I LOVE THIS JOB (Version 3.0)

Thanks for your kind words @01G8R and @UncleStains , I appreciate them!!!!

19 hours ago, UncleStains said:

Also, the new flight model makes refueling at some point mandatory. Is there a way to refuel at the helicopter base or do I have to keep going to the airport? I got to do my first actual emergency autorotation when I ran out of gas right over the airport yesterday!

Your can refuel in the base. Once you land in the helipad, you will have to open the radio menu, and you will see that there is an option "F8. Ground crew", If you contact them you will see that there is a "F1. Ream & refuel" option. Besides you can refuel too in the Larnaca airport -south of the city-.

The only Issue I have seen is on the task where you shoot out the jeep's tires. After the jeep blows up, I land nearby but the mission never advances. Easy enough to abort mission and move on to the next one.

Yes, this is a bug. Thanks for telling me!
I like the Swamp mission, but I think it could be improved. The pursuit idea is cool, but it could be better.

I'd love an update with more content (maybe a plane crash rescue mission or some random air traffic to avoid) or another map and I'd pay good money for it!

Those are good suggestions, thanks! But right now I'm working on something, so there is no going to be an update, sorry!
But if everything goes right, I assure you that you will love the "thing" I'm working on 😉

Awesome, can't wait to see what you come up with next!

I can't get the base ground crew to respond to my refuel request. Do I need to tune my radio to a specific frequency? The airport ground crew responds even if I have all my radios turned off.

The pursuit mission definitely rules. More open terrain might make it easier but it is also fun to dodge light poles and trees while the deputy tries to aim her pistol!

One more weird thing I noticed... Doesn't affect anything, but I think around the time of the most recent DCS OB update there are now a bunch of cars parked on the terrorist ship. It also sinks to the bottom now instead of sitting there on fire. So much for the tripulation, serves them right for letting terrorists drive hatchbacks onto their shp.

• 2 months later...

Looks like the recent Syria map update has caused some issues with this mission. For one, the hospital helipad has been moved so the landing triggers don't work. Also, there now seem to be a lot of weird errors with receiving missions. Any chance of an update? Thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 8:40 PM, UncleStains said:

Looks like the recent Syria map update has caused some issues with this mission. For one, the hospital helipad has been moved so the landing triggers don't work. Also, there now seem to be a lot of weird errors with receiving missions. Any chance of an update? Thanks!

Yes, I see there has been some changes in the position of the Hospital Helipad that affect the missions.

I found that there are several problems with another parts of the map: for example the industrial area near the city now is empty. 😵

In the map it appears to be the buildings. But there is nothing there...
So I'm going to wait what's going on before starting to solve the problems, because working with the Mission Editor is a PITA!

Edited by Presidium
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

What an awesome mission set! I found myself playing this for hours and couldn't wait to do it again the next day.

Other than the hospital landing problem and the lack of buildings bug in the warehouse area, I also found that the most exciting mission (the car chase) doesn't seem to move past the portion when you land near the vehicle. I wonder if I've done something wrong, but I tried taking off and landing in various positions and distances and nothing happens.

Despite that, it's all still fun. Thank you @Presidium for all your hard work!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2023 at 12:16 AM, Flappie said:

The Larnaca industrial area is back in ED internal build. It should be there with the next OB update.

That's good news Flappie! Then it's time for me to start working on it.

Planning:
-Solve Helipad detection problem in the Hospital since the Syria update.
-Solve problem with receiving missions since the Syria update.
-Fix the problem at the end of the Swamp mission that doesn't allow to end it.
-Solve some path problem when you are chasing the cars in the Swamp mission.
-Fix some smalll bugs and errors (debug messages on screen, map names...etc)
-Fix some typos.
-Check refueling options.

Goczeski said that " the timings are a bit too tight, making this mission feel like a racing challenge rather than immersive simulation", and I think it's a nice suggestion. I'm planning in making a "no time" option, so injured people wouldn't die if you don't get them on time to the hospital, bombs will not have a timer...etc

Any other suggestion, or idea, please speak now or forever hold your peace!

Edited by Presidium

• 2 months later...

DCShotel02.jpg

Gentlemen, version 3.0 has been released:

I LOVE THIS JOB v3.0
HUEY SHERIFF SKIN

Includes 2 new SAR missions + a "NO TIMER" option. So you can play all the missions without the timing pressure (injured people wouldn't die if you don't get them on time to the hospital, bombs will not have a timer... etc). Besides I solved the problem in the Swamp mission that doesn't allow to end it and fix all the bugs, errors and typos related with the Syria map update.

I hope you like it!

Edited by Presidium
  • Thanks 9

• Presidium changed the title to I LOVE THIS JOB (Version 3.0)

Can you fix your server please? The link to the mission file uses unencrypted http which leads to a security warning in Firefox (unencrypted content on an encrypted page). If I modify the link myself to https I encounter an invalid server certificate because the presented subject is a weird name instead of gamesfromhell.com.

Edited by jumphigh

14 hours ago, jumphigh said:

Can you fix your server please? The link to the mission file uses unencrypted http which leads to a security warning in Firefox (unencrypted content on an encrypted page). If I modify the link myself to https I encounter an invalid server certificate because the presented subject is a weird name instead of gamesfromhell.com.

Page will not even open for me in Chrome. Auto closes...

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

21 hours ago, jumphigh said:

Can you fix your server please? ... If I modify the link myself to https I encounter an invalid server certificate ...

Thanks for the advice!!! 👌I didn't know that could be a problem for some users. I think it's about getting a valid SSL certificate for the website. I have to check them...

Meanwhile I have changed all the links to the user files DCS website, so there will be no more problems:

I LOVE THIS JOB v3.0
HUEY SHERIFF SKIN

Edited by Presidium
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 12/29/2023 at 10:25 PM, LuseKofte said:

Took 5 missions on the row at medium difficulty. The timers was pretty tight. In hard are the timers even shorter?

Difficulty levels affects to: mission timers (injured people die faster, bomb timer is shorter, things explode sooner, chain reaction is faster..etc ), the LZs are smaller, they are usually crowded, or have some obstacles on the approach, you need to be nearest to the targets/objectives to trigger them (lower to throw grenades to the ship, closer to shoot to the car... etc).

Remember that you can "mix" the difficulty with the new "NO TIMER" option, so for example in the SAR missions if you choose the HARD level, you will have to land inside the tyres, and there will be more obstacles, but you will have plenty of time to approach and return to the hospital.

Edited by Presidium
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I love this. Is it possible for me to change over to the Gazelle without breaking any triggers or copyright 

I have been a much better Huey pilot and always start DCs with some of these missions

Switching an aircraft (in this case rotorcraft) should not affect the triggers, but you would have to reestablish the payloads if there are any. Also, the Huey can have side gunners, whereas the Gazelle does not.

• Thanks 1

PC specs:

Intel Core i7-13700K [Raptor Lake 3.4GHz Sixteen-Core LGA 1700] (stock clock)/64.0 GB RAM/RTX 3080 GPU (stock clock)/Windows 10 Home/SSD Drives/T.Flight HOTAS X/HP Reverb G2