on the mirror, you have to enable “both eyes” in the DCS VR settings

• Like 1

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

On 3/21/2023 at 3:06 AM, Slick Twitchy said:

DCS MT quad view doesn’t necessarily show 4-screen mirror.  I posted on this awhile back and originally thought that DCS MT wasn’t quad view because of single screen mirror and lack of double cursor in cockpit.  However, after checking with mubucchia he suggested that this might not have been the case because it is not compatible with OXRTK (quad view doesn’t work with OXRTK at present), and since double cursor is no longer an issue this sparked a new interest in the quad view mode because he was able to easily inject eye tracking and ability to modify resolution via multiplication factors. All this have made quad view mode viable with the MT build. 

Use OpenXR Explorer to check and it will show all the active extensions including quad views, eye tracking, mucchia’s extension, etc.  If DFR is active, there is also a background processs called Varjo Gaze in Task manager. 

Edited by Supmua
  • Like 1

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• ED Team
On 3/18/2023 at 10:14 PM, mbucchia said:

Thanks for posting this!

I don't want to take all the credit here, because the foundation (ie: implementing the Varjo quad views) is all done by Eagle Dynamics, and that is frankly THE complex part, that they have achieved without anything from me. Adding the foveated rendering on top was quite easy.

@BIGNEWY I always love to share some useful feedback for the dev team, so maybe you could forward some of this to them:

1) With XR_VARJO_quad_views working, adding XR_VARJO_foveated_rendering is really super simple! The dev team should check out the OpenXR spec for details. It's very straightforward, just need to add a few things here and there to make a great feature! This is all my program does really. Let's wait for feedback, but I feel it is well worth the effort to implement inside the game for all Varjo users. My code is also open source and can be used as reference (see link). My code is more complex than if it was done in-game, and implementation in the engine is likely < 50 lines of code total.

2) I did find what looks like a bug in the engine, that made things a little more tricky: it seems that with multithreading, the engine is sometimes mixing up the FOV values that it submits with each frame. This causes the FOV values queried to render frame N+1 to be submitted for frame N instead. The trace below shows an example of it (see the "display time" values and how the submitted FOV values for view 2 and 3 do not match the correct frame display time? Red arrow shows what needs to be done instead). This bug breaks foveated rendering because it introduces a 1-frame warp of the focus area, and I put a workaround for it in my program (that literally does what the red arrow shows, by matching the FOV values with the correct frame display time).

I will mention it to the team, thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

24 minutes ago, darkman222 said:

Thanks for all the replies. I am getting little lost here. What is quad view for? Some months ago I was glad I could get rid of it because of the lower performance and the double cursor.

In short: it’s necessary for DFR to work. As far as I understand, with quad view you can have one high resolution view representing the focus area and one for a lower resolution peripheral view (x2 for both eyes). With stereo view you can not split into focus/peripheral, it’s just one resolution per eye.

You can still have only one VR mirror ( choose one eye as mirror in DCS).

Double cursor is not an issue anymore with MT and OpenXR.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/@Willdass

Setup: VPC Warbrd with TM F/A-18 stick on 10cm extension, Realsimulator FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra with F16SGRH grip, Winwing Super Taurus throttle, SimGears F-16 ICP, Winwing Combat and Take Off Panels, TM TPR Pendular Rudders,  3x TM Cougar MFD's, Simshaker Jetpad, Wacom Intuos S for OpenKneeboard.

PC: RTX 4090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64gb RAM 3600mhz, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2, Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, prancibald said:

This new DFR thing released by @mbucchia is amazing.  I don't know exactly what you did, but it really changes the game.  I feel like motion smoothing has actually improved with it somehow.  Thank you thank you thank you!

Just tried it for the first time and was completely blown away. Flew the Hornet off the Supercarrier in Persian Gulf cold start mission, once I got to catapult my fps went up to 90 fps and stayed there the entire flight! And this with most graphics maxed out. I could hardly believe it! This is with Varjo Base set to Very High on resolution.

