Super weird one and first for me.

Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Hello!

Been encountering a bug now a couple of times. First release in CCIP with dumb bombs also fires a 120 of the rail in A2G mode. This has happened to me on several occasions now and finally decided to try and recreate it in SP. When hot started it doesn't fire off a 120. 

I've had this happen with GBU 12s as well, but that is not in this track.

120_bug.trk

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi, 

I can see it in your track replay but I am unable to reproduce.

Will continue to try. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for looking into it. I have not been able to reproduce it from a hot start, so might be worth trying a cold start if you're not already. Also not tried with pylons 7 & 3, just 6 & 4. 

On 5/10/2022 at 10:05 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

I can see it in your track replay but I am unable to reproduce.

Will continue to try. 

thanks

I was able to reproduce this bug by having my dogfight switch in the Missile Override position before spawning into the F-16.

I then start up as normal and when I fire in air to ground mode, an AMRAAM also fires.

This only seems to work when spawning into a cold and dark F-16. 

I ran into this bug accidentally while firing mavericks, but I noticed I had left my dogfight switch outside of the neutral position from a previous sortie, so was luckily able to track this down and reproduce it repeatedly.

Clear steps to re-produce:

1. Spawn into a cold and dark F-16 with dogfight switch on HOTAS already set in the MSL OVERRIDE position.

2. Start up the F-16 as normal and add both AMRAAM and any air to ground weapon to the loadout (I prefer rockets for easiest testing)

3. Take off, switch to air to ground mode, master arm on, and hold the weapon release. Air to ground weapon will release, but an AMRAAM will also come off the rail.

Hope this helps!

Edited by tae.

I also had similiar behaviour, but it was fault of my HOTAS.
I have override switch binded to a boat swirch in TM Warthog, which stays in on position, not returning to neutral, like it should in Viper. Wneh I was droping bombs with override set to missiles, it launched bomb and AMRAAM at this same time.

On 5/18/2022 at 9:03 PM, Foka said:

I also had similiar behaviour, but it was fault of my HOTAS.
I have override switch binded to a boat swirch in TM Warthog, which stays in on position, not returning to neutral, like it should in Viper. Wneh I was droping bombs with override set to missiles, it launched bomb and AMRAAM at this same time.

It does stay in position in the real jet, but it will go into that mastermode directly when you put main power on and switch MMC, MFD and ST STA to on.  

In DCS this doesnt happen, so you can be in 2 master modes at the same time, which is impossible in RL

• Like 2

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

• 1 year later...

Caucasus maps - f16 - old mission - testing. 

No trk file mission too long. No tacview was a big surprise.  

All I can give ya. F-16 in ag mode, tgp lock ccrp mode, launch cbu and a aim 120 came off at the same time. Pickle button issue ?. i started cold jet. Second pass no change in modes and cbu only came off, as intended.  

Layman terms pickle button shot both air to air and air to ground. 

Just a report guys and girls :). 

Since tacview didn't pick the flight up at all... some rare case ? 

As I stated in the topic, never seen this before. 
A rare gremlin...

So just to let you know that is all. 

Edited by macedk

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just checked. My master mode was not neutral. real or not, that would explain it in dcs....

Cooders go " we can't code stupid" 😉 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But for the second run I didn't change that master mode, I just changed it after I saw this post. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]