• Like 1

Don B

On 3/18/2023 at 2:28 PM, Supmua said:

OK, mbucchia has released DFR support for the Aero's quad view mode.  Check it out.  Note that this is not compatible with OXRTK, and the quad view off extension wrapper will need to be removed as well.  This is only for Varjo OpenXR runtime as Steam runtime does not have quad view support.  Major performance increase compared to stereo view even at the highest setting due to proper dynamic foveation support.

Home · mbucchia/Varjo-Foveated Wiki · GitHub

it's this thing!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dburne said:

Just tried it for the first time and was completely blown away. Flew the Hornet off the Supercarrier in Persian Gulf cold start mission, once I got to catapult my fps went up to 90 fps and stayed there the entire flight! And this with most graphics maxed out. I could hardly believe it! This is with Varjo Base set to Very High on resolution.

Yeah. Having 39 PPD in the central visual area is no joke.  You can push it even higher if you don’t mind 45 fps. 

Edited by Supmua

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

5 hours ago, Slick Twitchy said:

How can you get higher than 39 PPD?

By manually increasing multiplication factor above 1.0 in setting.cfg file.  Again this is perceived PPD via supersampling.  You can get similar effect using DCS pixel density setting but at higher performance cost. 

How do I get into quad view mode in MT with the Aero? I can get it to work with the singlethreading version of it if I just start it without modifying the shortcut like "E:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" as it comes per default.

If I want to start it in MT "E:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe" it does not give any output image. ( It catches the mouse cursor though, so I know the VR view is there)

Varjo Base is set to openXR:on openVR:on

Tried openXR:on openVR:off - same result

.... tried a slow repair, didnt help either.

Edited by darkman222

@darkman222Have you disabled OXRTK? And uninstalled the Varjo Wrapper? As per the DFR installation instructions.

https://www.youtube.com/@Willdass

Setup: VPC Warbrd with TM F/A-18 stick on 10cm extension, Realsimulator FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra with F16SGRH grip, Winwing Super Taurus throttle, SimGears F-16 ICP, Winwing Combat and Take Off Panels, TM TPR Pendular Rudders,  3x TM Cougar MFD's, Simshaker Jetpad, Wacom Intuos S for OpenKneeboard.

PC: RTX 4090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64gb RAM 3600mhz, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2, Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, darkman222 said:

How do I get into quad view mode in MT with the Aero? I can get it to work with the singlethreading version of it if I just start it without modifying the shortcut like "E:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" as it comes per default.

If I want to start it in MT "E:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe" it does not give any output image. ( It catches the mouse cursor though, so I know the VR view is there)

Varjo Base is set to openXR:on openVR:on

Tried openXR:on openVR:off - same result

.... tried a slow repair, didnt help either.

1. Uninstall Varjo instance extension wrapper (json file must be switched back to the older version), or delete the entire Varjo folder from C drive then Remove and reinstall VB.

2. Uninstall OXRTK, or disable it for DCS via Companion app.

3. Install Varjo_Foveated mod from mbucchia. 
4. leave both OpenXR and OpenVR ON in VB. You need OpenVR to run most other games. 

• Thanks 1

@SupmuaThanks a lot for the quick summary. I was about to miss out on DFR at all. It works for me now. And I can see sh**t now! Amazing.

I was experimenting with FFR via the OXRTK but this seems to gain even more GPU performance. Cant tell it in numbers, because I cant use fpsVR nor the OXRTK overlay. But it feels like I gained at least 10 fps on the GPU frametime side. I mean like 10 fps more compared to fixed foveated rendering via OXRTK.

On some occasions, winter in Caucasus for example I  can see the high resolution rendering square jumping around but you get pretty quick used to it.

Any way to read out the CPU and GPU frame times with DFR now? (except the weird DCS fps read out which is quite unintuitive)

Edited by darkman222

Guys give it a try with Automatic VSync and motion smoothing, works better than 45 on my system, (4090, i9 10900K) almost perfect, now and them some slow downs but some epic and smooth dogfights in WWII Channel map, a lot less artifacts than with 45 locked , also smoother in  39 PPD, and 1.2 in DCS, looks super crisp.

Edited by motoadve

Guys give it a try with Automatic VSync and motion smoothing, works better than 45 on my system, almost perfect, now and them some slow downs but some epic and smooth dogfights in WWII
Do you run OXTRK Turbo mode with this config?

14900KS | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero